OT: Edmonton Rush

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
Great game. I watched the YouTube stream which was pretty sweet considering these matches aren't televised often. The Rush defense and goaltending are dominant. The Rock only had 2 goals in the second half over a 20+ minute span. 13-0 is amazing!

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Sweeeeeeet. Edmontonians have to wake up and get behind this team. Stop b----ing about the Oilers and follow a team that is actually good and well run.

Rush Rule:yo:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I agree. Seems bush league to me. The sport can't stand up on it's own for excitement without the music? I won't go to another game as long as they play music during the play.

That's a bush league excuse.

Give me a break pal.

They play music and drum beats at basketball games, does that scare you away too?

Enjoy your golf and lawn bowling.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I think the college corner/cheap beer nights would be a bad idea. The cheap beer night promo would never happen to begin with. Second. Look at the college corner at the Eskimo games. Damn near every Eskimos game i've been too there is always fights and cops and security guards breaking up the drunks because one guy took a quick look at the other guys hot gf. I just watched a bunch of drunks get kicked out of the Rush game against Vancouver a couple weeks ago. You want a college corner? Not gonna happen.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I agree. Seems bush league to me. The sport can't stand up on it's own for excitement without the music? I won't go to another game as long as they play music during the play.

well, that's your perogative, but it seems to be petty reason to dislike a team/sport.

You know what is bush league? Icing an AHL team in the NHL and charging above average NHL ticket prices. Actually, that's last chance, highway robbery.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I dont buy that at all. I can watch Rush games on my computer screeen just fine.

What's to buy? I don't like watching stuff on my computer screen. I only watch HD programming, on the big screen from a comfy couch, not on a small monitor from a crappy chair?

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
well, that's your perogative, but it seems to be petty reason to dislike a team/sport.

You know what is bush league? Icing an AHL team in the NHL and charging above average NHL ticket prices. Actually, that's last chance, highway robbery.

Yes, it is my prerogative (spelling). I don't think it's a petty reason at all. If I don't like music being played all the time and don't enjoy the atmosphere because of that, it's our choice not to go. And we choose not to go.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Awesome game tonight! Thought Boldy looked a little shaky at the start, but he pulled it together when it counted. They've now clinched 1st in the NLL, and home floor throughout the playoffs.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
holy smokes did the Rush ever get jobbed tonight. A 1 goal lead with 20 seconds left, and possesion of the ball, then a strange too many men call, awards Calgary a penalty shot, they tie it and win in OT. weird.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Second straight game against Calgary they've been screwed by the refs. No idea why they didn't review the Penalty Shot goal, Dickson stepped on the line and reviews are automatic in the last two min. Bold definitely got a piece of the shot, and it's hard to tell exactly where the ball is when Dickson lands, but the overhead would make it very clear.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Second straight game against Calgary they've been screwed by the refs. No idea why they didn't review the Penalty Shot goal, Dickson stepped on the line and reviews are automatic in the last two min. Bold definitely got a piece of the shot, and it's hard to tell exactly where the ball is when Dickson lands, but the overhead would make it very clear.

there were some weird ones. I don't know much about Lacrosse (new fan), but from what I gather, the line changes are kinda like holding in football or interference or roughing in hockey; you can pretty much call it anytime you want. The refs are loose with the line change calls all game, then, with 20 seconds remaining they decide to go by the book, when a penalty shot is automatic? the game was over, the Rush had the ball, and then the ref swiped victory from them.

Is there a lacrosse person that can help me on this one? was that an good call, or a 'I'm gonna be the star of the game' call.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
there were some weird ones. I don't know much about Lacrosse (new fan), but from what I gather, the line changes are kinda like holding in football or interference or roughing in hockey; you can pretty much call it anytime you want. The refs are loose with the line change calls all game, then, with 20 seconds remaining they decide to go by the book, when a penalty shot is automatic? the game was over, the Rush had the ball, and then the ref swiped victory from them.

Is there a lacrosse person that can help me on this one? was that an good call, or a 'I'm gonna be the star of the game' call.

The call of a penalty shot was the right(albeit bizarre) call at the time. That's how it's written in the rule book. The problem is that they didn't review the goal, which should be automatic in the last two minutes. Dickson stepped in the crease for sure.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
The call of a penalty shot was the right(albeit bizarre) call at the time. That's how it's written in the rule book. The problem is that they didn't review the goal, which should be automatic in the last two minutes. Dickson stepped in the crease for sure.

10-4, good buddy.

the penalty shot was definitely the right call. I was questioning making the call, as it was Too many men for about 1/2 a second, which happens pretty much every time they change out.

I don't know, it seemed like a call that is let go most of the time, but this time it was awarded at time that gave a team that about lose a chance win. It seemed like a ref not being able to just let a game ride itself out, which is so typical. They always have to have one last mark on the game. I'd said this for years, (albeat, with hockey), in the last minute or two of a period/game, expect one last call from the ref. He just can let the clock run out. I think it's a subconscious thing.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
10-4, good buddy.

the penalty shot was definitely the right call. I was questioning making the call, as it was Too many men for about 1/2 a second, which happens pretty much every time they change out.

I don't know, it seemed like a call that is let go most of the time, but this time it was awarded at time that gave a team that about lose a chance win. It seemed like a ref not being able to just let a game ride itself out, which is so typical. They always have to have one last mark on the game. I'd said this for years, (albeat, with hockey), in the last minute or two of a period/game, expect one last call from the ref. He just can let the clock run out. I think it's a subconscious thing.

Yeah I went back and watched it again, and it was the right call. It wasn't questionable at all. The one guy went towards the bench but never went off, and another guy jumped on. Just a huge mistake by the team.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
While I desperately want the Rush to win this series, for some reason I'm not too worried. they had some rust from their time off and I'm confident they will win this weekend then win the tie breaker. I'm more worried about the Oil Kings today.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
While I desperately want the Rush to win this series, for some reason I'm not too worried. they had some rust from their time off and I'm confident they will win this weekend then win the tie breaker.

I'll be there tonight and I too am confident that the Rush can overcome both the Roughnecks and having to be part of the dopiest playoff format ever.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
tough loss. the series was lost in the last 22 seconds of the first game. that game was theirs, and they let it slip away.

stupid format

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
tough loss. the series was lost in the last 22 seconds of the first game. that game was theirs, and they let it slip away.

stupid format

Once they got up 11-2 it was all Calgary. The Rush held on and barely one the game, but momentum was clearly in favor of the 'necks. 4 goals in 80 seconds though, that was fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad