Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
As a few others would have already indicated... the trade favors the Oilers but there is now way they could fit it under the current cap. Not sure we could find other teams to take the assets would we need to off load in order to clear the necessary cap space.

You could add a lottery protected 1st to the deal as the cost of having to move salary and you'd still be coming out way ahead.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
wholly cow is this ever bad.....Oilers don't have a realistic piece to move for Nylander....let alone the rest.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
This whole package isn't even worth Nylander let alone adding Dermott and Andersen.

Take out Dermott Nylander Larsson and Neal, then it's a fair deal.

Reactions: Advanced stats

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Nylander/ Marner / Andersen for McDavid / 1st / some bullshit is a bad trade for Edmonton.

But it's closer than Nylander / Andersen for 1st / nothing else of value lol

chuuute

Jul 19, 2017
I think OP is predicting that the 1st will be a lottery pick as the Oilers would be so far over the cap that the NHL would force them to forfeit the season. Still a bad deal for the Leafs.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The cap says no before Edmonton gets to the phone .

I would imagine even with lots of clubs tight on cap we could easily move Andersen since his actual salary owed is only a million. If a team like Ottawa, Detroit, Carolina were interested I think a 2nd and b prospect is reasonable.

I don’t believe there’s a deal to be made here but if we could workout the 3 headed goalie monster this creates it’s a no brainer.

Reactions: McSuper

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Edmonton

Nylander
Andersen
Dermott

Toronto

Neal @ 3.75 mil
Larsson
1st

Who says no?