Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Argos have also been out West with limited travel and have a full weeks rest. The Esks played Saturday in 35+ degree heat and had to travel across the country. I bet this game will be a challenge for the Esks to win despite the apparent mismatch on paper.
Curious to see what weather is going to do tomorrow as well.

Up until this morning they were still calling for rain so I'm curious what kind of fan show up we will have too. Add all the other things going on and it could be a very poor attendance once again.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Curious to see what weather is going to do tomorrow as well.

Up until this morning they were still calling for rain so I'm curious what kind of fan show up we will have too. Add all the other things going on and it could be a very poor attendance once again.
Weather looks good, although a bit cool it looks like no rain. I’ll be there with my 9 and 7 year old. Going to K-days then taking a quick LRT ride over to Commonwealth. Honestly I don’t think I’d be able to make it through the day if it were as hot as yesterday.

Can’t complain about the ticket promotion either as it will be around $25 total with the kids getting in free. $2.25 hotdogs and cheap beer too, although I’ll only have one or two at most. Hopefully the cheap beer doesn’t make for too many wasted losers at the game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Weather looks good, although a bit cool it looks like no rain. I’ll be there with my 9 and 7 year old. Going to K-days then taking a quick LRT ride over to Commonwealth. Honestly I don’t think I’d be able to make it through the day if it were as hot as yesterday.

Can’t complain about the ticket promotion either as it will be around $25 total with the kids getting in free. $2.25 hotdogs and cheap beer too, although I’ll only have one or two at most. Hopefully the cheap beer doesn’t make for too many wasted losers at the game.

Might want to rejig the plans slightly.

Attendance at Esks game tomorrow is good for gate admission to K Days on Friday. Just show ticket stub, you get in free. So even better value.

This way you have two days of entertainment, and lots going on before the football game as well at east side of stadium.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Argos have also been out West with limited travel and have a full weeks rest. The Esks played Saturday in 35+ degree heat and had to travel across the country. I bet this game will be a challenge for the Esks to win despite the apparent mismatch on paper.

I agree...those are definite factors.

I also think that Toronto was pretty close to beating the Stamps last game. If not for turnovers they likely win that game.
They are not a pushover IMO.

Reactions: Jet Walters

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Might want to rejig the plans slightly.

Attendance at Esks game tomorrow is good for gate admission to K Days on Friday. Just show ticket stub, you get in free. So even better value.

This way you have two days of entertainment, and lots going on before the football game as well at east side of stadium.
Thanks for the heads up. Already picked up all day unlimited ride passes for myself and the kids for $48 per. Should be a fun day as long as the little buggers don’t convince me go on the crazy rides and I lose my lunch.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thanks for the heads up. Already picked up all day unlimited ride passes for myself and the kids for $48 per. Should be a fun day as long as the little buggers don’t convince me go on the crazy rides and I lose my lunch.

Reminds me of , something I saw at K days on Sunday. It was hot, kids on a challenging ride, maybe the first time, mom and dad both saying "Don't worry its safe" while the largest of the kids is looking like he's ready to lose his lunch and the parents right to the side within projectile range..

Immediately motioned the wife to back away before the vomitus hit..

Do they still have that enclosed monstrous thing that spins around like a giant top? Went on it once. Somebody barfed and centrifugal force took over along with contagious barfing.. not a great conception. Not a fun ride.

Reactions: Jet Walters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Rielly is incredibly selfish.

Reilly has always had this machismo. At the Grey Cup party in 2015 he made a big point of stating that theres no way he's ever going to slide to base, this isn't baseball, and that he's going to punch yards like a tank and take hits and lead the way. He equated it to the every inch thing like he's Al Pacino.

This kind of hubris works when you are at man top of your game and your body is feeling at its absolute peak. But soon as you are past that peak, dealing with constant injury, contusion, soreness, arthritis, you start feeling every hit a whole lot more.

So Reilly has trapped himself in this cage of his own youthful creation. So that to not take the hits now would seem like a lie to him. Like he's not giving everything. He doesn't realize with this mindset, and not being able to evade tackle well anymore, he's giving less with this approach.

I find it easier to be critical of his flaws when he's not leading this team.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Reilly has always had this machismo. At the Grey Cup party in 2015 he made a big point of stating that theres no way he's ever going to slide to base, this isn't baseball, and that he's going to punch yards like a tank and take hits and lead the way. He equated it to the every inch thing like he's Al Pacino.

This kind of hubris works when you are at man top of your game and your body is feeling at its absolute peak. But soon as you are past that peak, dealing with constant injury, contusion, soreness, arthritis, you start feeling every hit a whole lot more.

So Reilly has trapped himself in this cage of his own youthful creation. So that to not take the hits now would seem like a lie to him. Like he's not giving everything. He doesn't realize with this mindset, and not being able to evade tackle well anymore, he's giving less with this approach.

I find it easier to be critical of his flaws when he's not leading this team.
and by selfish I mean that he’s putting himself at risk for unnecessary injury or pain. It’s selfish to put him at risk for the season.

I’ll always love what he did for the eskimos and his compete level but at some point he has to realize the risk

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No coach is going to have the balls to pull Reilly. If Chris Jones couldn't do it, a rookie Claybrooks won't do it. The only way Reilly is coming out is if he takes himself out.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
and by selfish I mean that he’s putting himself at risk for unnecessary injury or pain. It’s selfish to put him at risk for the season.

I’ll always love what he did for the eskimos and his compete level but at some point he has to realize the risk
It's already happened to him too, late in the 2014 season. He stayed in while the Eskimos were up 30-3 in the fourth quarter on BC and injured his foot on a scramble. Nichols started the West Semi. Reilly played most of the West Final but he was hobbled and the Esks got blown out.

New thread up: Eskimos: - Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad