Confirmed with Link: Eetu Luostarinen signs ELC

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC

RALEIGH, NC - Don Waddell, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has signed forward Eetu Luostarinen to a three-year, entry-level contract, beginning with the 2019-20 season. At the NHL level, Luostarinen will be paid $750,000 in 2019-20 and $832,500 in 2020-21 and 2021-22. The deal pays him $70,000 annually at the AHL level and he receives a signing bonus of $277,500.
"Eetu has already played three professional seasons in Finland and managed to increase his production every year," said Waddell. "We're excited to see what he can bring to our organization."
Luostarinen, 20, registered 36 points (15g, 21a) in 54 Liiga games with KalPa in 2018-19. Among his teammates, Luostarinen ranked tied for first in goals in second in points. The 6'3", 178-pound forward also finished tied for second among all Liiga skaters in game-winning goals (7). Luostarinen played in four games for Finland in the 2019 IIHF World Championship, helping his home country win gold for the first time since 2011. He has posted 63 points (24g, 39a) in 141 career regular-season Liiga games for KalPa from 2016-19, and he has added six points (2g, 4a) in 23 career playoff games. The Siilinjarvi, Finland, native was drafted by the Hurricanes in the second round, 42nd overall, of the 2017 NHL Draft.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Sweeeeet. Curious to see his skating over here. I’ve seen one goal where he looks good, but all the other bits I’ve seen he’s a little awkward and in the “not bad for a bigger fella” category.

They took their time with him so far so I’m not expecting him for the big team this year, but I’m glad we’ve got him on board.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The Monastic confirmed as nick.

Eetu expects to get onto ice in 6-8 weeks. That's probably not optimal as the camps are concerned.

Eetu Luostarinen home in the midst of the races - now in the hills of her happiness:
Monday 27.05.2019 at 22:57 (edited on 27.05.2019 at 23:05)
In Kosice, an injured attacker got his gold medal and was able to raise the World Cup trophy.
Video: See how the Lions came to Finland. Did we see the air stroke?
Lions striker Eetu Luostarinen was injured in the early series against the UK. Luostarinen, who got a knee injury, ended up in it and traveled back to Finland.
On Monday, Luostarinen arrived at the Helsinki-Vantaa Business Park Terminal to receive teammates who returned to Finland as world champions.
The World Champion is also Luostarinen, and he got his gold medal on his neck as soon as the team left the aircraft. Lion Captain Marko Anttila threw a gold medal at the neck of Luostarinen and gave him the World Cup trophy to raise to the top.
The story continues after the picture.

b3eb584a34429c58d65804b8065be69c0290fbfa09d5ca505b67fbc5321090eb.jpg

Eetu Luostarinen was able to raise the World Cup in Helsinki-Vantaa after the world champions arrived in Finland.Eetu Luostarinen was able to raise the World Cup in Helsinki-Vantaa after the world champions arrived in Finland.
Eetu Luostarinen was able to raise the World Cup in Helsinki-Vantaa after the world champions arrived in Finland. JUSSI ESKOLA
- It was an awesome feeling to get in the arm and a surprisingly heavy medal on the neck. That saw our team spirit. The remnants did not forget, Luostarinen said.
The monastic moved on the elbow.
- I'll survive the championship, even though we're on the border. If there is a need, Anttila takes a piggyback, Luostarinen said.
Luostarinen followed the World Cup in Kuopio with his friends from KalPa.
- It is rarely true that I was thrilled by a damn. The last five minutes of the game took a long time, Luostarinen said.
The right knee of the monastery may be restored without an operation.
- The knee deflected in the UK match, but it is starting to be a bit better now. If everything goes well, I can get to the ice in 6-8 weeks.

Eetu Luostarinen kotiin kesken kisojen – nyt onnensa kukkuloilla: ”Jätkät eivät unohtaneet mua” (fun video of Eetu being presented the medal and the cup included)

Last edited:

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Sweeeeet. Curious to see his skating over here. I’ve seen one goal where he looks good, but all the other bits I’ve seen he’s a little awkward and in the “not bad for a bigger fella” category.

They took their time with him so far so I’m not expecting him for the big team this year, but I’m glad we’ve got him on board.
I think he's skating is fine. Edgework is nothing special but speed is there. I believe he could be NHL level player soon as next season.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Eetu Luostarinen - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

The ****er got the European Assignment clause, maybe for the whole duration of the contract. If he is to be Loaned to Charlotte (=doesn't make the Canes roster), he has the OPTION to insist being loaned back to Europe instead of AHL. Kalpa most likely, because of the existing contract for 19-20 with them.

Do note it is an OPTION, it doesn't necessarily mean he will ditch back to Finland. It may not be even about Charlotte, which is not a bad place to get developed in, but a safeguard in case he got traded to a team with a crappy AHL affiliate.

Caveat: I said all this about Kristian Vesalainen too last year, and that dickwad burned me bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad