Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
At this point I’ll take 3 years of good coaching, scouting and recruitment.

I hear what you are saying...Jones would be a big step up from what we have,
The problem is...when he bolts (and he will bolt) there is no consideration what so ever for what he has left behind.
He doesnt look back...only forward. The team needs to get off that roller coaster.

What this team needs is someone to stabilize the organization. Thats not Chris Jones.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hear what you are saying...Jones would be a big step up from what we have,
The problem is...when he bolts (and he will bolt) there is no consideration what so ever for what he has left behind.
He doesnt look back...only forward. The team needs to get off that roller coaster.

What this team needs is someone to stabilize the organization. Thats not Chris Jones.

They need someone (anyone) to right the ship first. Long term stability can come afterwards.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They need someone (anyone) to right the ship first. Long term stability can come afterwards.

I would rather have someone that doesnt leave carnage in his wake.
Thats what Chris Jones does.

Reactions: bone

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

We can't have nice things.

The rich getting richer, all that.

Would love me some more Dexter McCoil.

But agreed with others comments that Stamps are totally the better football org, always going in the right direction under Hufnagel, and great players generally like winning environments and this clearly isn't one.

The weird thing is whenever an Edmonton team has a modicum of success it implodes immediately. Cites Oilers 2006, Oilers 2017, Esks 2015.

Its like bombs go off the moment we're having good times..

this sucks right?

Reactions: Cloned

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
How can you say that when you look at the mess he always leaves when he moves on? We saw it here first hand. There is nothing you can do to buy his loyalty, the Riders gave him a boat load of money and full control and that didn’t even do it. We need to find our own Wally Bouno or John Hufnagel, another Hugh Campbell, which is what I’m sure the Eskimos hoped for with Jason Mass. Just because he isn’t the guy doesn’t mean you abandon plans for that. You keep searching. Chris Jones is as far from that as it gets.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
How can you say that when you look at the mess he always leaves when he moves on? We saw it here first hand. There is nothing you can do to buy his loyalty, the Riders gave him a boat load of money and full control and that didn’t even do it. We need to find our own Wally Bouno or John Hufnagel, another Hugh Campbell, which is what I’m sure the Eskimos hoped for with Jason Mass. Just because he isn’t the guy doesn’t mean you abandon plans for that. You keep searching. Chris Jones is as far from that as it gets.

Agreed, he has a useful job life that is similar to a Canadian Tire lawnmower. We need something that is long term and stable. That has to be Presson's goal for the organization.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
What's this carnage Chris Jones has left behind? Left a pretty good roster here that Maas coached into the ground. The team he left behind in Sask might win the Grey Cup. People leave for more money, it is what it is.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What's this carnage Chris Jones has left behind? Left a pretty good roster here that Maas coached into the ground. The team he left behind in Sask might win the Grey Cup. People leave for more money, it is what it is.
So he leaves in three years and then we’re back to where we are now, then what? That’s assuming he does a good job while he’s here. I’d rather the team focus on finding a competent guy that’s committed to the long haul.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So he leaves in three years and then we’re back to where we are now, then what? That’s assuming he does a good job while he’s here. I’d rather the team focus on finding a competent guy that’s committed to the long haul.
Why, those guys have mighty failed in this league as well.

Could care less if he's short term or long term. Just hope the next guy can get this team winning.

There really seems to be only one guy out there that you can bank on making your team better and rather quickly. Why that is, I have no idea. This team seems rather pathetic at developing management and coaches.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How did that work out the last time Jones was here and he left? Seems we have gone directly back to being a mess right after he left.

I agree with Guymez. We need someone of the Hufnagel ilk that is solid and long term. But before that, we need a competent president and BOD's.

Reactions: guymez

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
We can't have nice things.

The rich getting richer, all that.

Would love me some more Dexter McCoil.

But agreed with others comments that Stamps are totally the better football org, always going in the right direction under Hufnagel, and great players generally like winning environments and this clearly isn't one.

The weird thing is whenever an Edmonton team has a modicum of success it implodes immediately. Cites Oilers 2006, Oilers 2017, Esks 2015.

Its like bombs go off the moment we're having good times..

this sucks right?
Very telling that McCoil went to the Stamps and bypassed everyone else, including the shit show team he came into the league with . This really sucks. We've lost a lot of guys from the Chris Jones recruitment era, but two of them are absolute game changers that went to our direct opposition (Washington and McCoil)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Very telling that McCoil went to the Stamps and bypassed everyone else, including the **** show team he came into the league with . This really sucks. We've lost a lot of guys from the Chris Jones recruitment era, but two of them are absolute game changers that went to our direct opposition (Washington and McCoil)
I thought it came out last week that we had issues with salary cap.

Was McCoil even an option for us?

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Very telling that McCoil went to the Stamps and bypassed everyone else, including the **** show team he came into the league with . This really sucks. We've lost a lot of guys from the Chris Jones recruitment era, but two of them are absolute game changers that went to our direct opposition (Washington and McCoil)
You mean Jefferson not Washington unless you are talking about Tony Washington.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

If we get somebody here for 3 years and get a contending team for all 3, I'd be more than happy. Guys like Hugh Campbell and Hufnagel come along once in a decade. Highly unlikely we're going to luck into the next one.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If we get somebody here for 3 years and get a contending team for all 3, I'd be more than happy. Guys like Hugh Campbell and Hufnagel come along once in a decade. Highly unlikely we're going to luck into the next one.
Is there a salary cap on GM's? Just asking, because if not, if you do get a good, solid one, you pay him a lot of dough and keep him here for a long time. And the Eskimos have the most resources in the league to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad