Post-Game Talk (GBU): Effort, Leino, Officiating

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good -

- Effort was there, especially in the third. They should've never been able to make it close.
- McBain offensively had a lot of chances and converted on one.
- Ennis getting one on the PP after Dion's snit.
- Ott-Clarkson was spirited if nothing else.
- Giving the Leafs a struggle in the third.
- Princess Dion. Priceless!

Bad -

- Leino getting that late penalty. Ugh. Hated the call against him, but still... if anyone on the team is going to get that call against, it was him.
- Getting owned at the dot by the addition of an AHLer? Ugh.
- Tallinder losing his man. Seems each time it wound up in the net.

Ugly -

- The officials. The silliness that resulted in Scott getting sent out of the game, the silliness of the Leino penalty. Oh. Wait. It was dandy Don VanMassivehoser. I hope he never, ever works a Sabres game ever again.
- Want a rivalry? Let the boys go. That the league warned everyone off is just ****ing stupid.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
How that home-and-home series ended without one heavyweight fight is beyond me.

Good effort tonight, but the team still lacks talent. At least I see positives.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
The inability to clear the front of the net shows why Risto and Zad were prime picks for the Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How that home-and-home series ended without one heavyweight fight is beyond me.

Good effort tonight, but the team still lacks talent. At least I see positives.

Yeah, can't beat the league warning the teams and specific players about their actions. Entertainment business, right? Not as entertaining...

Better effort. Let's see how they do against the Blues, but steps in the right direction.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 5m

Sabres coach Ted Nolan says now that he's seen Jhonas Enroth, he'll monitor Ryan Miller's rest time and "ride the horse."

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
reading some of the leafs fans quotes from before this home and home, you would have thought it was the best team going against the worst team, instead of the worst team going up against the most dramatic team. I mean they barely escaped with the split, thanks to getting a couple very quick whistles and one awful horrible call to give them a powerplay while we were in the middle of slamming the third period down their throats...anyways...

G- effort in the third, not just mailing it in when 2 weeks ago they would have. Seeing players step up that you would not normally see like Stafford, McBain, Myers.

B- the leafs - they really aren't that good even with their CENTERS (could they mention any more times thats they dont have their top centres) It was like they were repeating it over and over again as if to justify themselves if this home and home was anything but two games that were 7-1 leafs. That was not a penalty at the end but Leino was non-existent tonight.

U- The fact that we had to play against the refs tonight, that call at the end was awful, but did anyone notice when we were in the middle of getting good pressure with like 5 minutes left how quick that whistle blew. It was like the ref was waiting until the puck came withing 3 feet of Reimer and blow the whistle.

ON ANOTHER NOTE - IF THE LEAGUE DEEMED THAT JOHN SCOTT WAS ELIGIBLE FOR THAT GAME and he was given a 7 game suspension and not a 9 game suspension, Why do the officials get to kick him out for doing NOTHING wrong but getting jumped. He wasn't even going after anyone and Maclaren or whoever jumped on his back. In what other league can you take away a teams elligible roster player because one of the other team is afraid of him. I mean he's big and tall so you are allowed to kick him out of the game for no reason, and you are allowed to take full swings at him with you stick, and be rewarded bv the league giving you a vacation for the remainder of the preseason. At the beginning og the years, I thought highly of the leafs like they were a serious contender to watch in the Division, but now I know better. (not saying the sabres are, but the leafs aren't either

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Except when we do clear the front of the net we get called for a penalty.

This. The moment Ray said it I had instant flashbacks of Tallinder clearing Kessel out and getting a penalty.

The Scott thing pissed me off, as did that call on Lame-o.

KeepCalmandCorsiOn

Jun 30, 2013
Scott isn't doing himself any favors. The penalty was horse****, but no reason to publicly call Phaneuf a "princess." Immature and unnecessary. This isn't going to fly.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 5m

Sabres coach Ted Nolan says now that he's seen Jhonas Enroth, he'll monitor Ryan Miller's rest time and "ride the horse."

That's an odd thing to say for a goalie who gave up one goal really.

The two tips by JVR were going to be hard saves, and he likely would have saved Raymond's shot had Myers not gotten a stick on it.

I thought he looked good besides being out of position on the first JVR tip, he could have read it better.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffaloSabres: "We can't take that." -#Sabres Interim Coach Ted Nolan on late penalty. "Those are the kinds of things we'll have to address."

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' Ville Leino on his penalty with 2:46 left: "It was a tough call, I think, especially at that state of the game." (1/2)

@BuffNewsVogl: Ted Nolan on Leino's penalty: "We can’t take that. We have full momentum, but I think he got a little bit frustrated." (2/2)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
That's an odd thing to say for a goalie who gave up one goal really.

The two tips by JVR were going to be hard saves, and he likely would have saved Raymond's shot had Myers not gotten a stick on it.

I thought he looked good besides being out of position on the first JVR tip, he could have read it better.

I think you're taking it wrong.

I don't think it was meant as a rip on Enroth.

Just saying he wanted to get a look at Enroth before "riding the horse"

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Interim Sabres coach Ted Nolan had a strong message for his new team following the first period.

“Ted came in and told us and said, ‘You guys are garbage,’” Sabres tough guy John Scott said.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Interim Sabres coach Ted Nolan had a strong message for his new team following the first period.

“Ted came in and told us and said, ‘You guys are garbage,’†Sabres tough guy John Scott said.

:laugh:

The guys blunt thats for sure.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
They are required to do moar bettar.

Ted is blunt... Hopefully he's got something in store so that they don't suck alwatys in the first period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad