Edmonton Football Team 2020 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Cleveland Indians are the latest to bend the knee and according to the Twitter wokesters they are going to come with the house for the Chiefs and the Braves now that this is done.

There was also some talk last night that they don't like "Patriots" because it is considered to be pro-military and pro-police so a campaign will be starting there very soon.

As a number of posters suggested, the train is just starting to roll.

Also starting to hear rumblings that the Yankees are being deemed offensive. The Onion couldn't make up this stuff up at this point.

How long until the Washington Football Team is on the chopping block for their offensive name?....oh are you confused? I meant the Washington part of the name, seeing as the man for whom the city is named was a slave owner.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Also starting to hear rumblings that the Yankees are being deemed offensive. The Onion couldn't make up this stuff up at this point.

How long until the Washington Football Team is on the chopping block for their offensive name?....oh are you confused? I meant the Washington part of the name, seeing as the man for whom the city is named was a slave owner.
First the football team. Then the dollar bill, the city and then the state! Look out Thomas Jefferson, we're coming for you too!

Reactions: Darkwinter

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
First the football team. Then the dollar bill, the city and then the state! Look out Thomas Jefferson, we're coming for you too!

It will be interesting to see where it all ends.

I heard today that Fox is looking to drop Thursday night football due to lower ratings and there is also talk that all the networks are looking to renegotiate in the face of declining viewer numbers. Traditional media outlets were all facing major change before the Woke tidal wave hit and now they are really scrambling.

ESPN is cutting hundreds of jobs as parent company Disney suddenly becomes aware that these types of politics will effect all of their business interests.

Nobody wants these woke lectures (and that includes colored people who are just as sick of this junk) when they watch a game but you can't tell that to a bunch of college girls with blue hair who throw bricks through windows.

But just as sponsors wanted nothing to do with supposedly "racist" team names they will eventually find that they want nothing to do with the "wokesters" who are literally dividing society in two and driving people away. Somewhere, Lincoln must be shaking his head in dismay.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

I heard today that Fox is looking to drop Thursday night football due to lower ratings and there is also talk that all the networks are looking to renegotiate in the face of declining viewer numbers. Traditional media outlets were all facing major change before the Woke tidal wave hit and now they are really scrambling.

ESPN is cutting hundreds of jobs as parent company Disney suddenly becomes aware that these types of politics will effect all of their business interests.

Nobody wants these woke lectures (and that includes colored people who are just as sick of this junk) when they watch a game but you can't tell that to a bunch of college girls with blue hair who throw bricks through windows.

But just as sponsors wanted nothing to do with supposedly "racist" team names they will eventually find that they want nothing to do with the "wokesters" who are literally dividing society in two and driving people away. Somewhere, Lincoln must be shaking his head in dismay.

ESPN has a lot of blood on their hands for this, and by extension TSN for airing their daytime talkshows featuring absolute imbeciles like Steven A Smith. Good luck getting a sports take on ESPN without one of the talking heads inserting their own political/racial verbal diarrhea into the mix. Even people more lenient towards having politics inserted into sports have to be getting turned off by now. Trying to watch an NFL game is pretty bad these days, but not unwatchable. I cannot even imagine what an NBA broadcast is like though, nor have I even considered watching one since those idiots all went on strike in the bubble and got their "custom" game jerseys.

With the Eskimos dead, I'm actually not sure I'll bother keeping cable myself much longer, sports is the only reason I still had it, and they're all getting ruined at an alarming rate. Eventually the networks might figure out that most of the wokesters they kowtow to don't actually watch sports, but might be too late.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
ESPN has a lot of blood on their hands for this, and by extension TSN for airing their daytime talkshows featuring absolute imbeciles like Steven A Smith. Good luck getting a sports take on ESPN without one of the talking heads inserting their own political/racial verbal diarrhea into the mix. Even people more lenient towards having politics inserted into sports have to be getting turned off by now. Trying to watch an NFL game is pretty bad these days, but not unwatchable. I cannot even imagine what an NBA broadcast is like though, nor have I even considered watching one since those idiots all went on strike in the bubble and got their "custom" game jerseys.

With the Eskimos dead, I'm actually not sure I'll bother keeping cable myself much longer, sports is the only reason I still had it, and they're all getting ruined at an alarming rate. Eventually the networks might figure out that most of the wokesters they kowtow to don't actually watch sports, but might be too late.

Janelle Hill is by far the worst.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

There were innocent times where watching an NFL, CFL, College game united the nations, states, they served as commonality. A time where nothing would evoke US success more than seeing two College programs go at it on the gridiron. That ended up being the talk of a nation.

Its sad that its come to this where pro sports have been coopted to further division. I mean I know that isn't the intent, but its whats occurring. The people tuning out just never wanted the politics interjected onto the games. Resent foments about the one count on escape in peoples lives, that one came to associate with holidays, special times of year, with relaxation, is made political, and the innocent enjoyment yanked away.

Its a transformation that probably shouldn't happen in sporting entertainment, and especially high priced sports.

I mean what is more mind numbing than the rich bucks exclusive world of the NFL where people could mortage a house to afford a Superbowl ticket, for that league to have license speaking of the marginalized? What tripe.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I dropped cable in the spring (only had it for sports), and now have DAZN for NFL. Might get cable for a few months for hockey, as hate the limitations and quality of the SN app.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

:facepalm: I hope not. If so, New Orleans may as well start the process too. Can't wait for the cries "Saints" is deemed offensive as it is pushing religion.

Reactions: oilers'72

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
:facepalm: I hope not. If so, New Orleans may as well start the process too. Can't wait for the cries "Saints" is deemed offensive as it is pushing religion.

The key "run-off" Georgia elections in January (which will be critical in determining control of the USA Federal Senate and the continued leadership of Mitch McConnell) took up the sports name chant today with all kinds of candidates and senators/supporters (at both the State and Federal levels) weighing in on the nick-name "Braves".

So far, Atlanta Brave ownership has sworn that they will never change the name but that's what Snyder said in Washington for many years. They also vowed that they wouldn't part with the tomahawk chop either which I found to be a bit of an eyebrow raiser. Notice how the rhetoric on both sides seems to be getting sharper and less willing to compromise. This is the real "return" on woke politics.

It will be interesting, a decade from now, to see how this stuff has changed the sporting world and indeed the world in general.

From what I have seen so far, my guess is that it will simply divide people further and do more harm than good.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I dropped cable in the spring (only had it for sports), and now have DAZN for NFL. Might get cable for a few months for hockey, as hate the limitations and quality of the SN app.

I've heard of DAZN, what exactly is it? Is it that streaming app that that shows the red zone snaps for each game?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I've heard of DAZN, what exactly is it? Is it that streaming app that that shows the red zone snaps for each game?

Basically it's a non-specific sport streaming package. They got the rights for what used to be Sunday ticket so they have the ability to stream or replay all NFL games. They also have a bunch of other sports like Cricket and European Football leagues, but I'm not overly well versed on which ones.

I tested it and the quality was awesome. I particularly like the four game split screen option. The thing is I'm not a big enough NFL fan to justify the expense.

If they could convince the other majors (MLB, NHL, NBA) to join them I'd give them $40/month easily, possibly could be convinced to play more.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Basically it's a non-specific sport streaming package. They got the rights for what used to be Sunday ticket so they have the ability to stream or replay all NFL games. They also have a bunch of other sports like Cricket and European Football leagues, but I'm not overly well versed on which ones.

I tested it and the quality was awesome. I particularly like the four game split screen option. The thing is I'm not a big enough NFL fan to justify the expense.

If they could convince the other majors (MLB, NHL, NBA) to join them I'd give them $40/month easily, possibly could be convinced to play more.
I thought I seen something that they had the Anthony Joshua fight as well this past weekend. Not bad considering that kind of fight use to be a 50-70 dollar PPV

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I thought I seen something that they had the Anthony Joshua fight as well this past weekend. Not bad considering that kind of fight use to be a 50-70 dollar PPV

Yeah, I think they have great value for what their product is if you are a fan of their content. $20/month for their service, I'd argue gives you way more value than Sportsnet Now does for the same money.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, I think they have great value for what their product is if you are a fan of their content. $20/month for their service, I'd argue gives you way more value than Sportsnet Now does for the same money.
DAZN - Wikipedia

I've been debating for months to get it. After checking out this link I think I will

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
DAZN - Wikipedia

I've been debating for months to get it. After checking out this link I think I will

I think they have a 30 day trial if you want to test it out over the Christmas Break. That's how I tested it out.

That wiki site is somewhat misleading. For example, MLB is just a single channel not all the games and I don't think they have every game for most of those leagues. They do for NFL though.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think they have a 30 day trial if you want to test it out over the Christmas Break.

That wiki site is somewhat misleading. For example, MLB is just a single channel not all the games and I don't think they have every game for most of those leagues. They do for NFL though.
Ya I saw it say something about MLB network feed. Figured as much. Although I don't watch a ton of baseball and what I do watch is on my cable

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I got it strictly for the NFL. Like you said, first month is free, then $20 per month. So I’ll cancel it once the season is over. $5 per week to catch every NFL game is reasonable for me. The red zone channel on Sunday is my favorite. If they ever got hockey it would be amazing, but unlikely here in Canada. Like you said, quality is excellent, leaves SN in the dust, and has more streaming device options.

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Oh no.....he is quaking in his boots cause they are coming for him now too. Guess abolishing slavery and getting assasinated for supporting black rights in an era that it would get even PUSA shot in the head....not good enough.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Oh no.....he is quaking in his boots cause they are coming for him now too. Guess abolishing slavery and getting assasinated for supporting black rights in an era that it would get even PUSA shot in the head....not good enough.

Read it and weep and there are many more schools and college sports teams who are set to tear down any image of him. Simply one of the bravest politicians the World has known but its not good enough for the cancel crowd.

San Francisco to rename Abraham Lincoln High School as he didn't show 'black lives mattered to him' | Daily Mail Online

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Read it and weep and there are many more schools and college sports teams who are set to tear down any image of him. Simply one of the bravest politicians the World has known but its not good enough for the cancel crowd.

San Francisco to rename Abraham Lincoln High School as he didn't show 'black lives mattered to him' | Daily Mail Online

Do they actually think this is going to help their cause. This only serves to alienate those that oppress them the most even further. To the point where they will become even more violent. Furthermore, it likely furthers their argument to convince the more moderate versions of them to join up.

This is going to end really badly.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Do they actually think this is going to help their cause. This only serves to alienate those that oppress them the most even further. To the point where they will become even more violent. Furthermore, it likely furthers their argument to convince the more moderate versions of them to join up.

This is going to end really badly.

I don't want to stray too far into politics because Bryan already has his hands full with this stuff but suffice to say that JFK, RFK and eventually even MLK (non violent strategy) will be on the block as well.

Reactions: oilers'72 and bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I don't want to stray too far into politics because Bryan already has his hands full with this stuff but suffice to say that JFK, RFK and eventually even MLK (non violent strategy) will be on the block as well.

Yeah, who knows. Although one thing though in common with some of the names mentioned in the article is political affiliation though, which is different than the ones you mention.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010

if the Nfl /NBa would stick to playing sports instead of trying to be all political and right .poor little millionaire need to learn to shut the hell up and play sports and keep their two-bit opinion out of it

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
They'll be going after those three because they all had the audacity to get assassinated before they could wipe out all the statues and other names. So their legacies must be punished and removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad