Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Get off the glue, you!:laugh:
tenor.gif

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Rogers gone and O'Donnell now too. Maas says it will be "at least 6 games" for Matt so there goes 2 of the best in the league for an extended period of time.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
It was nice coming back from vacation to that PVR. I was worried about the offense getting rhythm after the bye week, and they actually weren't very good, but that defense is something else. Of course BC's idiotic offensive scheming played a big role.

Interesting heading into Montreal this week and not being able to take a win for granted. I think as long as we keep the blitzing up, the defense should carry the day though. This team is starting to remind me of 2014, where a new defense emerged dominant in a hurry. Average play from the offense should be enough to win a lot of games this year.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It was nice coming back from vacation to that PVR. I was worried about the offense getting rhythm after the bye week, and they actually weren't very good, but that defense is something else. Of course BC's idiotic offensive scheming played a big role.

Interesting heading into Montreal this week and not being able to take a win for granted. I think as long as we keep the blitzing up, the defense should carry the day though. This team is starting to remind me of 2014, where a new defense emerged dominant in a hurry. Average play from the offense should be enough to win a lot of games this year.

I think that the Montreal game is a trap game. I will be very pleased if the team comes up with a win on Saturday.

Reactions: joestevens29

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I think that the Montreal game is a trap game. I will be very pleased if the team comes up with a win on Saturday.

I actually don't get that feeling for this one. I was a lot more worried about going into BC. With two straight Als wins and the fact that they almost pulled a miracle comeback last game against us, there's no way this team should be going into this game expecting that anything less than 100% will get the job done.

O'Donnell is a big loss though. At least Montreal's front 7 isn't all that imposing and they've been soft against the run (except on the goal line, oddly enough). As long as we don't try to force balls against Evans and Campbell I think the offense can hit 25 points, and that should be enough with the way this defense is playing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I actually don't get that feeling for this one. I was a lot more worried about going into BC. With two straight Als wins and the fact that they almost pulled a miracle comeback last game against us, there's no way this team should be going into this game expecting that anything less than 100% will get the job done.

O'Donnell is a big loss though. At least Montreal's front 7 isn't all that imposing and they've been soft against the run (except on the goal line, oddly enough). As long as we don't try to force balls against Evans and Campbell I think the offense can hit 25 points, and that should be enough with the way this defense is playing.
Plus if the sandwich guy is no longer there they might be in trouble.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Good points.

My concern revolves around the Esks taking the Al's lightly and IIRC they never seem to do well when they play in Montreal. Also..their defence is pretty good at forcing turnovers.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So I'll do a bit of a feature here, which is ironic, because it was me who was having the most difficulty with an ever changing roster and wondering if I'd find players to connect to. But Vontae Diggs has leaped out and grabbed my attention, and my heart.

Hard not to love this kid, only 23, but with a lifetime of experiences, hardship, hardknocks, quite a story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c9042272f07_story.html?utm_term=.eefdd6c2d336

So I gotta hand it to Sunderland getting this man in here. I was outspoken that we'd seen the best of Sherritt and Grymes, it was time to move on. But this guy, Vontae Diggs, he astounds.

From the first game against Reilly, I took note of his play, and his comments, he led the way. Plays like he made in that game can alter how a season goes and what a team thinks of itself

Rookie linebacker sets tone for Eskimos with opening-snap sack on Reilly

I loved hearing Vontae respect Reilly, learn about him, watch the game films of him, but still put aside what team mates might think and go right at Reilly, in his face, hard. Mike Reilly knew who Vontae Diggs was after that game.

Today Diggs in the paper with some juicy talk;

PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

I especially like how Diggs considers run stopping the mans game. That he thrives on it, loves it. Thats the kind of swamp dog I love. He's a pleasure to watch. You see him on pretty much every play. But I like how he reads plays, has learned to really apply himself, know everything he can. I like that he's coming here from the NFL, but being here he's not taking one foot off the accelerator. He's playing with intensity, accepting where he is, and pretty much loving it.

I'm not predisposed to players that just do the Talking, like Money Hunter. Vontae Diggs is backing up, he's bringing the ugly on every down.

Now this is taking nothing away from the entire D front and Linebackers. They are making teams pass the ball. They are getting pressure consistently, they are moving the line of scrimmage always. These guys are ballers.

I have to give some hats off to Sunderland. This is a bad bad looking, intimidating front and linebackers and with pretty good coaching and schemes. They just run over people all day. Its fun watching the D again.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So I'll do a bit of a feature here, which is ironic, because it was me who was having the most difficulty with an ever changing roster and wondering if I'd find players to connect to. But Vontae Diggs has leaped out and grabbed my attention, and my heart.

Hard not to love this kid, only 23, but with a lifetime of experiences, hardship, hardknocks, quite a story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c9042272f07_story.html?utm_term=.eefdd6c2d336

So I gotta hand it to Sunderland getting this man in here. I was outspoken that we'd seen the best of Sherritt and Grymes, it was time to move on. But this guy, Vontae Diggs, he astounds.

From the first game against Reilly, I took note of his play, and his comments, he led the way. Plays like he made in that game can alter how a season goes and what a team thinks of itself

I loved hearing Vontae respect Reilly, learn about him, watch the game films of him, but still put aside what team mates might think and go right at Reilly, in his face, hard. Mike Reilly knew who Vontae Diggs was after that game.

I especially like how Diggs considers run stopping the mans game. That he thrives on it, loves it. Thats the kind of swamp dog I love. He's a pleasure to watch. You see him on pretty much every play. But I like how he reads plays, has learned to really apply himself, know everything he can. I like that he's coming here from the NFL, but being here he's not taking one foot off the accelerator. He's playing with intensity, accepting where he is, and pretty much loving it.

I'm not predisposed to players that just do the Talking, like Money Hunter. Vontae Diggs is backing up, he's bringing the ugly on every down.

Now this is taking nothing away from the entire D front and Linebackers. They are making teams pass the ball. They are getting pressure consistently, they are moving the line of scrimmage always. These guys are ballers.

I have to give some hats off to Sunderland. This is a bad bad looking front and linebackers and with pretty good coaching and schemes. Its fun watching the D again.
Diggs definitely has one hell of a story.

Definitely won me over quick as a fan.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

I have to give some hats off to Sunderland. This is a bad bad looking, intimidating front and linebackers and with pretty good coaching and schemes. They just run over people all day. Its fun watching the D again.

I think he might spell the end of Santos knox

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hoping for the Argos is a thankless quest. Disquieting as well to be cheering for a Toronto club. Stamps doing everything possible to fold and the Argos just outright refusing to take it. Without all those turnovers the Argos win the game handily. Beat themselves.

The commentating is just awful. Who was it that said that Cleyon Laing made the big play that Caused the Stamps to beat Calgary in the Grey Cup. My lord the mind numbing stupidity. To these people listen to themselves.

Bad at math as well. Same commentator notes that the Argos have the ball on the Calgary 42yd line. A play later he's saying its a first down on the Calgary 35 (it was the 30 yd line)

Little things like that is why I despise TSN.

Then after the game its Jay Onrait doing the sports news and I change the channel in seconds. Bring the hilites, not the bs. I don't care who you are, you're not Jay Leno. I don't get Onraits shtick, at all. I wish Onrait, and his tool, would go back to Fox.

Last edited:

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Geez, Toronto wins this game if they merely turn the ball over 4 times instead of 7. Only a couple of those turnovers were even caused by good plays from Calgary defenders, about five of them were just unforced gifts.

I have to say, I'm looking forward to playing the Stamps this year, which is not something I've said in a long time. They remind me a lot of Saskatchewan last year, as their defense is a bigger threat to score than their offense at this point.

How about Corey Chamblin punting down 10 with 2:30 left? Hard to take an organization seriously when those kinds of decisions are coming in from the sideline.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I got tickets for the Esks game tomorrow. Excited should be a great match, doubt we will be the only Esks fans in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad