GDT: Edmonton @ Washington: Battle of the McLastnames | 2/2/22 | 7:00p ET

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Their issues are PP and goaltending. Even without their top 3 wingers tonight they outplayed Edmonton at 5v5. Fire Forsythe into the sun and trade for Fleury.

Wouldn't do any good. Sure, Flower at this point doesn't need a coach, however if he followed this crew, he gets wrecked.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

lotty83

Jan 20, 2022
Their issues are PP and goaltending. Even without their top 3 wingers tonight they outplayed Edmonton at 5v5. Fire Forsythe into the sun and trade for Fleury.

You’re right.
Can’t wait for GMBM to “hold the line” and do nothing at the deadline.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Hoping that with a five-day break, this loss weighs on the guys and even moreso on ownership and management. There's only so much the players can do if they don't have proper coaching and support in the way of the right players for their respective roles. If nothing changes before the month is out, it'll be typical Abe/Ted inertia/risk-avoidance. Get into the playoffs and milk the fans for as long as you can. Silicon Valley, right? Fake it 'til you make it.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well nothing we can do but hope they wake up during the break. It get's old saying this every year outside of 2018.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
PK has also been brutal lately and that’s not all goaltending. In the last 2 games they’ve given up 4 PP goals, 2 SH goals, and gone shotless on 3 of their 5 PP’s. It’s actually a miracle that they got 2 points out of those games. Have to think the statistical odds of that happening is almost zero.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Ugly way to enter the AS break.

This GM and this coach better figure some stuff out. This is a train to nowhere.

Reactions: Corby78

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
lol the wizards won
Dinwiddie triple double?!?!

This Caps team is pretty damn dumb and, again, seemingly by design. There's just a basic clunky-ness about them. Some physicality, some talent but it's so jagged and ragged. A double-edged kind of thing.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I am guessing certain people will lecture that since the Caps are missing Oshie and Ovie we are all over reacting that their PP was a liability….

and I’m guessing we’ll gloss right over the 3 goal lead spotted in 5 mins, to hulk rage on Forsythe and Lavi lol?

everyone knows the PP is a liability.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Also, mark me down as Officially Concerned about not Backstrom but Carlson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad