Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 3 - Craig Smith wins it in double OT - Bruins lead series 2-1

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
How would Ovi handle it if was called out from the bench every time he screwed up , made a lazy play , got caught flat footed on defense . I've seen it several times

Ovi thinks he can do anything he wants whenever he wants

giphy.gif

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
I mean I can see how that could be an infuriating play to lose like that...

But I've got to tip my cap to Craig Smith. Incredible hustle and alertness. He swooped in and STOLE the game!

It's basically a Havlicek stole the ball kind of moment. Could become a part of Boston lore if the Bruins go on to win it all.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I am actually amazed that someone would choose to watch Felger. Especially on what was a pretty joyous night to this point.

That's kind of like walking out of a beautiful restaurant after a wonderful meal with your mate, seeing a dog turd on the ground and thinking, you know I didn't have desert so I should have a taste
Wanted to hear Amonte and Holley, certainly not Felger. I know what he was going to bring to the table. Amonte is growing on me.

Reactions: Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I mean I can see how that could be an infuriating play to lose like that...

But I've got to tip my cap to Craig Smith. Incredible hustle and alertness. He swooped in and STOLE the game!

It's basically a Havlicek stole the ball kind of moment. Could become a part of Boston lore if the Bruins go on to win it all.
Great analogy.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Do the chewing out in the dressing room. Not on national tv
Everyone keeps saying "national tv" but this thing has most likely (not sure if this qualifies as viral) but I'd call it more like international tv because I'll bet it's been picked up across many news/sports venues? So, back in good 'ol Russia Samsonov's family etc all heard it.
The thing that I hate about Ovechkin is that he's a bully. When Lauzon gave it to him the other night he didn't know what to do. He looked confused like "do you know who I am, how dare you" and then I thought he was going to cry lol. He's on his last legs and from the look on his face and the way he's been sucking air (like in his interview) he knows it. He's a guy that expects it to come to him, he's been accused of being lazy etc but beyond that he's got an aura of entitlement IMO.
By saying whatever he said, no matter how it's justified it had to have really hurt the goalie and his family etc.
JMHO but I'll bet if Samsonov stood up to him in any form (verbal) he Ovie would find a way to bully him, here or in Russia later.
Samsonov seems to be a really good goaltender. He'll be in the league when fat-head Ovie is retired, but I'll bet no matter how long his career lasts he'll never forget this.

BTW: I've watched the pre-game skate when the 2 Craps hit Z. It really is very suspicious that that happened by chance. Prior to every game, add on practices etc etc etc since they were very young they skate around like this. It rarely if ever happens even to rank amateurs.
Chara probably had a word with some of them in the past and they probably PROBABLY didn't like him telling them how to present themselves in a sportsman like manner.
There is something rotten on that team, in that Caps culture.
Again this is all JMHO.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Everyone keeps saying "national tv" but this thing has most likely (not sure if this qualifies as viral) but I'd call it more like international tv because I'll bet it's been picked up across many news/sports venues? So, back in good 'ol Russia Samsonov's family etc all heard it.
The thing that I hate about Ovechkin is that he's a bully. When Lauzon gave it to him the other night he didn't know what to do. He looked confused like "do you know who I am, how dare you" and then I thought he was going to cry lol. He's on his last legs and from the look on his face and the way he's been sucking air (like in his interview) he knows it. He's a guy that expects it to come to him, he's been accused of being lazy etc but beyond that he's got an aura of entitlement IMO.
By saying whatever he said, no matter how it's justified it had to have really hurt the goalie and his family etc.
JMHO but I'll bet if Samsonov stood up to him in any form (verbal) he Ovie would find a way to bully him, here or in Russia later.
Samsonov seems to be a really good goaltender. He'll be in the league when fat-head Ovie is retired, but I'll bet no matter how long his career lasts he'll never forget this.

BTW: I've watched the pre-game skate when the 2 Craps hit Z. It really is very suspicious that that happened by chance. Prior to every game, add on practices etc etc etc since they were very young they skate around like this. It rarely if ever happens even to rank amateurs.
Chara probably had a word with some of the in the past and they probably PROBABLY didn't like him telling them how to present themselves in a sportsman like manner. There is something rotten on that team, in that Caps culture.
Again this is all JMHO.
Good post, and dead-on, @Gordoff.

That’s clique-y type of behavior is what you normally find on teams full of children. Too bad some of those guys on Washington never outgrew that. A house divided against itself cannot stand, and hopefully the Bruins can exploit that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent86 and Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Chara probably had a word with some of them in the past and they probably PROBABLY didn't like him telling them how to present themselves in a sportsman like manner.
There is something rotten on that team, in that Caps culture.
Again this is all JMHO.

Is there any video of that incident?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad