GDT: EDM @ WPG 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This teams playoff hopes aren't dashed but they still lean on the same 3 things they did the last few years:

1) stars going supernova
2) elite PP
3) strong goaltending

They'll more than likely get the first two. Last one is highly questionable.

Insanely, I'm more confident that we're going to get strong goaltending than light it up on the PP.

Reactions: Leonardlizard

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
Going to need a much, much better effort against the Jets than in the previous two showings if we hope to even make a game of it.
Winnipeg can steal games in net, and have solid depth with some guys who can really generate offense.
Get out of the gate hard, get pucks on net early and crowd the crease. Coming out sleepy means we get a sleepy game which suits Winnipeg just fine.

LFG Oilers

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I predict a solid, competent 60 minute effort because we only really do those when we play the good teams.

I swear to god though, if we pass up shooting looks against Hellebyuck......
Aside form the very leaky defensive play this is what I will be curious to see as well.
That 3rd period in Ottawa was ridiculous....5 shots on goal with nearly full possession.
Pass, pass and pass some more.
Maybe Knoblauch needs to start fining players who have an open shot and choose to pass.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This isnt the time to be screwing around with line combinations. Knoblauch should have that figured out by this point in the season. The playoffs are just around the corner.
He needs to figure out the lines and stick with it so the players can hit the ground running to start the playoffs.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I predict a solid, competent 60 minute effort because we only really do those when we play the good teams.

I swear to god though, if we pass up shooting looks against Hellebyuck......
Oh I won't be surprised if he does. The book on Hellebuyck is to get him going side to side, so I won't be surprised to see them forcing passes to get him moving.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nurse-Ceci (This is the end, my only friend the end)

Carrick out (I like the player but he's had 2 meh games in a row)

Ryan in (guy looks pretty washed IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad