Proposal: Edm-Wpg

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Copp is actually a good bottom-sixer (even though Maurice likes to throw him on line 1 from time to time) while Chiasson probably has negative value.

Reactions: hn777

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Great response with the "Not even going to look up who is who". It looks like you didn't look up anything actually.

Neither of these players are on the top PP or PK units (Copp was this year, but both were secondary last few years). Usage varies over the years, but both players played secondary PP and PK over their careers (no PK last year for Chaisson). And don't pretend Chaisson is on the ice when trailing, I highly doubt that. The difference in usage might affect +/- by 2-3 points a year, but overall Copp plays more minutes per game, has a stronger defensive game, plays the harder position, and has similar point totals, and is also 4 years younger. This does not benefit the Jets at all.
I'm a Jets fan and I wouldn't make this trade in a million years. You're better suited using 5v5 goal differential than +/- in every single situation to support your argument was my point. It supports what you are arguing very well, by the way.

Chiasson had 15 power play goals the year prior to this shortened one. Also have you seen the wing options in Edmonton? He was very often on the top PP unit and I'm willing to bet on the ice often when their net was empty.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
I'm a Jets fan and I wouldn't make this trade in a million years. You're better suited using 5v5 goal differential than +/- in every single situation to support your argument was my point. It supports what you arguing very well, by the way.

Chiasson had 15 power play goals the year prior to this shortened one. Also have you seen the wing options in Edmonton? He was very often on the top PP unit and I'm willing to bet on the ice often when their net was empty.
He was 5th in TOIPP last year for forwards. Ahead of him was Draisaitl, McDavid, RNH and Neal. Neal being the closest to him has over 40 seconds average TOIPP per game.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That's your opinion, but you aren't exactly the final word on the subject. Chiasson is an NHL player who can help a team out with a net presence and pot a few goals.

He’s serviceable but let’s be honest even with our lack of winger depth if we could dump him without taking cap back he’d already be gone.

90% of Oil fans projected lineups shown him as a 4th liner and a few even as the 13th forward. With Neal usually on the 4th line too it’s a ton of cap space for a pair of 4th liners. Least Neal adds some PP value

All in all the truth is he’s not a player you buyout or look to add assets to dump but he also has zero trade value. No one in a flat cap market is giving a positive asset to get a $2.1 4th liner

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Stats say Chiasson is the more valuable player, watching hockey I know that Copp is a valuable all around 4th liner, but the difference isn’t a 2nd round pick when they make the same
The thing is why do this just to make a move. Tough it out and let his contract expire in a shortened season and never look back. The fact is we are stuck with him. It’s kind of like that moment where you sober up and realize that The 6 you took home is really a 3. There is only one thing left to do, suck it up and know that next time you invest money trying to score shop a little more.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Your name is pretty fitting here. Winnipeg gets shafted considering what Copp accomplished last season.

Reactions: RustyCat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad