Value of: Edmonton 1st 2020

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
From the Oilers perspective I'd think Silfverberg would be the better target.

They need a great defensive winger they can help McDavid and Draisaitl with (both need defensive help).

They need a veteran leader with a great playoff resume.

That's Silfverberg.

He's by no means untouchable, but would the return be worth it? The Ducks shouldn't trade both Rakell and Silf, they need good vets to ease in the young guys. I guess it would depend on the returns for both, take the higher return and keep the other.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
What young winger could Edmonton get for their 2020 1st . Can add AA and/or Puljujarvi to the deal .

Please keep the offers realistic as Edmonton is up against the cap . If the cap hit is higher Edmonton would have to send cap back .

Part 2 is a simple question . Would any team have interest in Kassian ?
How much are you retaining on Kassian?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I thought this was discussed and the Oilers were getting DeBrusk and a Bruins LHD prospect for 1st and Puljajaarvi?

Jake was the 14th OA in his draft and has lived up to that draft position and status. Puljajaarvi is included for the development of Jake at the cost of the development of another Bruins prospect. Not all of Vaakanianen, Lauzon and Zboril can make the roster next year in Boston.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No kidding.

Both would be good additions to the Oilers line up, but Rakell has a higher offensive ceiling, is two years younger and costs around $2 Million less AAV. He is a better fit IMHO. Both would be welcome though. Bud.
Ya I mean from a fan perspective I’d love to see Rakell on mcdavids wing or playing with then oilers offensive talent. With ducks able to retain or take back russel it could be a pretty huge move for oilers.

I think Rakell is an ideal winger for mcdavid.... good skater, great hands(dekes/redirects) dangerous from his forehand or backhand side.... good shot. And at his cap hit(potentially retained/trade for cap dump) it’s essentially a no brained assuming you can get out of the trade without losing 1 of broberg/Bouchard which is where the disconnect would lay.

If russel is part of the trade you save 200k in cap space and drop a 7th dmen for a guy that could be a 30/70 guy along side mcdavid

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad