Proposal: Edmonton/Montreal/Carolina and Edmonton/Arizona

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Jordan Stall sucks, he is almost 30 and 1/10th the player RNH is.
Wait....what? I'm assuming sarcastic canes fan post.

As for the OP, hell no to the Canes using their first to get RNH. Adding Lindy?!? Your high second rounder does nothing to help this.

If Lindy wasn't going to be used at center in the future, I would do Lindy for RNH with a pick thrown in to make up the difference. It won't be a first or high second rounder, the difference isn't that large between them and we're helping you out financially taking the contract.

If the Canes are going to play Lindy at center, I don't know that I would trade him for RNH at all. These players are trending in different directions, no one knows if RNH can undo what's been done in Edm - while Lindy is still improving every year and showing a whole different side to his game at center.

I would stick to the Hanifin or Faulk based talks for the canes to get RNH. If Aho stays at center as well I flat out wouldn't add RNH. I would then be adding better wingers instead of a center.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
There is no chance the Habs give up a 25 year old Gallagher for a draft pick... and let centres get exchanged to both of the other teams in a 3 way deal.

If they give up gallagher and the high second round pick... they would be asking for RNH and no need to get the Canes involved.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
There is no chance the Habs give up a 25 year old Gallagher for a draft pick... and let centres get exchanged to both of the other teams in a 3 way deal.

If they give up gallagher and the high second round pick... they would be asking for RNH and no need to get the Canes involved.

They were not giving up a high second but I’d do that as well, RNH for Gallagher and MTL 2nd

I thought MTL was going for a full rebuild but if it’s a retool this works too

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007

As for the OP, hell no to the Canes using their first to get RNH. Adding Lindy?!? Your high second rounder does nothing to help this.

If Lindy wasn't going to be used at center in the future, I would do Lindy for RNH with a pick thrown in to make up the difference. It won't be a first or high second rounder, the difference isn't that large between them and we're helping you out financially taking the contract.

If the Canes are going to play Lindy at center, I don't know that I would trade him for RNH at all. These players are trending in different directions, no one knows if RNH can undo what's been done in Edm - while Lindy is still improving every year and showing a whole different side to his game at center.

I would stick to the Hanifin or Faulk based talks for the canes to get RNH. If Aho stays at center as well I flat out wouldn't add RNH. I would then be adding better wingers instead of a center.

Undo what RNH has done? Lindy is improving? What a spin job. RNH has outproduced him while facing tougher comp. lindy has to improve a decent amount just to catch up to RNH

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
They were not giving up a high second but I’d do that as well, RNH for Gallagher and MTL 2nd

I thought MTL was going for a full rebuild but if it’s a retool this works too

By 39th, i thought you meant the Hawks pick, which the Habs own.

RNH and Gallagher are both young enough to fit with the rest of the Habs team.

Habs have forwards in galchenyuk, Drouin, Scherbak, Gallagher, Hudon, Lehkonen, Danault, who are all top 9 players and under 25. They have price signed for 8 years. I don't see a full on rebuild coming, more a re-tool... and if the forwards are also under 25, i don't see why that can't be part of it.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Are you guys rebuilding or still going for a cup? Honest question not trying to be snarky.

Have no choice but to retool on the fly because of Carey's contract. One way or the other, Gallagher is at the very bottom of the list of guys who could move and I'd be shocked if Montreal could find someone that brings as much as him at #11

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

Have you been paying attention to Nuge at all this year? He's been great. Don't think the difference between he and Lindholm is dropping 25+ spots in the draft but still, the bolded line is questionable to say the least

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The problem with OEL to Edmonton proposals is 100% of them on HFBoards are proposed by Oilers fans.

If you float 8th overall and Klefbom for just OEL, an Eastern conference team would beat it. What would Buffalo or the Isles be willing to offer, for instance? Especially if the Coyotes are willing to eat 50% of the remainder on OEL's contract to help them reach the cap floor?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
It’s not, I wrote the proposal and I’m gelling you it’s not

Also what are you reading - what would the potential be based on - it’s this year what conditions are you reading?

He said 2 potential firsts. Which there are. Yes the 2018 is guaranteed. The second one isn't. It potentially a first.... but potentially not.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
They're not, really.
RNH is the better player, but it might be a lot closer than you think.

Over their careers, RNH has a little more ice time, is definitely the better goal scorer, is around a 50/55 point player and is a little more fragile.

Lindholm has played more wing, is the more physical player, is around a 40/45 point player and has the worse +/-.

RNH makes $6 million a year, Lindholm less than half of that, $2.7 million.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
The problem with OEL to Edmonton proposals is 100% of them on HFBoards are proposed by Oilers fans.

If you float 8th overall and Klefbom for just OEL, an Eastern conference team would beat it. What would Buffalo or the Isles be willing to offer, for instance? Especially if the Coyotes are willing to eat 50% of the remainder on OEL's contract to help them reach the cap floor?

For a pending ufa? Good luck with that. No one is giving a top ten pick and a top 4 dean signed to a great deal for any pending ufa

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
No way Oilers trade Nuge. Him and McDavid have chemistry and it wouldnt surpise me if he get 75 points next year.
That is certainly plausible. RNH has 11 points in his last 10 while playing with McDavid. He was roughly at career average 0.68ppg (56 points over 82 games) prior to that, mainly without McDavid except on the PP at times.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
RNH is the better player, but it might be a lot closer than you think.

Over their careers, RNH has a little more ice time, is definitely the better goal scorer, is around a 50/55 point player and is a little more fragile.

Lindholm has played more wing, is the more physical player, is around a 40/45 point player and has the worse +/-.

RNH makes $6 million a year, Lindholm less than half of that, $2.7 million.

And what’s the salary difference after he resigns this summer? Bet he gets north of 4m.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
That is certainly plausible. RNH has 11 points in his last 10 while playing with McDavid. He was roughly at career average 0.68ppg (56 points over 82 games) prior to that, mainly without McDavid except on the PP at times.

Nuge has only been on the same PP unit for the last 5 games or so, was always the guy running the 2nd unit. So 40 seconds with the "B Team" of arguably the worst PP in the game.

As for the OP, the value might favour us but I have zero interest in moving Nuge. Once we get a coach with a clue, willing to try Pulju with Nuge and McD, I think we're going to see one hell of a top line. Plus, as a previous poster mentioned, it gives us flexibility should Leon or Connor get injured.

Nuge stays.

Reactions: ivanlwan

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
And what’s the salary difference after he resigns this summer? Bet he gets north of 4m.
Ok, let's say Lindholm gets $4.5m, which I this generous. That's still $1.5 lower than RNH for what 5 to 10 less a season. RNH might increase his point production if he stays with McDavid, but you wouldn't think the same increase would happen if Lindholm played with Jesus?

I'm not saying Nuge sucks, he's a good player. I just don't think his value to Carolina would be worth what was offered. IMO, RNH = Lindholm + low 2nd or high 3rd and I don't even know if I do it because he's missed 40+ games the past 3 seasons. The most important ability is availability.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
Ok, let's say Lindholm gets $4.5m, which I this generous. That's still $1.5 lower than RNH for what 5 to 10 less a season. RNH might increase his point production if he stays with McDavid, but you wouldn't think the same increase would happen if Lindholm played with Jesus?

I'm not saying Nuge sucks, he's a good player. I just don't think his value to Carolina would be worth what was offered. IMO, RNH = Lindholm + low 2nd or high 3rd and I don't even know if I do it because he's missed 40+ games the past 3 seasons. The most important ability is availability.

The point difference while factoring in that rnh goes against the toughs is huge. I don’t think you are giving enough credit to that. If rnh started playing against second or third line competition his numbers would be better. He allows mcd and drai to go up against lesser computing

If the value is off fine but there is a decent difference between the two.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
The point difference while factoring in that rnh goes against the toughs is huge. I don’t think you are giving enough credit to that. If rnh started playing against second or third line competition his numbers would be better. He allows mcd and drai to go up against lesser computing

If the value is off fine but there is a decent difference between the two.
Until recently RNH was going up against 2nd and 3rd lines because he wasn't on a line with McDavid. Also consider that Lindholm has been in Carolina's top 6 since he came into the league (due to the Canes lack of talent), so he's been playing against the opposing team's best as well.

Also consider that Carolina hasn't had the opportunity to draft where Edmonton has, so Lindholm has played with lesser talent than RNH over his career.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
RNH switches to McDavid’s wing and starts piling up points. Lindholm finally gets moved to Center and starts piling up points.

Now the Canes are going to add to the guy succeeding at Center to trade for a guy succeeding on the wing? Sounds like Bizarro world based on Canes needs. I think they would rather roll the dice on Lindholm and look to move Faulk/Hanifin for a more offensive-minded forward.

Reactions: CheMxDawG and ck26

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I don't see the Hurricanes and especially not the Yotes doing this. Habs might, but I'm not sure. Oilers do both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad