Value of: Edmonton 1st 2020

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
What young winger could Edmonton get for their 2020 1st . Can add AA and/or Puljujarvi to the deal .

Please keep the offers realistic as Edmonton is up against the cap . If the cap hit is higher Edmonton would have to send cap back .

Part 2 is a simple question . Would any team have interest in Kassian ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Problem with picks 14+ is the waive drops from 5-12/13. Talent from 14+ seems to be another waive for a decent stretch. Maybe teams with no picks or later round picks are looking at a certain guy they are high on at that 14-20 range? They might be interested

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tbh I have no clue but the chances scout's dont like someone or a gm thinks he is the smarter than the draft list is prob close to 99 percent

Usually there is a center or defenseman that teams jump on early. I don't see that outside of the top 11/12. A guy like Lundell is ranked 12th on Bob's list. Maybe he goes earlier. What Defensemen outside of the top 11/12 gets taken earlier? Guhle or Schneider? Doubt that

Not impossible though. Each team has their own draft board and BPA rankings

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think they move it because they don't have their 2nd, possibly don't have their 3rd and they don't have their 4th.

Edmonton probably keeps thr 1st

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Jack Quinn and Seth Jarvis are pretty good young wingers with lots of potential. You can even keep AA and Puljujarvi, doubt either cost more than your 1st to acquire
I think the issue is finding immediate help. Oilers made the playoffs next year and don't look to take a step back. If you think those players are 3 or so years away, trading the 1st might not be a bad decision. The player obviously has to be worth it. I'd assume they'd want a player 25 or under. Finding a way to move some other pieces would obviously be better than moving the 1st, but that's a very valuable asset teams would want.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don't think they move it because they don't have their 2nd, possibly don't have their 3rd and they don't have their 4th.

I’m sure the Sens would help out that problem lol. Idk exact pick value but something like Isles 1st + 2 2nds may be an offer to move up to 14th

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
What young winger could Edmonton get for their 2020 1st . Can add AA and/or Puljujarvi to the deal .

Please keep the offers realistic as Edmonton is up against the cap . If the cap hit is higher Edmonton would have to send cap back .

If they don’t hav a 2nd thry might be more interested in trading down to 20-23 and get a 2nd.

As stated by a few replies to your initial offer the Oilers, and specifically Holland, won't be dealing the 1st this year for a player. Holland has already pulled out of the Murray negotiations because the Pens wanted a 2020 1st involved.

When you ask for a winger you'll probably get underwhelming offers for it, like Buchnevich (middle 6 winger, just had a career high of 16 goals and 46 points, one year left on his contract)

Holland has a record of dealing picks down in the draft to get additional picks in later rounds. That is the most likely scenario.

Let's say:

:edmonton

Islanders 1st 2020 (late, late pick)
Ottawa's 2nd 2020
Blue jackets 2nd 2021

:sens
Edmonton's 2020 1st round pick (14 OA)

Basically Ottawa moves up around 14 spots in the 1st round for two 2nds.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010

Why would you trade Kass? I don't get it why some Edmonton fans want to trade him when we have no one who plays like him . Ya he had a bad playoff but so did 90% of the team .
Kass brings more to the table than some Edmonton fans want to admit too

Reactions: zar and spaghtti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad