Pre-Game Talk: Edm v StL Thursday 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
The team is 5 and 1 versus Pacific teams and the only loss was thatbgsrbage game number 2 of the season vs Vancouver. All the team really needs to do is have a respectable win loss record vesus the rest of the conference and keep dominating the Pacific like they have so far

Reactions: ujju2

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I’m looking forward to seeing Sekera back in action. Not expecting too much from him for his first game of the season, but it will be nice to have him manning the point on the PP eventually.

Also, please beat the ever living snot out of St. Louis, please and thank you.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It might take a year. It might take a week.

82 games is simply not a good enough sample size to understand what a team is about.
Vegas looks like they have the advantage this year of teams coming to town and letting the off ice distractions get the best of them. That alone could keep them in the playoff race all season. I think this will wane out over time but it looks like a big deal this year.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Vegas looks like they have the advantage this year of teams coming to town and letting the off ice distractions get the best of them. That alone could keep them in the playoff race all season. I think this will wane out over time but it looks like a big deal this year.

Coach needs to prepare his team for those Vegas visits, similar to how football teams prepare in certain weather elements or artificial crowd noise to get prepped for a road game. Have them go on a couple team benders till 4 in the morning, snort a few rounds of coke, and bring in strippers for some lap dances. And then board the plane and kick some Knight ass.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I’m looking forward to seeing Sekera back in action. Not expecting too much from him for his first game of the season, but it will be nice to have him manning the point on the PP eventually.

Also, please beat the ever living snot out of St. Louis, please and thank you.
ummm yea... shin buster returning would be an upgrade over aimless Klefbom

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I've done a bit of travelling so far this year and I feel like whenever I'm home they play well and when I'm away they crap the bed.

I was here for the home opener then spent 10 days in California/Oregon/Washington and they sucked, came home for a bit and they we're ok then went to the Bahamas/Barbados for 16 days in Nov and saw they had some brutal games during that time. Since I've been backed they've turned things around but I'm leaving to Phoenix friday for Christmas/New year and then back there again beginning of Feb for the Waste Management Open.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
ummm yea... shin buster returning would be an upgrade over aimless Klefbom
has anybody made this joke yet?
937469.gif

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I've done a bit of travelling so far this year and I feel like whenever I'm home they play well and when I'm away they crap the bed.

I was here for the home opener then spent 10 days in California/Oregon/Washington and they sucked, came home for a bit and they we're ok then went to the Bahamas/Barbados for 16 days in Nov and saw they had some brutal games during that time. Since I've been backed they've turned things around but I'm leaving to Phoenix friday for Christmas/New year and then back there again beginning of Feb for the Waste Management Open.
I hope you get put under house arrest until July.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Don't the Oilers play there in January on McDavid's 21st birthday, just before their week off?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Don't the Oilers play there in January on McDavid's 21st birthday, just before their week off?

I didn't realize it was McDavid's birthday but I had also taken note that their first visit to Vegas coincided with a week off right after. Gotta figure there's a slight chance the boys will be going out on the town after that game.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
So how's the Defense looking like?

Nurse-Russel
Davidson-Larsson
Sekera-Benning

I guess?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
This is a team that we are built around as one to beat. They may not be as big as they used to be, but they still played big.

Heavy, heavy forecheck and good special teams and we can win this game

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Sekera may not score a lot on the PP (the shin assassin), but he distrubes the puck far better than anyone else, and that will help the offence not just on the PP.

McDavid, Draisaitl, and Nuge can generate their own offence, but getting Sekera back helps the depth guys with talent but struggle when they're not with the top guys. Looking at Slepyshev and Caggiula in particular, but Strome, Kassian and Khaira too...

Reactions: Burnoutboi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad