Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
honestly clicked on it thinking it would be a trade involving mcdavid. i'm even more horrified now

In a cap world a McDavid trade is impossible. Edmonton would want the world And the world would not fit under the cap .

McDavid cost would be 1c + 1D + top 6 winger + top prospect + 2 1st .

I am an Oiler fan and wouldn’t offer up that for MCDavid but if he was being traded Holland would make it known to all teams and ask for a ridiculous return .

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
In a cap world a McDavid trade is impossible. Edmonton would want the world And the world would not fit under the cap .

I am an Oiler fan and wouldn’t offer up that for MCDavid but if he was being traded Holland would make it known to all teams and ask for a ridiculous return .
We all know that if McDavid gets traded the return is going to be underwhelming. Nobody is going to give up an entire core just for one player no matter how good because you then need to redraft an entire core around him.

This logic goes with any elite superstar being traded, at least in my opinion.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We all know that if McDavid gets traded the return is going to be underwhelming. Nobody is going to give up an entire core just for one player no matter how good because you then need to redraft an entire core around him.

This logic goes with any elite superstar being traded, at least in my opinion.
If Connor was available (which he’s clearly not) several teams would offer up a lot to get him.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If Connor was available (which he’s clearly not) several teams would offer up a lot to get him.
I don't think anyone in their right mind trades an NHL proven top flight center, defenseman, goalie + picks and blue chips for McDavid.

It completely negates the reason for trading for him to begin with. Maybe that's just me, cause I sure wouldn't.

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
upload_2020-10-28_18-32-58.jpeg

C'mon hf boards play like stallone and lock this bad boy upppp!!

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I don't think anyone in their right mind trades an NHL proven top flight center, defenseman, goalie + picks and blue chips for McDavid.

It completely negates the reason for trading for him to begin with. Maybe that's just me, cause I sure wouldn't.

I guess it depends on the teams prospect depth and location. LA or NY might pay up as they have excellent prospect depth. Obviously this type move only happens if McDavid wants out.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I guess it depends on the teams prospect depth and location. LA or NY might pay up as they have excellent prospect depth. Obviously this type move only happens if McDavid wants out.
I guess I can concede that if you trade someone like McDavid you'd probably be looking for mostly futures, but the cost is really not even worth considering unless said player is adamant they want out as it puts the team in a bind.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

then there's reality....say McD was offered to Carolina, then the ask, as long as it was cap compliant, would be something like Teravainen, one of Slavin/Pesce, there's your close to $10 mil right there, then a prospect and a good one like Suzuki or Geekie and 1st rounder as Carolina would be asked to sacrifice their 1st rounder as part of the deal to get McD, a guy who could lead them to a cup championship on a team as sound offensively and defensively as the Canes ! that would be a more realistic ask in the cap world ! o_O

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
We all know the Anti-Maple Leaf agenda on this forum but this so ridiculously favours Edmonton that anyone suggesting otherwise isn't even funny.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
This is awful. Not a chance from the Leafs. Larsson is garbage, Neal is washed up and a 1st doesn’t mean much to us. Can’t pass on this enough.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

A Team like CBJ may . A goalie , Jones , PLD ++ . Rumours were the Jackets want to move a goalie and the are deep on D . TheY upgrade big time on PLD . The question would be the pluses

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Just Wow...

Toronto gets ROBBED in this...and yet despite that, this trade still doesn’t make sense for Edmonton

you have to be some sort of sorcerer to create that kind of perfect storm

Reactions: TFHockey

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Larson might be a viable replacement for Holl...
upload_2020-10-29_7-29-31.png

....uhhh...nevermind

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

You could probably add about 15MM in cash to that

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
A Team like CBJ may . A goalie , Jones , PLD ++ . Rumours were the Jackets want to move a goalie and the are deep on D . TheY upgrade big time on PLD . The question would be the pluses
I still think CBJ is a worse team for making that trade.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Fans on here always seem to forget that after you make a trade there's no rule that says you can't make a subsequent trade to fill other holes, free up cap space, etc.

Yes this trade doesn't work for Edmonton from a cap perspective, but obviously if this were ever offered that would be a non factor. The value of the assets coming from Toronto are much, much higher than the ones coming from Edmonton so no sane GM would turn that down. They can turn around the next day and trade somebody else and still come out way ahead in this.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mar 26, 2010
Both Larsson and Neal are hot garbage. Larsson is not even an NHL D man at this point.

Nylander is worth way more on his own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad