Post-Game Talk (GBU): Effort, Leino, Officiating

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
I think you might be the only Sabres fan that has a problem with it.

No he really isn't. While it was funny it was also stupid. Phaneuf wasn't blameless but he wasn't the major problem there. The insult was unnecessary and is only going to mark a bigger target on him, from the leafs and the league.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
No he really isn't. While it was funny it was also stupid. Phaneuf wasn't blameless but he wasn't the major problem there. The insult was unnecessary and is only going to mark a bigger target on him, from the leafs and the league.

If the league doesn't like players chirping about about ticky tack homer calls, then they shouldn't make them. IT was a terrible call. What are they going to do, make more blatantly one sided and terrible calls? I fail to see how that's possible.

And, excuse me, but I don't give a **** what the Leafs think. If they don't like it, then maybe they should stop going full drama queen and supermaning over people the second that someone is touched.

Last edited by a moderator:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Yeah Clarkson started beating him up after they got up. It was as if Ott figured the fight was over already.

Truth. But like I told my peewee's, it ain't over until the fat lady sings…..
And they looked back at me like I was weird and told me that it's not nice to make fun of fat people…..

I guessed that I just got PC'd…….:laugh:

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
If the league doesn't like players chirping about about ticky tack homer calls, then they shouldn't make them. IT was a terrible call. What are they going to do, make more blatantly one sided and terrible calls? I fail to see how that's possible.

And, excuse me, but I don't give a **** what the Leafs think. If they don't like it, then maybe they should stop going full drama queen and supermaning over people the second that someone is touched.

The call was awful, Phaneuf wasn't to blame for the call though. In fact he had very little to do with the whole thing.

As I say, it's the call, not Phaneuf, he should have been *****ing about. The princess comment was daft, immature and just cried 'I'm in a strop'.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The call was awful, Phaneuf wasn't to blame for the call though. In fact he had very little to do with the whole thing.

As I say, it's the call, not Phaneuf, he should have been *****ing about. The princess comment was daft, immature and just cried 'I'm in a strop'.

Princess laid the crosscheck that started it all...he had very much to do with the whole thing.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
He's always deep in the crease, relies on reflexes. Kid is not a good positional goalie and that will do him in long-term. Reminds me of Jacques Cloutier -- he'll be star at times, bum others

Described perfectly. The days of reflex goalies in this league are waning. I hate saying that, because that's how I played. :(

That's a hell of a pull by Hogtown and I also a) agree and b) resemble the remark.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I just watched. Sorry to be so late to the party but I had to avoid the boards until I had time to watch the game.

Most of it has been covered, but the biggest thing for me is the competitiveness. This was a 5-1 loss under PotteryBarn McRolstsuck.

And I'll reiterate: my feelings are strong that Enroth is a sketchy, poor choice to be a #1 goaltender. Too many flaws. Hope Hackett takes the job or hope we can fill it elsewhere until someone like Ullmark is ready. Hoping Linus takes the Henke route and wins a title over there, comes here, and wins the job. Wishful thinking.

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
I just watched. Sorry to be so late to the party but I had to avoid the boards until I had time to watch the game.

Most of it has been covered, but the biggest thing for me is the competitiveness. This was a 5-1 loss under PotteryBarn McRolstsuck.

And I'll reiterate: my feelings are strong that Enroth is a sketchy, poor choice to be a #1 goaltender. Too many flaws. Hope Hackett takes the job or hope we can fill it elsewhere until someone like Ullmark is ready. Hoping Linus takes the Henke route and wins a title over there, comes here, and wins the job. Wishful thinking.

Hackett over Enroth? Are you kidding me??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad