GDT: Edmonton McDrai’s vs Sharks 7:30pm NBCSN

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Has Jones

Has Jones been better than his stats, because by score watching it appears he's losing us this game single handedly
1st goal he had NO chance. 2nd was a greasy goal that he could have done a little better on imo. 3rd goal he never saw. Up for argument whether he could have fought through the screen or not. Im of the belief that Jones regularly struggles to fight through screens and he needs to do more to see point shots better. Ferraro, Dillon, and Timo all should share blame on the 3rd goal however.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have a feeling most of us watching the Sharks feed didn't get to see because we joined the game basically right at puck drop on account of the doubleheader early game not finishing before 7:30 PT

She has a ring. Does that narrow it down? :laugh:

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I’d put the 3rd one under 100% saveable. Defence needs to clear the screens but I’ve seen much shorter goalies fight and claw to look through screens and Jones does absolutely nothing
Lol ya it seriously looks like he 100% does not care that hes screened. Hes like, hey that's not my job to see through screeners, someone needs to clear them, I'm not moving.

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
He literally stole a few of the games on this 6 game win streak...

I guess he needs to steal them all though. FOH
tenor (50).gif

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Ive been a Jones defender for the last two years, but he just can't keep putting up such horrible numbers and expect to keep a job. No matter how many goals are seen as hard to save. He just has to make some stops soon or hes going to be out of the NHL.

I am not going to argue, I am not defending Jones in general and 1+ seasons is a far too big sample size to chalk it up to bad luck or anything. But tonight his stats definitely look worse than his SPCT. Having said that, it’s kind of telling, that I try to defend him for that period despite him giving up at least one questionable goal on 9 shots

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
1st goal he had NO chance. 2nd was a greasy goal that he could have done a little better on imo. 3rd goal he never saw. Up for argument whether he could have fought through the screen or not. Im of the belief that Jones regularly struggles to fight through screens and he needs to do more to see point shots better. Ferraro, Dillon, and Timo all should share blame on the 3rd goal however.

This is not true at all, because he reacted as soon as the shot was fired. Jones was leaning one past the screen and the shooter made the right play and shot the other side. My issue was Jones' response was to drop and reach with the blocker. He literally made no attempt to push to get his body near the shot.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
So when do we blame the piss poor defense? When we bring in another goalie and the same **** happens?

I do both

Our goaltending is horrendous

Our defense is atrocious

We have zero forward depth

This team f***ing sucks at even strength and on the power play, outshooting the Oilers is not an accomplishment

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I love how some blame Jones even when he’s screened.

You know damn well those same posters would bitch if he did try to see around the screen and then let a puck in because he was out of position or not set.

I really want a new goalie, only to finally settle the debate about Jones.

Reactions: treefiddy

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
This is not true at all, because he reacted as soon as the shot was fired. Jones was leaning one past the screen and the shooter made the right play and shot the other side. My issue was Jones' response was to drop and reach with the blocker. He literally made no attempt to push to get his body near the shot.
Agree to disagree, I think he knew he shot, didnt know where the puck was.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Lol ya it seriously looks like he 100% does not care that hes screened. Hes like, hey that's not my job to see through screeners, someone needs to clear them, I'm not moving.

The last one , all he had to do was look around the defender. It didn't even look like much of a screen. Jones is at his best when he is moving around and reacting but tonight we are getting "Position Jones" where he is just trying to rely on position and not move around much. That's when he is at his worse. Playoff Jones plays like he is on speed. That's the best Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad