Proposal: Edmonton - Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Well right off I can see right off that the Oilers can't take that much salary on, and adding Andersen leaves them with three goaltenders.

Retaining on Neal is also a bitter pill to swallow, even though the Oilers are getting the best player in Nylander.

Reactions: Luckylarry

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I think the value is slanted enough that if you're Holland you take it and figure the cap out.

Worst case scenario you give up Andersen for virtually free and I'd personally give up Neal with retention, Larsson and the 1st for Nylander alone assuming they play next season and there's not a league wide lottery for the top picks.

Wes9310

Oct 25, 2020
Leafs gotta say

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    877 KB · Views: 10

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
As a few others would have already indicated... the trade favors the Oilers but there is now way they could fit it under the current cap. Not sure we could find other teams to take the assets would we need to off load in order to clear the necessary cap space.

Reactions: nturn06

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so leafs give up the two most valuable assets AND have to take back a cap dump....

but they get Larsson to compete with Holl, Lehtonen and Bogosian for ice time on the right side 2nd/3rd pair....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad