Eklund Rumor: Edmonton Has Made Best Offer to date for EK65

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So he's the defender peter chiarelli is willing to trade the 10th pick for...

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Eklund is a tool but please please be right for once. Lol
Oh god I would love to have Karlsson on the Oilers with McDavid. I would joygasm every game.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wouldn't discount Karlsson's NTC list, but things can change in a hurry. How fresh is that info on who his banned teams are? I tried googling this and the info all seemed old, or was new but referencing old info.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Absolutely they are.. EK will definately become a Golden Knight this offseason.. Mark my words!.. Itll happen soon
They can take on Ryan’s contract without blinking and still have space for Kovalchuk

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think EK65 needs to stay AWAY from the Oilers right now. They shouldn't even have McDavid, let alone Draisaitl from the way that team is run.

Karlsson should be heading to either Winnipeg, Tampa Bay, Washington or Vegas, if not Ottawa.

member 290103

Apparently Karlsson has EDM on his 10 team no trade list. This is according to TSN yesterday. So even if there was a deal in place Karlsson would have to waive the NTC.

I'd love to see EDM get this player and have Chia puke more assets only to see him leave as a UFA.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
But just because it was said yesterday doesn't mean that Edmonton was on his no trade list yesterday. Did he say he saw the list that day?
I mean, I don't see why he would say NO in October when we came off of a very solid year and rated a Cup Contender, and then reversed his stance on Edmonton after the abysmal abortion of a season we just witnessed.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
And as I stated to the last poster who quoted me, "going forward". Matthews, Nylander, and Marner will easily eat up over 20M by next season likely closer to 25M, and Tavares would cost over 10M.

If I'm lifting a Cup beforehand, I won't care.
That would be the only reason for him to come home
We're also a darkhorse in that race.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
But their fun starts next off season

Sign Tavares for 10.

Which means we can ship a package of Nylander (6.5-7) and Brown (2.1) and plus for a young D on a competitive (for now) deal.

Ship Gardiner (4.05) for a pure futures package, like a low first and a prospect or a 2nd and 3rd and a prospect.

Martin (2.5) to anyone who will take him for anything they would offer, retain if necessary but no more than 1.0.

Is there really a handshake agreement with Marleau (6.75) to trade him after most of his deal gets paid next July? I hope so. Only Hainsey (3) and Mac (0.850, lol) come off the books next year, hope the cap rises by at least three and they'll be fine.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If I'm lifting a Cup beforehand, I won't care.
That would be the only reason for him to come home
We're also a darkhorse in that race.
That's some serious mortgaging of the future you'd have to think. I think that's also somewhat lofty expectations thinking that Tavares guarantees a cup. Still major holes on defence that its from from a guarantee that they win the cup let alone make it beyond the 1st round with some of the teams they're likely to face.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
But just because it was said yesterday doesn't mean that Edmonton was on his no trade list yesterday. Did he say he saw the list that day?
So I went back and watched last night’s That’s Hockey (thank you for the replay feature Bell) and frank seravalli says:

“it seems like EK has the Oilers on his 10 team no trade list at the moment... it’s hard to be definitive about these things, they can change on a dime... but at this point it seems EK to Edmonton is a non-starter from the get go.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad