Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Last thread exceeded 1000 posts.

Interesting game Friday. Curious to see the Reilly/Harris match up.

Also curious to see how the fans react to Reilly.

Now about the weather.....

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Also curious to see how the fans react to Reilly. Now about the weather.....

Fire the entire training and medical staff.

Seriously.

How do you lose 6+ starters to injury by Week 2? LOL.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Seriously.

I hear you.
It seems like a re-occuring problem for this team. Makes me wonder if Maas is working them too hard in practice.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hear you.
It seems like a re-occuring problem for this team. Makes me wonder if Maas is working them too hard in practice.

The thing is that it’s long term injuries. It’s not like these guys are getting bone bruises or strains. These are probably tears and breaks; how is that even possible in such a short period of time?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The thing is that it’s long term injuries. It’s not like these guys are getting bone bruises or strains. These are probably tears and breaks; how is that even possible in such a short period of time?

Overworking can cause players to be more susceptible to serious injury.

I honestly dont know the reason for it...just spitballing. I know I am tired of seeing it happen year after year.

Reactions: Cloned

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Is he trying to make himself into a villain? Or does he somehow not know how Edmonton fans operate despite being here for the better part of a decade?

Well...I actually think he is probably right about this....

Mike Reilly said:
Most of them will cheer and be appreciative of the time that I spent there right until the game starts. Then after that they’ll probably boo me every second,

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well...I actually think he is probably right about this....

Nah, it’s not like we booed post-Oilers Gretzky or Messier after the game started.

We very rarely boo players that succeeded and brought us championships.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nah, it’s not like we booed post-Oilers Gretzky or Messier after the game started.

We very rarely boo players that succeeded and brought us championships.

As a season ticket holder back in the day I remember hearing ex Oilers getting booed.
Gretzky included.

As for Reilly...I think it depends on what happens in the game. If he torches the Esks I think the fans will be more vocal.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
As a season ticket holder back in the day I remember hearing ex Oilers getting booed.
Gretzky included.

As for Reilly...I think it depends on what happens in the game. If he torches the Esks I think the fans will be more vocal.

Maybe a smattering of boos. Not the “everybody” or even a loud majority like what Reilly is suggesting.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Maybe a smattering of boos. Not the “everybody” or even a loud majority like what Reilly is suggesting.

I think he is being a little facetious with his comments. A smattering of boos sounds about right.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Also curious to see how the fans react to Reilly.

Now about the weather.....

The much anticipated resurgence of interest in the EE on the HOF Boards has begun.

"Come live with us in Forests of Azure- out here on the perimeter there are no stars- we are stoned, immaculate."

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
The front four on the dline are going to have to get some serious pressure on Reilly or he is going to tear apart the banged upped secondary.

Forecast isn’t looking too promising either, could be a smaller crowd tonight than normal.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Seriously.

At least it's getting better they had 12 by week 2 last year and I can't remember how many they year before early, but I do know they cracked 20 at some point that year.

Last year it started at 12, but gradually shrunk to a normal number to match other teams by mid-season. Hopefully the same occurs this year.

Now who I really want to learn from is Winnipeg (0 injuries to start the year) and I believe last year they had the least man-games lost by a large margin.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Seriously.

That was my first reaction too, but we don't know how the injuries are actually occurring. I think these players need to use some common sense out there. There is no bloody way you should ever be putting yourself in position to get 6-gamed in a bloody practice. Ease up and be smarter. Freak things can still happen, but this is ridiculous.

I wonder if some of it is due to how little practice time there actually is nowadays. I'm sure these guys still spend several hours a day at the facility, but since the CBA has largely banned practices, they're probably spending a bunch of time in the weight room instead. Over-training on the weights makes you more prone to injury, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's why so many players have been blowing out their Achilles and suffering other serious non-contact injuries at such an alarming rate over the last few seasons. Injuries like the Parker one simply don't happen under normal circumstances, and he's just one of many football players to suffer a catastrophic injury doing something as mundane as running a route over the last decade or so. I really think it has to be over-training in the gym, as these injuries never used to occur before hitting the field at 3% body fat became the norm.

Reactions: rboomercat90

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I think you’re remembering this wrong. What Reilly described is exactly how fans have reacted to returning players in this market and I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Reactions: guymez

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Rielly got shut down on his first drive.

Edit: spoke too soon. Two bad penalties keeps their drive alive and they score a TD.

Last edited:

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I'm excited for this season. This is going to be an intense game, wish there were a few more butts in the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad