Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 4 - The Russian Machine Breaks Down - Bruins lead series 3-1

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
Spoiler alert Blues were a mediocre team when we met in the finals. We just totally blew it. Not beaten by a better team.

The Blues were better team then than today. Tarasenko and Schwarz were in fit and defence had size and mobility. Goaltending was lucky shot and in Binnington I see similar things with Antti Niemi who won the cup with Blackhawks. Mediocre goalie whi needs luck and maximum teameffort to survive.

But i agree that Bruins were far more better team than Blues. Blues just had all the pieces snapped together with perfect timing.

Reactions: Gordoff

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

tumblr_m44k4tgDhF1qlfwzk.gif

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
George Parros is an idiot. Run some Caps high and late. Tired of this war of attrition bullshit in playoffs. In Vancouver they took out Horton with a cheap shot, but at least paid for it. In STl they took out Gryz and then Berube whined about reffing so they not only got a pass but they were able to continue their headhunting.

Last night the Caps get dominated so Orlov goes high and late on Miller followed by Mantha elbowing Rask in the head.

Run Mantha and Orlov’s heads through the glass on Sunday. Tell them it’s courtesy of George Parros. Tired of being the nail on cheap shot head injuries. Time to be the hammer and play the game the way Bettman and Parros require. I wish those two buffoons could be held personally liable.

God that pisses me off.

aguineapig

Tinordi for me please if Lauzon can't go. Drove 17 hrs. to get here from Nashville and stood toe to toe against the Wilson in his first game. Remember Capt. Bergy skating over to the box for the stick tap after the B's scored whilst he was in the box? He looked pretty darn good in the P-Bruins season finale against these same Caps. Don't think he likes 'em much. Urho did OK up here but according to some of our Providence watchers here he was in the running for the Sulkey Trophy down there. It's going to be all out war in the elimination game for the Caps, we need the Tin Man's heart for the battle. Besides we owe him the gas money for the drive up here.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
The only true leader on that team is Chara, but likely not enough to move the needle for the Caps given his short tenure there. A true leader and captain does not publicly ream a teammate and not sure something like that can be remedied quick enough to roll 3 consecutive wins for them.
Right , especially the goalie !

Reactions: badbrewin

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Maybe this point has been made and I’ve missed it, but if Orlov doesn’t leave his feet there Miller probably falls more on his ass. Leaving your feet is dangerous for multiple reasons and in this situation it created leverage for Orlov that led to Miller falling with more force causing the back of his head to hit the ice.

Hearing the talking heads acknowledge he left his feet but downplay it is pissing me off. If Orlov stays on his feet Miller doesn’t smack his head on the ice, it’s as simple as that. It’s why leaving your feet is dangerous and it should have been a major.

Exactly. With the resulting injury, it should have been charging with a major penalty. Washington players, like Blues players, explode high into hits to hurt - but Orlov isn't typically one of those.

Reactions: BMC

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
As a fan of physical hockey, I actually had a modicum of respect for the Capitals after the first three games. They played a heavy game, and no B's players ended up in the hospital.

But as tonight's game (and the series) began slipping away, what's the old saying - a leopard never changes its spots.

As airtight as the series has been, the B's are emerging as the better team, especially 5X5. I had hoped after the Tim Peel dismissal, we wouldn't have to hear about "game management" any longer. But how else do you explain the B's dominating the game yet being so penalized? It almost feels like "series management," too.

Loved how Eddie O kept bleating on about how the Caps need to change things up on their PP and move Ovechkin from the wing; then minutes later Ovechkin scored from the wing. But seriously, this NBC crew can't stop talking about the Caps.

Well said. Also, NBC showed its feelings towards the Bruins last postseason via commentary. It was disgraceful.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Good observation. Can't argue much with this.
However, most high, late, dangerous hits (like most high sticking infractions) aren't necessarily with intent. They do penalize on recklessness in this era. It was a reckless play by Orlov. The severity came from Orlov's reckless approach to contact.

Also, I think if Miller stays down and they use the stretcher, I think Orlov gets 5 and a game.

The refs are only human, but I think they gave Orlov a break for a reckless play.

Yes very good points...

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

No mention of Zboril? I know they were managing Vaak's games for the expansion draft, but didn't think he'd fall below Tinordi.

Also, Parros is a piece of garbage human being. Fining Mantha for bumping Rask (which I obviously didn't like) but nothing for Orlov for sending Miller to the hospital with a head injury is disgusting. Actually, I take that back, he's less than human. He has no value for the human race.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

If Brando could do this more often I'd be excited. There are many instances in this series where he completely ignored giving a hit. Avoiding giving them actually. He's gotta play harder like that more often.

The message for game 5 is simple. Win.
Win for Killer. Knock Orlov on his ass every chance you get. Go after Mantha. Go after Oshie. Hit Ovi more. Make Wilson frustrated. Tinner will step in nicely. It's on the boys to get the Win. The can do it.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
No mention of Zboril? I know they were managing Vaak's games for the expansion draft, but didn't think he'd fall below Tinordi.

Also, Parros is a piece of garbage human being. Fining Mantha for bumping Rask (which I obviously didn't like) but nothing for Orlov for sending Miller to the hospital with a head injury is disgusting. Actually, I take that back, he's less than human. He has no value for the human race.

Parros was a terrible, useless player and even worse in his current role. Laughable selection by the NHL for DoPS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad