GDT: Edmonton @ Calgary 8 PM MT | CBC |

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Haha I'm loving how butt hurt they are.

giphy.gif

Haha they're so mad. "Wahh Gaudreau why do people keep talking about good rookies waaahhh" as though the exact same thing didn't happen with Hall, RNH, Eberle, even guys like Gagner.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Only cause you were riding Jank's coattails :sarcasm:

Wolf with the hat.

[nhl]740575[/nhl]

tumblr_mylslgcfVY1shrn7zo1_500.gif
7:27 ice-time, 1 shot, 1 post, 2 hits and a takeaway, not too shabby. He had alot of hustle out there.

Since he said stitches are apart of the game maybe he got cut by a skate?

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
WINNNERRRRSS!

What is that horn?

It's an airhorn that the timekeeper manually triggers at the period's end. The actual horn is having technical difficulties or something. It has been off and on since about like December.

Hope that helps!

Wolf played so well tonight, awesome to see.

Also, **** the Oilers.

Fun note, the Hitmen beat the Oil Kings today too, 5-0. So really today Calgary as a city beat Edmonton as a city 9-2. **** yeah.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Paul Byron has been given credit for the goal we thought Raymond scored.

From NHL.com

SCORING SUMMARY

1ST PERIOD
02:43 EDM Jordan Eberle (13) ASST: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (18) 1 - 0 EDM
11:41 EDM Benoit Pouliot (11) ASST: Jordan Eberle (18), Jeff Petry (7) 2 - 0 EDM

2ND PERIOD
NONE

3RD PERIOD
02:56 CGY Paul Byron (6) ASST: Mason Raymond (4), Josh Jooris (6) 2 - 1 EDM
06:16 CGY Lance Bouma (7) ASST: David Jones (9), Mikael Backlund (7) 2 - 2 Tie
08:39 CGY PPG - Sean Monahan (16) ASST: Mark Giordano (31), Dennis Wideman (17) 3 - 2 CGY
16:27 CGY Lance Bouma (8) ASST: Mikael Backlund (8), David Jones (10) 4 - 2 CGY

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Only cause you were riding Jank's coattails :sarcasm:

Wolf with the hat.

[nhl]740575[/nhl]

tumblr_mylslgcfVY1shrn7zo1_500.gif

This guy is great. He really embodies the Flames identity and hope we get to see a lot more from him. Plus his gif potential is just ... oh lord. Gonna have to break out some altered beast and cook something special up.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You could tell in the 2nd period we weren't going to lose that game. The Oilers are prone to blowing 3rd period leads, the Flames are known for coming back in the final frame. I was really impressed with how the Oil looked in the 1st period, but give Hartley and his troops credit, our boys kept coming and were pouring it on and got stronger as the game wore on. I always love a W against the Oilers.

I was SUPER impressed with Wolf, like seriously I love that guy. Simply put, you notice him. He works his butt off, he's a forechecking monster, he's huge and he's an intimidating presence. He could of easily had 2 goals last night as well. He's not just a plug, but guys like that can change the tone of a game. Look at teams like the Kings how they wear their opponents down. Bollig is fine and does his job well, but I'm really on the Wolf train. I really hope Wolf stays up the remainder of the season, we need a guy like him. I think our team is to soft a lot the time compared to last year and he's a game changer with his presence alone.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
What I liked about Wolf was even though he worked and skated hard he wasn't out of control, he had a good panic level, he looked mature out there, and man doesn't his face look like a wolf? And the broad shoulders? A marketing dream for the PR department

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If Wolf maxed out as a 20-30 point contributor, but brought exactly what he did last night consistently, he would be a force for us. You can't measure the non scoring attributes he provides, but seriously guys like that are rare and can change the complexion of a game by getting the forecheck going and by being an imposing force and using his size. His forcechecking style is a little comical to me, but he hustles so hard out there, I just love everything about that guy, especially his German accent.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks for that!

Yeah, he looked great out there. He really used this opportunity to show the big club that he belongs.
I wouldn't go that far and as you know I am a big Wolf fan. I think he has great potential. But all he has earned IMO is another opportunity, in another game to show them what he has.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't go that far and as you know I am a big Wolf fan. I think he has great potential. But all he has earned IMO is another opportunity, in another game to show them what he has.

I think the thing with Wolf would be, is can he bring what he did last night consistently? It's really hard for guys to maintain a high level of effort day in day out, and if Wolf has a couple of lacklustre games he'll probably find himself in the pressbox or Adirondack. But I really like what I saw last night, and if he keeps that up all season then I see no reason to send him back.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think the thing with Wolf would be, is can he bring what he did last night consistently? It's really hard for guys to maintain a high level of effort day in day out, and if Wolf has a couple of lacklustre games he'll probably find himself in the pressbox or Adirondack. But I really like what I saw last night, and if he keeps that up all season then I see no reason to send him back.
Agreed completely, I have no doubt he can keep it up though. He has a work ethic like Jooris and Bouma

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad