Eklund Rumor: Edmonton Has Made Best Offer to date for EK65

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Too bad Hall left. Would be
McDavid - Gretzky
Hall - Kurri
Karlsson - Coffey
LOL......I HARDLY think so.........But this must be a joke so i will just laugh at this and figure you are 17.

McDavid Gretzky.....LOL, that may be the dumbest comparison in the history of lifes comparisons.....Really. The other two are slightly better....really you must not of seen any of those guys.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
And as I stated to the last poster who quoted me, "going forward". Matthews, Nylander, and Marner will easily eat up over 20M by next season likely closer to 25M, and Tavares would cost over 10M.
But more cap opens up after next year, and even more the year after, with plenty of cap controlled prospects ready to step up from the Marlies, and the cap rising year after year.

Leafs fitting Tavares isn’t hard. Leafs fitting Tavares+signing a guy like Carlsson is where you need to start getting creative.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Eklund just posted the Isles are offering 2 first round picks (and obviously there would be at least two more pieces). How could the Oilers beat that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This clown just posted the Isles are offering 2 first round picks (and obviously there would be at least two more pieces). How could the Oilers beat that?
The Oilers have better roster pieces to offer (Drai/Nurse) plus the 10thOA...

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I feel like any Eklund thread needs to have a header with the following comments:

- I guess we can rule team X out then
- I stopped reading as soon as I saw the word Eklund
- Why is this guy still a source on here?
- Has this guy ever correctly predicted a trade?

It'll save the first two pages of everyone coming in and making the same predictable and repetitive comments before people get down to actually discussing the OP.

If you don't wanna comment on an Eklund thread then just don't read it; it's as simple as that. Or if you do feel the need to bash him at least try to be original with it so it's not so painful to read every freaking time! There's no reason they can't just be discussed like the rest of the completely made up proposals on here. That's what this site is for.

Reactions: uncleben

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
I feel like any Eklund thread needs to have a header with the following comments:

- I guess we can rule team X out then
- I stopped reading as soon as I saw the word Eklund
- Why is this guy still a source on here?
- Has this guy ever correctly predicted a trade?

It'll save the first two pages of everyone coming in and making the same predictable and repetitive comments before people can get down to actually discussing the OP.

If you don't wanna comment on an Eklund thread then just don't read it; it's as simple as that. Or if you do feel the need to bash him at least try to be original with it so it's not so painful to read every time! There's no reason they can't just be discussed like the rest of the completely made up proposals on here. That's what this site is for.

There is no "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing" rule here. Sad, but true.

I'd be worried about this because of Karlsson's injury history, and specifically due to what we would be giving up to get the premier dman in the league. Seems like a high risk scenario, if Edmonton gives up what most would think of as fair value.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Or we could just lock it the way we do with every other clickbait "insider".

Every time you post in here, the thread is bumped to the top of the page, so you're really doing a bad job of trying to get people to stop making, reading, posting in these kinds of threads.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
LOL......I HARDLY think so.........But this must be a joke so i will just laugh at this and figure you are 17.

McDavid Gretzky.....LOL, that may be the dumbest comparison in the history of lifes comparisons.....Really. The other two are slightly better....really you must not of seen any of those guys.

Pfft, what are you talking about bro, RNH is obviously this generation's Mark Messier. :sarcasm:

Reactions: JP Nolan

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Pass,picks/prospects along arent going to cut it...You want him give us something that helps us next season,we have prospects and picks...We need good young nhl calibre players

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Fear not Ott fans. The Oilers can pony up packages until pigs fly, but if they're on Karlsson's no trade list, which all insiders say they are, then Karlsson is not going to Edm, and you don't have to deal with crappy proposals

This rumor is toast in the water

Reactions: topshelf15

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Lets assume the EDM-OTT trade happens and 10th OA is involved.

Does Ottawa give Colorado 4th OA this year (so they keep next years pick) if the get the 10th ?
Or do they pick 4th + 10th (could be quite good fetch) ?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
The thought of McDavid and Karlsson on the same team. Scary.
I honestly don't see the fit. Both are best carrying the puck. Now it would be awesome to have a high-rate of controlled zone entry with them both lugging it through the neutral zone on alternating shifts... but on the ice together? I don't see the complementarity/synergy.

Reactions: Jamin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->