Post-Game Talk: Edmundson scars and scores! Habs avenge Armia 5-2!

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
i had canceled my nhl subscription after the subban trade and said i wont watch a single habs game until bergevin is out. i came back lurking last year during the play-ins and got the nhl tv for this season. i have to admit bergevin did great job last few years accumulating talent and even subban trade ended up as a good move which i never thought was ever possible. this team looks very promising now and im willing to forgive him everything if the habs become a competitive team next 3-4 years.
According to some you owe Bergevin an apology. Write him a nice letter saying how sorry you are ;)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Very happy with the early returns and even happier with how the different lines are contributing. Also, the long awaited better asset mix of size and talent has finally arrived. Who knew it would pay dividends? Well, so far so good.
Oh Runner, it’s so fun to watch them....we are dictating the pace, scoring, we get cheap shotted, we can answer the bell, we have size, mobility, skill, speed, SC experience, a f***in good back up goaltender.......we have kids climbing the charts, prospects galore, picks galore.....we can run you over or out skate you.....it’s just a real pleasure to watch this team and feel some type of pride :)

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
coming here and challenging (not talking about you) anyone you disagree with agressively, calling B.S. all the time, trying to act tough (lol), that's a Bruins fan thing, and it's stupid.

on a side note, the justice thing is a relic of the 70's, it will not bring Armia back and it will not stop Myers from playing the way he is.
The left jab Edmundson landed maybe sendt a message : do not abuse our players. It will not bring back Armia but maybe save the next player getting a head injury. The way it was done early left all this behind once it was done (the fight). By chance it did not degenerate after and all this drama is something of the past. But a message have been sendt.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
i had canceled my nhl subscription after the subban trade and said i wont watch a single habs game until bergevin is out. i came back lurking last year during the play-ins and got the nhl tv for this season. i have to admit bergevin did great job last few years accumulating talent and even subban trade ended up as a good move which i never thought was ever possible. this team looks very promising now and im willing to forgive him everything if the habs become a competitive team next 3-4 years.

I'm also shocked Subban regressed the way he did...

He basically fell apart.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The left jab Edmundson landed maybe sendt a message : do not abuse our players. It will not bring back Armia but maybe save the next player getting a head injury. The way it was done early left all this behind once it was done (the fight). By chance it did not degenerate after and all this drama is something of the past. But a message have been sendt.
we tought the same of Weber, it will calm opponents down, etc... reality, it did not.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The team handled it with class....not with a retribution cheap shot, Edmundson manhandled Myers, and the rest of the team took care of business with the goal scoring....of course the cherry on top was Edmundson scoring the empty netter :DD

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I'm also shocked Subban regressed the way he did...

He basically fell apart.
It didn’t surprise me, he has great edges but a very heavy laboured stride, not effortless and fluid so I had a feeling he would get slower as he aged. Also when you are that involved into off ice interests even when you are on the ice, you lose the focus and the dedication it takes to succeed at the highest level.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
John Ferguson and Chris Nilan were Habs players and applyed proper hockey justice as you say. In my book it's not a "bruins thing" but an Habs thing also.

For all gm department, the person accountable is Jeff Molson. But he's a really nice guy, it's hard to be angry about him. MB is the "bashing magnet" or target.
I guess you missed the many post saying that ultimately this on Molson for not firing MB, that has been a theme since subban got traded.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
It didn’t surprise me, he has great edges but a very heavy laboured stride, not effortless and fluid so I had a feeling he would get slower as he aged. Also when you are that involved into off ice interests even when you are on the ice, you lose the focus and the dedication it takes to succeed at the highest level.

Fair points.

I do wonder...... if he was never traded, and was still in the Montreal spotlight... would he have regressed so hard, so quickly?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Fair points.

I do wonder...... if he was never traded, and was still in the Montreal spotlight... would he have regressed so hard, so quickly?
Who knows, he was a god in MTL so not sure if that would have worked out better or if everyone would have turned on him last couple years.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Was I one of those posters last night?

No.

LG said we would never win "anything" (implying we wouldn't even win a playoff round again) with the same GM.

Considering the offseason he had I think that's a risky statement to make.

I also think it's a bit hypocritical for people who made strong statements like that not to advertise what their opinions were on this roster in Oct, Nov and Dec upon "enjoying" the wins here on HF.

Kudos to the guy in the Edmundson thread who quoted himself from months ago.
I didn't say you were one of the people last night and if I implied that then I apologize.

As far as enjoying the wins and the hypocritical part, I don't know if you mean me, you certainly could, it's all good. I have been here for 12 years and said a lot of things, heck I can't even remember things I said here yesterday. I do know that fans of the Montreal Canadiens have been through some very frustrating times and what happened in this off-season is unlike anything that Bergevin has accomplished during his tenure and the team is better because of it.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I guess you missed the many post saying that ultimately this on Molson for not firing MB, that has been a theme since subban got traded.
I know that but I see more MB bashing. Maybe for good reasons but now we have to beleive in our team and stop being negative and angry. Ring out the past as George Harrison would say in his song Ding Dong Ding Dong. I won't paste the link of the video but a video of this bad song exist. Don't watch that video, for your own sake.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I know that but I see more MB bashing. Maybe for good reasons but now we have to beleive in our team and stop being negative and angry. Ring out the past as George Harrison would say in his song Ding Dong Ding Dong. I won't paste the link of the video but a video of this bad song exist. Don't watch that video, for your own sake.
well now that mentionned it, you kind of HAVE to post a link you know... ;)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He has to make mistakes in order to get better, all D men do on their way to becoming established players. The one thing that is refreshing this season is that Romanov and other young players are making mistakes without being demoted or being stapled to the bench because of it. This is the way that you successfully establish a good young core.

I'd like to see him making them on the LD. :rolleyes:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I didn't say you were one of the people last night and if I implied that then I apologize.

As far as enjoying the wins and the hypocritical part, I don't know if you mean me, you certainly could, it's all good. I have been here for 12 years and said a lot of things, heck I can't even remember things I said here yesterday. I do know that fans of the Montreal Canadiens have been through some very frustrating times and what happened in this off-season is unlike anything that Bergevin has accomplished during his tenure and the team is better because of it.

Didn't mean 'you', the audience I referred to there were the hard-nosed skeptics AFTER mid October. A very fair portion of hard critics acknowledged the team's "new" potential but some did not... guess I just wish those guys gave the new roster a chance back then. Bergevin is a necessary evil, he's "our" obstacle to success but I don't think he's a legit reason for a no-hope attitude. Which again wasn't you, but was certainly seen around here between mid Oct and last week. Hard skeptics need not to apologize, but rather 'recognize'.

Bergevin admitted to getting lucky with Suzuki and Romanov on 5 à 7 two weeks ago... I'm just here for the ride. Seems the guys are trying to set the cruise control at 80 mph.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
kH7iSkF.png

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You just wish to complain.

No one would complain if he added offense like Toffoli to lineup and players he drafted like Evans/Romanov actually had NHL success.

In the past he would add someone like Perry and call it an offseason offensively.

Reactions: MasterD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad