Eklund Rumor: Edmonton Has Made Best Offer to date for EK65

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I think EK65 needs to stay AWAY from the Oilers right now. They shouldn't even have McDavid, let alone Draisaitl from the way that team is run.

Karlsson should be heading to either Winnipeg, Tampa Bay, Washington or Vegas, if not Ottawa.

Not vegas, there is a huge risk that they will fall back next season and miss the playoff. It is hard to know where they stand going forward.

Winnipeg, tamba would be awesome however.

I think Karlsson in edmonton would be a good fit. Then all they need is 1-2 wingers.

member 290103

No, Frank Seravalli was talking about EDM specifically and mentioned EK in that context. No word on the other 9 teams unfortunately.

I suspect Ottawa, Winnipeg and Edmonton would be Canadian teams on his list - maybe Calgary too.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Any Karlsson deal won't involve much salary going back to Ottawa. I'm seeing too many proposal ideas which fail to consider this. The package that best fits this is Klefbom + 10A + Puljujarvi for an unsigned Karlsson. Ottawa only takes on 4.1M, gets a top 10 pick in a good draft, and a young player with high potential. If Eklund's rumour is true - it almost certainly isn't - this would be the offer.

Getting Karlsson to waive is the last hurdle. If there's a deal in place, I'm confident he would waive. Obviously at the time, EDM was at the bottom and on his NT list. New season, new opportunity, and frankly, there are plenty of reasons to go to Edmonton provided they are willing to meet your salary demands.

As far as EDM's terrible cap situation is occurred. You get Karlsson first then figure this stuff out. His cap hit would theoretically only be in a year which gives you time to work on moving the NMCs on your team. I'm sure Edmonton could make it work.

Can't see this happening but I do believe Edmonton can offer the best package for EK65, and whoever ends up getting him will do so with a lesser package than what I suggested.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I’ll call it now, if Karlsson ends up in Edmonton it’s basically Pronger 2.0. 1 season of him and then he’s onto Vegas since basically no one really wants to play in Edmonton

Reactions: ck26

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Seeing that this is Dorion and Chiarelli dealing with eachother, everyone will be disappointed by the outcome.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Seeing that this is Dorion and Chiarelli dealing with eachother, everyone will be disappointed by the outcome.

Draisaitl + Klefbom for Karlsson + Stone

That would pretty much accomplish what you said. ;)

Reactions: Bronson

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Eklund just looks like a groovy cat with whom NHL inside sources surely seek out to share information with........:facepalm:

eklund_nashville.jpg

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Weird to see so many people actually believe this .. Usually Eklund trade ideas has everyone upset and laughing

IMO this isnt gonna ever happen so its shocking people arent making fun of it more

A lot of new blood on this site, maybe. Unawares of the fact Eklund is as reliable as the common HF poster... yet he remains a legit source per HF.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
A lot of new blood on this site, maybe. Unawares of the fact Eklund is as reliable as the common HF poster... yet he remains a legit source per HF.

You are spot on Sir.

Most Hockeybuzz rumors, which the uninformed believe to come from the occasional GM, a handful of agents and players, and assorted members of the media, end with a sad fizz, never coming true.

One blog named Hockeybuzzhogwash.com compiled a list of what it said was every hockey rumor on Hockeybuzz.com in 2008 and found for every one rumor that ended up being true, 30 did not, with an overall accuracy rate for the year of 2.3 percent.

Paul Kukla, who owns and writes Kuklascorner, has said: "I really feel sorry for the people who put faith in what he says, but I guess they will soon realize what is going on. But then, another group of young fans comes around and the cycle starts again."

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
As good as McDavid and Karlsson are, I don’t think you can win a cup with 2 guys taking up over 1/4 of your cap.

But, I’d love to see what Chia would send to Ottawa to get Karlsson. You know they’re asking for Drai.

Reactions: Narwian

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
What type of reputation would it take for people to stop posting his stuff?

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
No way EK comes to Edmonton.

Also, Edmonton should stop looking for band-aids that cost 10M bucks and try to identify and develop their own players who are on value contracts through their early-mid 20s.

You want to have the 20 - 27 year old Karlsson earning a relatively small salary - not the UFA 28 - 35 year old Karlsson who will kill your cap by year 4 of his next contract.

McDavid is 21 years old FFS - and signed for 8 more seasons. That's your window, so being somewhat patient isn't a bad approach. Washington Capitals anyone? Their core was almost exclusively drafted and developed internally.

Reactions: Narwian and nugg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad