Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Proof positive that even when drafting 20 somethings there is no guarantee as to what will happen.

That's why I always laugh when people on the threads describe 18 year old NHL drafts as "complete busts" before they even play a game.

For every Mario Lemieux there are at least 10 Jason Bonsignores.
CFL draft is so unique as it is. Sometimes having the top pick is bad situation to be in. Do you take the talent even though the guy might never play for you?

I also don't know what Chapman did in school, but you do really risk the chance that if the guy is smart that he might not want to play in the CFL. Can potentially earn more outside of football and save your body.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Typical esks game day shi*tacular weather. I swear over the last 4 or 5 years they have had the worst luck leading up to games. Even if things turn out okay on game day or so leading up and often the morning of game day is lousy.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
CFL draft is so unique as it is. Sometimes having the top pick is bad situation to be in. Do you take the talent even though the guy might never play for you?

I also don't know what Chapman did in school, but you do really risk the chance that if the guy is smart that he might not want to play in the CFL. Can potentially earn more outside of football and save your body.

Yes, agreed, players are more educated these days about the risks and some are saying why not make more money doing something else and live a better life- especially when it comes to CFL wages.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Typical esks game day shi*tacular weather. I swear over the last 4 or 5 years they have had the worst luck leading up to games. Even if things turn out okay on game day or so leading up and often the morning of game day is lousy.

FC Edmonton has the same new reality.

I think the bigger reality is what craptacular weather we get, in general these days.

To wit;

Blazing hot days

Mosquito infested days

Monsoon

Wind Monsoon

Month long smoke shows

12 thousand strike lightning storms.

It isn't just bad luck that outdoor events so frequently have bad weather. Most of what we get now is far less enjoyable weather.

How many pleasant 70-80C days even exist now?

The bad luck is the new climate normal, seemingly.

Reactions: Duke74

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yes, agreed, players are more educated these days about the risks and some are saying why not make more money doing something else and live a better life- especially when it comes to CFL wages.
There was a rookie/young player last year or the year before in the NFL that decided to quit. Had to pay back bonus money that was unearned and went on with his life.

Just didn't want to deal with potential concussions and the side effects it could have later in life. Although I think that's quite the bold move. Quite rare that a guy will get concussed that bad nowadays that it would have that severe of effects. You'd think he'd be able to handle one concussion and then move on with life if it happened.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I mentioned this yesterday as they were calling for shit weather for quite some time. Really hurts the sales of tickets leading up to the game.

Even though it's suppose to be better tonight I have my doubts that they will get a lot of walk ups for today.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Has anyone sat in the first couple rows of the upper bowl at Commonwealth? The tickets are tagged as obstructed view and I know there's a rail there but how bad is it?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If the wind calms down a bit it looks to be a beautiful evening for football.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Just purchased a couple $25 tickets. Usually like going to one game a year but didn't make it out last year due to the cost. Glad they are making them more affordable.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Has anyone sat in the first couple rows of the upper bowl at Commonwealth? The tickets are tagged as obstructed view and I know there's a rail there but how bad is it?

I've definitely sat there before and I don't recall it being a problem that I noticed. I'm sure I'd remember if it was. I'm 6 feet tall, might be different if you're significantly shorter.

Reactions: madmutter

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I've definitely sat there before and I don't recall it being a problem that I noticed. I'm sure I'd remember if it was. I'm 6 feet tall, might be different if you're significantly shorter.

Have the Esks contacted you about trying out for a receiver position?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Wow giving up the safety there is an interesting call. Either way Calgary needed half the field to win. Thinking the field goal is easier to get.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Wow giving up the safety there is an interesting call. Either way Calgary needed half the field to win. Thinking the field goal is easier to get.
If by interesting you mean mind numbingly stupid you have it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad