Post-Game Talk: Edmundson scars and scores! Habs avenge Armia 5-2!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Did someone said if you want to apologize, buy a dog! :laugh::laugh:

He’s had some pretty hilarious excuses over the years. I don’t think he deserved the chance to fix his mistakes, but he’s getting it whether anyone likes it or not so I’m giving him a chance. I don’t like the length of some of the contracts we have moving forward, but he’s done a solid job for the most part the last 2-3 years.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Exactly we settled for suzuki, it wasn't some master acquisition by a guy playing 4D chess. Scouts said he was a good choice as a project to help us shore up our centre ice problems. Phoeling was rated higher at the time, some even questioned why we took Suz instead of a good roster player.

I know every scouting system misses out on some guys but how was Suzuki's through the roof IQ, not given a proper consideration by Vegas when they chose to hold on to Glass instead of Suzuki?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I know every scouting system misses out on some guys but how was Suzuki's through the roof IQ, not given a proper consideration by Vegas when they chose to hold on to Glass instead of Suzuki?

In fairness, Glass does seem like he’s going to be a good player. Maybe not put up Suzuki’s numbers, but he has pretty good all-round skills and of course, has the much coveted 6’+ frame...

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
He’s had some pretty hilarious excuses over the years. I don’t think he deserved the chance to fix his mistakes, but he’s getting it whether anyone likes it or not so I’m giving him a chance. I don’t like the length of some of the contracts we have moving forward, but he’s done a solid job for the most part the last 2-3 years.
Pas d'excuses

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

In all fairness, he didn't have his record playoff performance yet at that point, where he single-handedly took control of a series and also helped them with the Memorial Cup afterwards.

Had this taken place the year before the trade, I doubt Suzuki is the one included in the trade.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
In all fairness, he didn't have his record playoff performance yet at that point, where he single-handedly took control of a series and also helped them with the Memorial Cup afterwards.

Had this taken place the year before the trade, I doubt Suzuki is the one included in the trade.
So true how many young players would have been drafted higher or kept in an organization with even just 1 more year of evaluation time. The toughest part of scouting has to be understanding who has peaked and who hasn't. Both mentally and physically as it applies to hockey.

Reactions: Runner77

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah they did...
Not sure what Juulsen has to do with it he is no longer a Hab.
He was a right-handed d that was better than fleury playing rd who routinely got walked. Him being a right handed shot didn’t help prevent this from happening.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
In fairness, Glass does seem like he’s going to be a good player. Maybe not put up Suzuki’s numbers, but he has pretty good all-round skills and of course, has the much coveted 6’+ frame...
Yup - and recall how unimpressive Suzuki was in his first Habs training camp & WJC...at that point many were clamoring (including media) would’ve been good for the Habs to have acquired Glass instead.

Memorial Cup run was the changing point - put his skills + IQ on display

Reactions: sandviper

Jul 6, 2016
Lehkonen takes way too much crap on this board IMO. Sure we would all like to see him put up more points but he brings a lot to this Habs team and is a very underappreciated player around here for all the little things he brings to this Habs team.

Right. You absolutely need players like Lehkonen on your bottom-six. Very reliable

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
We never made the playoff stop with this nonsense
:huh:

YFIeoer.png

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
we did not "make it", the league changed the rules to includes the Habs (and other teams), come on now...

Coincidentally, that's when Bergevin's "reset" also ended. Although, it was a nice feeling this past off season to see so many UFAs sign with the Habs -- it took a frozen cap and a pandemic to have access to so many players that would have normally signed elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad