GDT: EDM @ WPG 6PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
You should probably pick another team now then and start posting shit on their board.

Probably best to ignore someone like this who is a brand new poster and seems to bring nothing to the conversation but whining. Sure the team hasn't been playing amazing, but still 4-2-2 post deadline while the coach has been been doing a lot of experimenting to see what different combinations bring.

As he's shown in the past that he likes to stick with lines in the good times, I'm not overly concerned provided they grab enough wins down the stretch and start to lock lines in by the 2nd week of April.

Looking at the last two games, I'm seeing Toronto as a game where the players made way too many boneheaded plays in the first half of the game moreso than a team being outworked or outcoached, so that's mostly a burn the tape type game. The Ottawa game, Edmonton wins that game 85% of the time, they just had a goalie that was due for a bad start, turn one in, and an Ottawa team that converted on a very high percentage of their few opportunities.

These next two games will be a real test though as tonight is needed to slow the bleeding and Thursday is crucial to keep home ice comfortably at hand. They need at least a point tonight, and a win Thursday.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Delusional, utterly delusional.
This team is not making the playoffs.
Nurse is a cancer that cannot be overcome.
Listen, my friend. I know you're hurting. I know you were so upset by the loss to the Maple Leafs that you created this whole entire account so you could share your pain online. It will get better. Being a fan is about cheering for the team, even when they hurt you.

If hating on the Oilers is really your thing, might I suggest going over to Calgary Puck - they have a whole thread there dedicated to hating the Oilers, their fans, and our wonderful city. That might be more your speed. Help you get out some of these bad feelings.

Go for a walk. Listen to the birds chirp. Did you see that Rachel Holman won the women's worlds? That was pretty cool.

Go oilers !!!

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Not going so far as to say they're not making the playoffs haha.

But if I'm being honest.. I wouldn't wager any money on this team winning it all.
The competition is fierce and this team is missing something I can't put my finger on.

If anything I'll say is this team does not fair well when intensity goes up. They failed against Vegas in an intense streak game, they failed against Colorado in their first meeting. They failed against Toronto on Hockey Night in Canada.

They've lost every 1st series game since 2017. They cannot deal with pressure. Those moments when the other team is feeling it. The Oilers wilt and die.. defensively.. and offensively.

That's what I'm looking at the rest of the season at least. Let's see what Winnipeg throws at us and how the Oilers respond and deal with it. If the Oilers win while the Jets throw a muffin... then whatever on to the next game.

I want to see this team beat another good team when they're both going at it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not going so far as to say they're not making the playoffs haha.

But if I'm being honest.. I wouldn't wager any money on this team winning it all.
The competition is fierce and this team is missing something I can't put my finger on.

If anything I'll say is this team does not fair well when intensity goes up. They failed against Vegas in an intense streak game, they failed against Colorado in their first meeting. They failed against Toronto on Hockey Night in Canada.

They've lost every 1st series game since 2017. They cannot deal with pressure. Those moments when the other team is feeling it. The Oilers wilt and die.. defensively.. and offensively.

That's what I'm looking at the rest of the season at least. Let's see what Winnipeg throws at us and how the Oilers respond and deal with it. If the Oilers win while the Jets throw a muffin... then whatever on to the next game.

I want to see this team beat another good team when they're both going at it.
I've never hoped to be wrong more, but this team has a second round exit written all over it. They simply didn't do enough to address their weaknesses to stack up against the class of the West. They needed help at RW and RD and instead added a 3C (that's miscast as a 3C) and a 4C.

My hope is if they do win their first round series they'll have revenge on their minds for VAN or Vegas which might propel them but the Central is absurd.

Reactions: Leonardlizard

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
This teams playoff hopes aren't dashed but they still lean on the same 3 things they did the last few years:

1) stars going supernova
2) elite PP
3) strong goaltending

They'll more than likely get the first two. Last one is highly questionable.

Reactions: Leonardlizard

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I predict a solid, competent 60 minute effort because we only really do those when we play the good teams.

I swear to god though, if we pass up shooting looks against Hellebyuck......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad