Confirmed with Link: Eetu Luostarinen signs ELC

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Scouting Report: Eetu Luostarinen
Owns a very projectable (6-3) frame, plus excellent two-way acumen from the center position. Is rarely out of position and owns good hockey sense. Skates well and is extremely coachable. The jury is still out on his ability to put the puck in the net at the highest level. Also, he needs to gain more bulk and become stronger in order to acclimatize himself to North American hockey.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Gonna be tough to send this kid back down, but when Haula comes back it is the right thing to do....
I agree with Unstainable—Gibbons goes when Haula is back. Then when Martinook returns, I would keep Luostarinen at 4C and Wallmark at 3C. Try Haula with Staal and TT—you have to admit that having someone in the crease who can actually bury TT's passes would be a big plus.
Foegele and McGinn can alternate when/if everyone is healthy.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
send back Gibbons lol

If Martinook comes back first, I suspect they will send Gibbons down, or at least make him a 13th forward. If Haula comes back first, I suspect they'll send Luostarinen down, unless they decide to move Aho to Wing and go with Haula, Staal, Wallmark and Luostarinen at C.

When both Martinook and Haula are back, I suspect both Gibbons and Luostarinen will be sent down. I could see them keeping Gibbons as a 13th forward as there's no harm in scratching him, but they wouldn't want Luostarinen sitting in a press box.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
If Haula comes back first, I suspect they'll send Luostarinen down, unless they decide to move Aho to Wing and go with Haula, Staal, Wallmark and Luostarinen at C.
I know I am alone on this.

Haula is a goal-scorer. But the fact is he doesn't create goals for his wingers. In 161 minutes of 5-on-5 he has one secondary assist—mostly playing with Dzingel and Necas. A 1C needs to create goals for his wingers.

Try Haula on the wing—why can we conceive Aho on the wing but not Haula?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I know I am alone on this.

Haula is a goal-scorer. But the fact is he doesn't create goals for his wingers. In 161 minutes of 5-on-5 he has one secondary assist—mostly playing with Dzingel and Necas. A 1C needs to create goals for his wingers.

Try Haula on the wing—why can we conceive Aho on the wing but not Haula?
I don’t disagree and also would like Lou to stay up. I don’t mind Haula at the wing, but he has had done well at his so I doubt Rod wants to move guys away from positions of success. Also his different style of play at the position contrasts the other centers which is nice.

Honestly the guy Lou should be in competition with is Wallmark, who while more experienced isn’t really outperforming the kid. Whichever of them is more likely to get some offense while providing effective defensive play should be playing.

Still, I see Lou going back pretty soon. Hopefully with some confidence and he can play in all situations in Charlotte until the injuries happen again.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If the SAT line gets going as we expect it to, I say put Eetu on Staal's line with Nino. He is a righty who can take draws. Put him with Nino. It would be a hard line to push around but he makes smart enough plays to play on Staal's line

When marty comes back
SAT
Nino-Wally-Necas
Dzingle-Staal-Foegel
Marty-Eetu-McGinn

If Haula makes it back first
SAT
DHN
Nino-Staal-Eetu
Foegele-Wallmark-McGinn

When both come back
SAT
DHN
Nino-Staal-Eetu
Marty-Wally-Foegele
McGinn
(wont happen though)

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I agree I'd pretty happily send down Gibbons instead of Eetu in the short term. He's been an effective player the past couple of years for the Devils, Ducks, and Sens, but he hasn't found that here yet. Eetu has been more effective in his short stint. Long term, I don't see a need to force Eetu in the lineup if Haula is healthy, or if/when we make another move. There is nothing wrong with keeping him in Charlotte other than cups of coffee here and there.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I bet that Haula or Marty may be close to ready. Probably the former, maybe the latter.

Waddell said today that Martinook had surgery on October 10th with a 6-8 week timeframe to heal up. He said Marty was on the early side of that but based on his comments, IMO, it didn't seem like he would be back for another couple weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad