GDT: EDM @ WPG 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I would recommend the team player better the entire game and try to win.
Team played well enough and controlled the game EV. NHL had some other ideas.

PK needs to be tighter, we need Stecher dressing, and we need some other than the usual people scoring the goals. Anybody stepping up and potting some would be nice. We've had nobody doing that recently and we have all of McD, Nuge, Kane, Brown having immense scoring difficulty this season. That needs to change.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nurse-Ceci (This is the end, my only friend the end)

Carrick out (I like the player but he's had 2 meh games in a row)

Ryan in (guy looks pretty washed IMO)
Its very concerning that Carrick needs a wake up call this early in his stint with new team. It isn't a complex role. You're here to be a role player, be tough, hit, fight, and play some solid bottomsix. He can't be mailing it in while our Stars we're getting mauled in Ontario.

How does Stecher not draw in over Ceci? Somebody tell coach to look at the 3-2 goal 10X. Sit Ceci out and make him write lines..

"I will not be caught deep chasing a puck, ever, ever, ever, period. I am the one D on this club whose only value is staying back, I am NOT a jump D"

Thousand lines Ceci. Sit your ass.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
essentially that if Holland has all this influence and respect around the league, why can't we get a call?

He then called blaming the refs a loser's lament... but then said you can see why people are complaining.
That seems like a dumb take lol. Or at least it is if that's a criticism of Holland.

Reactions: Leonardlizard

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I've never hoped to be wrong more, but this team has a second round exit written all over it. They simply didn't do enough to address their weaknesses to stack up against the class of the West. They needed help at RW and RD and instead added a 3C (that's miscast as a 3C) and a 4C.

My hope is if they do win their first round series they'll have revenge on their minds for VAN or Vegas which might propel them but the Central is absurd.
How is Henrique miscast as a 3c exactly? He has played 2c/3c his entire career

Do the Oilers have the wherewithal to recall Jack Campbell, if not when will they or what would they have to do to make it happen?
They don’t have the cap room to recall Campbell and even if they did I wouldn’t do it.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
He's a scoring 2C. he's being asked to play the role of a shutdown 3C, which isn't what he is and never has been. I think Knoblauch has recognized that by moving him to 2LW.
He played that exact role in Anaheim the last two years. He has been in the 3c spot for 2 years. He was a plus player on a team that was -308 or something over the last 3 years and over 50 percent on the dot. Also he the best PK guy on the ducks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He's a scoring 2C. he's being asked to play the role of a shutdown 3C, which isn't what he is and never has been. I think Knoblauch has recognized that by moving him to 2LW.
He was fine in the role in Jersey. He was the Devils best C, jmo, the year they went to cup final. Was also good first year in Anaheim when Ducks still had a decent club.

Any look at his stats since need to account for how bad Ducks have been. Even with that he's managed to suppress GA totals. Not sure how you are concluding this.

Adam Henrique knows the right way to play and its why we got him. He was a good get for us. His contribution will be important, if not unsung.

Your post is about as wrong as its possible to be. Seems you don't know a thing about the player or what his roles and usage have been.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
essentially that if Holland has all this influence and respect around the league, why can't we get a call?

He then called blaming the refs a loser's lament... but then said you can see why people are complaining.
There are things to criticise Holland for and that is well down the list IMO.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Campbell have the very best number in the Ahl since 2024 started. But got injured yesterday.

Hopefully it's not too bad but it was reported to be torn ACL and that usually heal very slowly.
I read to took a clapper off the head in warmup. Where did the ACL news come from??

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
If you're getting inspiration from Bob Stauffer you'll buy into any deception. Bob has done nothing but regurgitate bullshit for decades. Some insist on more crap. They desire to roll around in it. The power of conditioning is phantasmagorical.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He was fine in the role in Jersey. He was the Devils best C, jmo, the year they went to cup final. Was also good first year in Anaheim when Ducks still had a decent club.

Any look at his stats since need to account for how bad Ducks have been. Even with that he's managed to suppress GA totals. Not sure how you are concluding this.

Adam Henrique knows the right way to play and its why we got him. He was a good get for us. His contribution will be important, if not unsung.

Your post is about as wrong as its possible to be. Seems you don't know a thing about the player or what his roles and usage have been.
He's going from playing with the Ducks best players 18 minutes a night to playing with whatever's left of Evander Kane's give a shit and Connor Brown. He's also only playing 15 minutes a night here, which is a significant adjustment.

"he was fine in Jersey?" that was 10 years ago my guy. Is Guardians of the Galaxy still the most popular movie in the world? Age comes for everyone and honestly Henrique looks old and slow so far.

He also doesn't "suppress GA". His results against elites the last couple years aren't very good at all, and they were especially poor this year. Look for yourself: PuckIQ | Woodmoney

Seems you got your panties in a bunch when a player you like got questioned :)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He's going from playing with the Ducks best players 18 minutes a night to playing with whatever's left of Evander Kane's give a shit and Connor Brown. He's also only playing 15 minutes a night here, which is a significant adjustment.

"he was fine in Jersey?" that was 10 years ago my guy. Is Guardians of the Galaxy still the most popular movie in the world? Age comes for everyone and honestly Henrique looks old and slow so far.

He also doesn't "suppress GA". His results against elites the last couple years aren't very good at all, and they were especially poor this year. Look for yourself: PuckIQ | Woodmoney

Seems you got your panties in a bunch when a player you like got questioned :)
I don't have any skin in the game. Its not like he's a favorite player of mine. I appreciated he's a good player and we got him. I don't like the metric you're citing ftr. Not convinced it tells the whole story.

In other teams like Ducks Henrique could be getting mismatched. Won't necessarily be happening here and theres several spots we can put him in as he's versatile. It could be as a shutdown role, its not clear it will be as EV McD and Drai also can play those roles to a point.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Man the forward lines always change on this team. Were going to go into the playoffs once again, having no idea on what to do with the lines.
And even if it goes well he will continue to change them. He went from a guy who said he hates change if things are going well to changing them regardless. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad