Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 4 - The Russian Machine Breaks Down - Bruins lead series 3-1

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Total domination. We’ve improved game after game and they’ve got no answer. It’s crazy to think how many odd man rushes we gave up in the first two games compared to the defensive masterclass last night. Beautiful.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
believe Orlov got double minor for the hit, nothing for the scrum.

I though it was the right call. It was late but I didn’t see the head targeted.

I do think Miller was about to slide inside of orlov and the leap was because he was out of position...less of an intent to injure than it was a careless stupid play to take a guy out after you misjudged the angle. He had time to NOT deliver that hit in that manner. That warrants the 4 min. Had he caught head directly then game, suspension, etc.

Good observation. Can't argue much with this.
However, most high, late, dangerous hits (like most high sticking infractions) aren't necessarily with intent. They do penalize on recklessness in this era. It was a reckless play by Orlov. The severity came from Orlov's reckless approach to contact.

Also, I think if Miller stays down and they use the stretcher, I think Orlov gets 5 and a game.

The refs are only human, but I think they gave Orlov a break for a reckless play.

Camille the Eel

Good observation. Can't argue much with this.
However, most high, late, dangerous hits (like most high sticking infractions) aren't necessarily with intent. They do penalize on recklessness in this era. It was a reckless play by Orlov. The severity came from Orlov's reckless approach to contact.

Also, I think if Miller stays down and they use the stretcher, I think Orlov gets 5 and a game.

The refs are only human, but I think they gave Orlov a break for a reckless play.
But no way we should have come out of it with just a two minute power play. It was not the right outcome. Confirm him the major and give us the roughing.

Thank goodness we scored on the power play. The special team battle is tipping the series in our direction.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sucks for Miller, I’d love to see Vaak out there personally. However down 3-1 we will probably need tinordi in there just in case things get out of hand

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I know I’m... listen I love Kevan Miller. And it kills me to see him go down again.

I also don’t see anything wrong with Orlov’s hit. :dunno:

I wouldn’t suspend him. I wouldn’t have given a major. 2 minutes? Sure, okay.

I just think it’s an unfortunate result.

It's high, a bit late, and he leaves his feet. Even if the head isn't principal point of contact, those are all strikes against him on that hit.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
i dont need retribution. I just want to win game 5. if we score first that might be enough to demoralize the Caps. retribution to Mantha and Orlov can come in the regular season next year. win game 5 and get some rest before we play Isles or Penguins.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Ritchie is a very good fighter, much better then Frederic and Tinordi.
Ya not sure why Frederic gets so much fan attention in this thread. He’s strictly an instigator at this point, doesn’t hit much and isn’t a great fighter yet. I think eventually he’ll develop into a power forward but as of today he just flaps his gums after whistles

Reactions: inactive user

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad