Proposal: Edmonton/Montreal/Carolina and Edmonton/Arizona

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are you guys rebuilding or still going for a cup? Honest question not trying to be snarky.

Montreal is not rebuilding with Weber and Price at 30 or over. They're going for a quick reset, which implies going for it as soon as next year.

It also means the GM is going to have to make up for several failed decisions within a short timespan. Not sold on it personally but that's the road they're embarking on.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
EDM makes out like bandit on both trade.

No way CAR trade Lindholm+1st for RNH+2nd

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Are you guys rebuilding or still going for a cup? Honest question not trying to be snarky.

Should be rebuilding, Idiot GM says "re-setting".

Even if Montreal was rebuilding, they wouldn't trade Gallagher for 11th OA.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
The Habs say absolutely not.

You don't address a need for us, and take away our heart and soul player

Habs fan. Love Gallagher.. but i wouldnt pass on a top 11 pick (which probably nets you Veleno) over a guy that (in a perfect world) is a luxury 3rd liner

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
The forward prospects in this year's draft seem rather few. I don't think the 11th pick is getting you much if you are not looking for a defenseman. I mean Barrett Hayton is considered a top 10 pick by some. When is the last time a CHL center that averaged less than a ppg went in the top 15? Really, when did that happen last, because I don't know.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Take out Domi and Hjalmarsson.
One year of OEL isn't worth Klefbom, a top 10 1st, and a conditional. If you think it is, you are undervaluing Klefbom mightily. I'd agree that both adding Domi and Hjalmarsson, but you can't remove them both either. Take out Hammer and its close to fair.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
oilers fans consistently over rate RNH

the guy is a 45-50 point injury prone #2 C he's playing well with McDavid but youre not trading McDavid with RNH.

Whats really going on is chiarelli is goosing up RNH value for trade by pairing him with McDavid, no more no less.

its a smart move by Chiarelli but it doesnt change what RNH really is....an average #2C who was drafted !st overall

on the whole hes pretty comparable to Jordan Staal

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
oilers fans consistently over rate RNH

the guy is a 45-50 point injury prone #2 C he's playing well with McDavid but youre not trading McDavid with RNH.

Whats really going on is chiarelli is goosing up RNH value for trade by pairing him with McDavid, no more no less.

its a smart move by Chiarelli but it doesnt change what RNH really is....an average #2C who was drafted !st overall

on the whole hes pretty comparable to Jordan Staal
Nobody overrates RNH. Tons of people underrate him though.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
i disagree , i see more oiler fans offering him in trades than i do seeing other fans asking for him. he is what he is a 45-50 point second line center whose contract is only now becoming closer to market value. he's still expensive for what he brings. I mean hes right there with Bjugstad, Reinhart, Jordan Staal Zetterberg, Bozak and Brassard, all serviceable 2C's, but nothing special. and yet RNH is paid more than almost all of them. in a cap world where production needs to at least match your productivity, that in my opinion makes him a liability

in real world terms youre paying more for draft position and name recognition , than you are for actual production. That by definition is Overated not Underated. Playing with McDavid will obviously bring his numbers up, but as I say youre not trading McDavid with RNH.

All im saying is at some point a player needs to stand on his own. For all the crap Sam Reinhart gets in Buffalo, where he's routinely called a bust, I have to admit I was shocked when I realized he has as many points as RNH. and yes I know RNH was hurt, but I dont see his being hurt so often as a positive. And trust me most sabres fans DO NOT see me as an advocate for them in the slightest. Im just trying to look at things as objectively as posssible

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad