Edmonton Elks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Everybody forget about all the rule breaking and shady shit Jones was doing in Saskatchewan or are we just excited about the possibility of him doing that here?

That's how desperate we've become. Say what you want about the guy, he knows his football. I would take a couple years of a good team followed by him leaving, over another useless plug of a coach.

Reactions: fresh meat

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everybody forget about all the rule breaking and shady shit Jones was doing in Saskatchewan or are we just excited about the possibility of him doing that here?

Fandom doesn't know a lot of objective standards.

If you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough.

i got a few of these..;)

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'd rather he not flaunt the rules recklessly like he did at points in Saskatchewan, but they caught it and penalized it. To be successful in sports you should always be looking around the edges of the rules to gain some advantage, the key is to not do it so badly as to incure massive penalties ala John Chayka.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Or usurp the job of those above him, which is why he might not get hired.

You can't blame a guy for seeking promotions. A position coach is worth enough to be comparable to any position in the CFL and it presents promotional opportunities. If you can become a Coordinator in the NFL, ala Mark Trestman, it's a massive promotion financially that any reasonable person should want to take. Let's not even mention what being a head coach would mean. A man has to do what's best for his family. Moving back to your native country and for a big payday is a honest decision for a man to make even if it's inconvenient for CFL teams to accept.

Chris Jones is a very good coach and I for one really enjoyed watching the team in the years he coached. I'd be happy to see if he can repeat his previous success even if it's a short term arrangement. Winning is what matter most and that's what he does. A good QB with his D is a recipe for success IMO.
Watching his defenses was a thing of art.

Even if he's only here for one year, if he brings us success, I don't care at this point.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
This is actually a shock considering they also signed Walker AND Milanovich resigned.
I wonder how much Walker signed for? Wasn't he the highest paid WR when he was in Toronto?

For some reason I thought Walker was older, he's only 29.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Ellingson has re-signed with the Eskimos (in addition to Walker) so we now have arguably the 2 best wide receivers in the CFL.

Now all we need are some actual games to play.

And of course, a new name to keep Gerry Moondoggy happy and content.

Reactions: Stoneman89

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
So we have Walker, Ellingson, Edwards and Collins Jr.? I wonder if one of the last 2 won't be affordable anymore...

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
At the end of the day, all the signings might mean diddly squat if they can't get another season off the ground.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
So we have Walker, Ellingson, Edwards and Collins Jr.? I wonder if one of the last 2 won't be affordable anymore...

Only the GM knows for sure but at least on paper it has become a very impressive receiving core.

Collins is more of a possession type target with a style that compliments Walker and Ellingson. I don't know much about Edwards. Someone on the board can probably fill us in on his style/strengths etc.

At any rate it feels good to know the Eskimos (sorry Keith and Gerry, sue me for writing that if you want to) are still in business (at least for the time being).

My guess is that there will be a shortened season beginning after Labor day centered in Winnipeg? We will have some herd immunity by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad