Pre-Game Talk: Edm v StL Thursday 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Will we have an answer for the Schenn line? They've owned us this season.

Jaden Schwartz is on LTIR so that line has been broken up. That said Schenn is still on a tear. If we play like we’ve played and can get a special teams win we should win the game provided Talbot plays decent and Allen doesn’t put in an all world performance. Plus I have cursed them so there’s that.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Just realized, we have 1 more healthy Schwartz (Dustin) than the Blues. The Schwartz is strong with the Oilers.

tB72SGe.gif

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Like I said earlier in the thread the Blues really seem to have fallen down and also a lot of teams up in the standings are playing pretty casually going into the holidays. Like they took a week off. NHL results in the last week or so being completely random.

Yet only 7pts separates first place in the WC, from being 9th place. With teams like San Jose and Dallas having games in hand.

Not much separation in the west.

Indeed. The top five teams in the West look good for the playoffs. The Coyotes are only team out of the chase for those final three playoff spots.

mcdraividmoto

Sep 28, 2017
Jeff Marek was just on NHL radio and he told Scott and Patrick that he heard from a source in the Oilers that there's been a running problem over the past few years where Sekera refuses to pass the puck to McDavid and he believes they have an issue with each other or something stupid.

This is the first time I'm hearing of this but has anyone heard about this before?

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Jeff Marek was just on NHL radio and he told Scott and Patrick that he heard from a source in the Oilers that there's been a running problem over the past few years where Sekera refuses to pass the puck to McDavid and he believes they have an issue with each other or something stupid.

This is the first time I'm hearing of this but has anyone heard about this before?

No, but this sounds silly given that last year he played 3on3 with Mcdavid and Drai and was generally also the D man on the first PP... didn't see any issues at all there.

This is a huge game for us. A win gives us a massive boost to our swagger and chances of getting into playoffs. A lose sets us back at least another 2 games in the chase. Playoff teams have a +4 W/L ratio right now. We still need to close that gap. Finishing before Christmas at .500 is a huge step in the right direction.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

I did notice this and told everyone that would listen. I don’t know if there is a conflict or maybe Sekera is worried about getting too many points

Connor McFries

5-14-6-1
Jan 9, 2008
Don't know what to make of this game tonight. I managed to score free tix to the game last night in Calgary and honestly, St Louis just couldn't give a f***. It was an all round boring game. Hutton made some decent saves, but brain-sharted on the game winner. Tank was invisible, Schenn seemed to have some spark in spurts, but nothing consistent. Oilers need to play like they're capable of and this will be a relatively easy win.

But then again, St Louis is a top-5 team in the league. Gaah!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

It came up last year, not sure if there’s anything to it though.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Tarasenko scares me. Talbot goes down too early and Tarasenko is a guy that can turn fully around and pick a corner. Need to contain him tonight or Talbot needs to play smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad