WJC: "Eh oh Canada go"?

Steve466

Apr 21, 2005
That's how effective that ad is. I tuned it out so much I didn't even realize Pepsi was the one promoting this crap chant.

Apparently it's so effective that you needed to make a thread about how little you care about it.
It's a stupid corporate attempt to make even more billions for themselves. It's dumb, it won't catch on, and I'd guess the only further mention of this chant will be additional people who feel the need to talk about how much they hate it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
We need to start a "EH! OH! PEPSI SUCKS" campaign asap and have people bring "COKE > PEPSI" signs to all the events in Vancouver.

That'll teach em!

:laugh: I like this. Imagine, spending the millions on advertising pepsi did to win over the hearts of Canadians only to be shat on. I love it. RC cola is better:nod:.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I would slap anyone who chanted that. Pepsi deciding a chant, what a joke.

I love how soccer fans in south america have entire songs they sing for their teams. It makes for a great environment. I especially love the ones where they call the opposing team gay and that their country is terrible and whatnot. Too much pc'ness in this part of the planet for that to fly.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I can picture the Russian chant now:

ovechkin-alex080312.jpg

A O, CANADA BLOWS!

We cannot allow this!

Yeah, I hought it was a pretty big phonetic fail.

Ovechkin's going to think the fans there really love him. And I mean more than usual.:D

Turboflex*

are they really gonna put some contest winner in the hall of fame?

aren't there supposed to be trustees who make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Is there any video of this? I'm surprised fans could even get into the Soviet Union to go to the games.

It's on my Summit on Ice DVD, I bought it at FutureShop a few years ago. You can probably find it on Amazon somewhere; it's a pretty good DVD, lots of game footage and interviews. A bit too much Alan Eagleson for my liking(and probably for many others) but he was instrumental in getting that series together.

~Canucklehead~

caycanuck

May 28, 2006
Coquitlam, BC
Contrived..... Lame......it reminds me of the electronic clap and noise promp you see at all the NHL arenas....... What I would like to see, in a perfect world, come out of this tournament is....... Kipper steals the show and gets the MVP of the tourney, Iggy is named captain and does well, if any other Flame makes it to the Olympics they also do well, none of the participating Flames get hurt.... Luongo stinks the joint out in his home rink and wears the goat horns..... the participating Flames take their Olympic experiance and turn it into a Stanley Cup for Calgary.... my cheer for this tourney will be Go Flames Go when and where ever they are involved....
:laugh:

Even I wouldn't wish ill on any Flames on Team Canada.

TheCH*

Its corny but i don't really care what the cheer is. As long as the atmosphere is loud and proud.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I for one will be chanting "EH OH CANADA GO" loud and proud as I wash down a big bag of Lays Original potato chips with an ice cold 1L bottle of Pepsi, the choice of a new generation.

p3nsfan

Mar 26, 2009
Winnipeg
Yeah I think its pretty retarted, not gonna lie. The commercial of those people chanting it just pisses me off.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I was thinking of a good chant when I was sleeping last night, tell me what you all think about it.

"go canada go"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad