Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 4 - The Russian Machine Breaks Down - Bruins lead series 3-1

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Our old buddy Berube in StLouis is crying about officiating today.The NHL needs to start dealing with this and now.Boston dominated that game and had 7 penalty kills.That is just wrong.

To be fair a good amount of the bruins penalties were actually penalties.

1. Coyle made a lazy play and was a clear trip
2. Bergy delay of game
3. Carlo coming off the ice when he shouldn’t have for a misconduct(bruins actually lucky that he wasn’t thrown out of the game because that’s how the rule is written)
4. too many men on the ice
5. Jake debrusk slash was actually a slash
6. Coyle delay of game

Only one that I disagree with was the Marchand interference. However the 6 other penalties that lead to a Washington power play were without a doubt penalties.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

2. Bergy delay of game
3. Carlo coming off the ice when he shouldn’t have for a misconduct(bruins actually lucky that he wasn’t thrown out of the game because that’s how the rule is written)
6. Coyle delay of game

Only one that I disagree with was the Marchand interference. However the 6 other penalties that lead to a Washington power play were without a doubt penalties.

The slash was extremely soft for the playoffs considering what was being allowed as well. And well, the Marchand one was simply disgraceful.

The main point is it's what goes uncalled against the team being dominated to allow for a closer game. The hit one Miller has to be a major.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The slash was extremely soft for the playoffs considering what was being allowed as well. And well, the Marchand one was simply disgraceful.

The main point is it's what goes uncalled against the team being dominated to allow for a closer game. The hit one Miller has to be a major.

1. The game was 0-0 at the time of the hit so idk how the main point can be what goes uncalled against a team being dominated.

2. the Miller hit was originally called a major and then brought back down to a minor because replay showed it wasn’t a hit to the head.

Also idk how you can say “for what was being allowed” when Hathaway got a roughing penalty for that soft call on Bergeron.

Bruins benefitted from that and Carlo not getting kicked out for the unsportsmanlike conduct, which by rule of coming off the bench he should have been kicked out.

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
No mention of Zboril? I know they were managing Vaak's games for the expansion draft, but didn't think he'd fall below Tinordi.

Also, Parros is a piece of garbage human being. Fining Mantha for bumping Rask (which I obviously didn't like) but nothing for Orlov for sending Miller to the hospital with a head injury is disgusting. Actually, I take that back, he's less than human. He has no value for the human race.
I thought Zboril was injured?

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Maybe this point has been made and I’ve missed it, but if Orlov doesn’t leave his feet there Miller probably falls more on his ass. Leaving your feet is dangerous for multiple reasons and in this situation it created leverage for Orlov that led to Miller falling with more force causing the back of his head to hit the ice.

Hearing the talking heads acknowledge he left his feet but downplay it is pissing me off. If Orlov stays on his feet Miller doesn’t smack his head on the ice, it’s as simple as that. It’s why leaving your feet is dangerous and it should have been a major.

Excellent points.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
yes he left his feet, but leaving your feet on a hit isn’t automatically a major penalty. It can be a minor penalty or a major penalty

I don't have the entire rulebook memorized, however a number of penalties resulting in injury are an automatic major or game misconduct.... I believe charging is one such penalty....

The fact they ruled it unsportsmanlike was to deliberately avoid giving a major penalty.

Reactions: Gordoff

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

2. Bergy delay of game
6. Coyle delay of game

The Jake "slash" in the neutral zone should not be a penalty in the playoffs.... or ever imo. That was extremely ticky tacky, and the Marchand call was horrendous.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don't have the entire rulebook memorized, however a number of penalties resulting in injury are an automatic major or game misconduct.... I believe charging is one such penalty....

The fact they ruled it unsportsmanlike was to deliberately avoid giving a major penalty.

No they ruled it unsportsmanlike conduct so they would have the ability to review it. Upon further review they determined it wasn’t unsportsmanlike and he got a roughing and a 2nd minor for roughing in the with coyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad