Proposal: Edmonton/Montreal/Carolina and Edmonton/Arizona

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
I've learned that if both sides (or all team's involved) of the fan bases hate the deal, then is probably a petty fair trade proposal. Unless it involves Edmonton, if the opposing team clearly wins the trade, that's a Chia deal!

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
First Trade

To CAR
RNH
Edmonton 2nd 2018 (Roughly 39th overall)

To MTL
Carolina 1st 2018 (Roughly 11th overall)

To Edmonton
Lindolhm
Gallagher

Second trade

To ARZ
Klefbom
Edmonton 1st 2018 (roughly 8th overall)
Conditional 1st in 2019 if OEL resigns, 2nd if he dosnt

For

To EDM
OEL
Domi
Hjalmarsson
WOW...please learn hockey.

Reactions: Runner77

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
First Trade

To CAR
RNH

To MTL

To Edmonton
Lindolhm
Gallagher

Second trade

To ARZ
Klefbom

For

To EDM
OEL
Domi
Hjalmarsson
I think you're asking too much from Arizona.

Maybe something around Klef + 2018 1st + 2019 2nd for OEL + Hammer.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
Until recently RNH was going up against 2nd and 3rd lines because he wasn't on a line with McDavid. Also consider that Lindholm has been in Carolina's top 6 since he came into the league (due to the Canes lack of talent), so he's been playing against the opposing team's best as well.

Also consider that Carolina hasn't had the opportunity to draft where Edmonton has, so Lindholm has played with lesser talent than RNH over his career.

Not true rnh was getting the tough assignments on his own.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
RNH switches to McDavid’s wing and starts piling up points. Lindholm finally gets moved to Center and starts piling up points.

Now the Canes are going to add to the guy succeeding at Center to trade for a guy succeeding on the wing? Sounds like Bizarro world based on Canes needs. I think they would rather roll the dice on Lindholm and look to move Faulk/Hanifin for a more offensive-minded forward.

Rnh was putting up more points than lindholm when Centering his own line. On mcd wing he’s obliterating lindholm

Reactions: ivanlwan and ujju2

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
I think you're asking too much from Arizona.

Maybe something around Klef + 2018 1st + 2019 2nd for OEL + Hammer.

For two pending ufa? No chance. I don’t think I’d do that for pretty much any two pending ufa unless I knew they would resign

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
For two pending ufa? No chance. I don’t think I’d do that for pretty much any two pending ufa unless I knew they would resign
Fair point.
Assuming there are reassurances that they'll resign, I don't think it's far off.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Domi = 1st
Hjalmarsson = 2nd

OK, I don't like it but I can follow your logic, it's not crazy. Now then, what's left ...

OEL = Klefbom

giphy.gif
In what world is Domi even close to being worth a likely top 5ish pick?

Reactions: ivanlwan

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
First Trade

To CAR
RNH

To MTL

To Edmonton
Lindolhm
Gallagher

Second trade

To ARZ
Klefbom

For

To EDM
OEL
Domi
Hjalmarsson

I would cut that second trade and rework the whole thing as follow:

Carolina:
Nugent-Hopkins, Ryan
Edmonton's 2018 2nd rd pick - 39th overall
Montreal's 2018 3rd rd pick - 67th overall
Edmonton's 2019 3rd rd pick

Montreal:
Kuokkanen, Janne
Krüger, Marcus (Cap dump)
Carolina 2018 1st - 11th overall
Edmonton's 2018 3rd round pick - 70th overall

Edmonton:
Gallagher, Brendan
Lindholm, Elias
Capitals 2018 2nd rd pick - 56th overall

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Rnh was putting up more points than lindholm when Centering his own line. On mcd wing he’s obliterating lindholm

Last season when RNH was centering his own line, played all 82 games and was on a Playoff team, Lindholm was mainly a winger, played 10 fewer games and had 2 more points.

I'm not denying RNH is the better overall player, but I don't see the difference being worthy of a #10 to #12 overall pick.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
If you look at it, RNH and Lindholm have very similar quality of competition. And if you are such a big supporter of RNH and arguing how great he is, why are you proposing moving him?

Why does anyone trade anyone?

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
Last season when RNH was centering his own line, played all 82 games and was on a Playoff team, Lindholm was mainly a winger, played 10 fewer games and had 2 more points.

I'm not denying RNH is the better overall player, but I don't see the difference being worthy of a #10 to #12 overall pick.

Fair enough just note last year was the worst year of his career

Reactions: ivanlwan

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Why does anyone trade anyone?
I get it, trading is trying to improve your team in one way or another. But you have to consider if the other team would improve as well.

In your OP, Carolina gives up Lindholm and a 1st for RNH and a 2nd. The 2nd is obviously a huge downgrade from let's say the 11th overall pick. And does RNH improve Carolina that much more than Lindholm? Also consider that the extra $2 million RNH is probably costing Carolina limits them that much more.

If RNH was a consistent near PPG player, then I get it, but he hasn't proven to be that while playing with some ultra- skilled players in his career like McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall and maybe you throw in Eberle (who was a good point producer). Carolina has Aho that might be considered in that category and that's it, so RNH would need to do more with less in Raleigh.

Kelevra

Mar 6, 2007
I get it, trading is trying to improve your team in one way or another. But you have to consider if the other team would improve as well.

In your OP, Carolina gives up Lindholm and a 1st for RNH and a 2nd. The 2nd is obviously a huge downgrade from let's say the 11th overall pick. And does RNH improve Carolina that much more than Lindholm? Also consider that the extra $2 million RNH is probably costing Carolina limits them that much more.

If RNH was a consistent near PPG player, then I get it, but he hasn't proven to be that while playing with some ultra- skilled players in his career like McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall and maybe you throw in Eberle (who was a good point producer). Carolina has Aho that might be considered in that category and that's it, so RNH would need to do more with less in Raleigh.

I understand your point of view. Also please note rnh has not played with drai or mcd until the last 10 games where he is over ppg. Hall, until this year, and eberle are no better than guys like skinner. I don’t think we see eye to eye on values and that’s ok. Thansk for your input.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
I understand your point of view. Also please note rnh has not played with drai or mcd until the last 10 games where he is over ppg. Hall, until this year, and eberle are no better than guys like skinner. I don’t think we see eye to eye on values and that’s ok. Thansk for your input.

It seems Draisaitl assisted on quite a few RNH goals earlier this season, so I don't watch them regularly, but would seem they played together some.

And while Skinner is a goal scorer, he is a smoking hot or ice cold, one- dimensional player that is often a black hole with the puck. Hall was/ is 10 times the player, Eberle is probably a good argument.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
That is certainly plausible. RNH has 11 points in his last 10 while playing with McDavid. He was roughly at career average 0.68ppg (56 points over 82 games) prior to that, mainly without McDavid except on the PP at times.

He hasn't played with McDavid for 10 games. Only has been 7 games so far. He has 9 points in 7 games with McDavid this season.

I see no point in this trade due to this production. Nuge and McDavid are magical together, the vision, the quick thinking.

Nuge-McDavid-X
X-Drastaitl-Pulujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Aberg/Yamamoto
Caggiula-Khaira-Kassian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad