Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v6

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Cover those guys and make the rest of the team beat you.

You can only double one guy though. And there's almost nobody in the league that can cover either one in single-coverage, let alone the guys we have back there. The blitz getting home was the only real chance we had of slowing them down, and Hamilton has the best offensive line in the league. I get the frustration, I just don't think scheming was necessarily the problem. We forced Evans into a few risky throws due to pressure, but failed to capitalize. If we pick that ball off on the goal line early, this game might have been a lot closer.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bye maas.

giphy.gif
Never enough of these.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Maas, Gable gone I hope. Bad pass defence and inability to scone majors. Get more impact receivers and a RB for next year along with better dbs.

Reactions: McDrai

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You can only double one guy though. And there's almost nobody in the league that can cover either one in single-coverage, let alone the guys we have back there. The blitz getting home was the only real chance we had of slowing them down, and Hamilton has the best offensive line in the league. I get the frustration, I just don't think scheming was necessarily the problem. We forced Evans into a few risky throws due to pressure, but failed to capitalize. If we pick that ball off on the goal line early, this game might have been a lot closer.

Have your corner backs play man, have your dime backs and safety play zone slanted towards those receivers.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Riders haven't made a single decent play yet today. They are asleep, can't hold the ball even.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Fajardo throws a pass at least half a yard beyond the line of scrimmage. Winnipeg challenges and it gets upheld. That is f***ing incredible, even for the CFL.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
What are those guys in the review booth watching?

These guys called down during a game in Regina earlier this year to re-spot a ball 1 yard forward on a run-of-the-mill first down play. And not only do they not call down to correct a clear and obvious mistake, Winnipeg has to challenge and it's somehow upheld?! Every time you think you've seen the worst this league has to offer, they surprise you again.

Fortunately the Bombers didn't really get burned too badly, beyond losing the ability to challenge later on. Hopefully they're ahead by enough that it won't matter.

What a comedy of errors late in the half. Winnipeg should have just run Harris a couple times and made sure they got a field goal attempt. Instead they have to punt, but Sask's bonehead returner concedes a point with 20 seconds on the clock. Yet the Winnipeg defense quickly folds and gives up 40 yards...only for Sask to waste too much time and fail to get off an unlikely field goal attempt themselves. Yeeeesh.

Winnipeg is letting Sask hang around. I have no idea why the Riders haven't run the ball, what with being a run-heavy team who now has an injured QB, but despite a costly turnover, a 100+ yard drive conceded, and barely pissing a drop offensively, it's still just a 7 point game. Bombers need to come out and hammer them with Streveler in the second half, just like last week. If Sask gets any momentum going, Winnipeg might panic.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Come on O'Shea, you gambled on 3rd and 2 at the 16 but not 3rd and 3 at the 6? Letting 'em hang around....

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'm a Riders fan and can't believe the call stood.

Before rotten tomatos and soggy lettuce are thrown at me, the Esks are my #2. I hate everyone else.
I get it, being a Rider fan. I moved to Edmonton in the 80’s and kept cheering for them for over 20 years. That team is deeply rooted in any sports fan that’s ever lived there. About 10 years ago I realized I no longer had any more family there or really any more ties to Saskatchewan so I switched my allegiance to the Eskimos. I’d recommend to anyone leaving Saskatchewan to hire one of those de-programmers they use to try and help former cult members.

Reactions: TB12

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Fajardo is ineffective today, which was to be expected.

And he's actually looked better than I expected, honestly.

Winnipeg just keeps dangling the carrot, then snatching it away and restoring the 10 point lead. But they're playing with fire. Still feels like they might blow it.

Steve McAdoo has called a bad game for Sask, something that's always been a risk with him. Not enough of the run, and it was idiotic not to sneak on the 1.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
A fake return? I've never seen something like that in my life. Did Medlock boot it to the wrong side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad