Pre-Game Talk: Edm v Ott 3 Game Series Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No reason for Bouch to sit out games vs OTT.
If u r scratching against OTT then might as well send him down to AHL for the season because u r hurting his development.

Go 7D or scratch Bear vs OTT in all 3 games.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
qypBGmi.jpg

Everybody loves where Calgary is headed. lol.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Archi not at practice today.

I hate the idea of practicing with 29 - 97 together for a series against the Sens. Get back to balanced lines. Get Bouchard back into the lineup.

Reactions: WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I hate the idea of practicing with 29 - 97 together for a series against the Sens. Get back to balanced lines. Get Bouchard back into the lineup.

Why?

The McDrai twist is a change up that most opponents can't handle and Nuge and Pulju are skilled enough to front a 2nd line and this even grows the game more of the latter, instead of being in the shade.

I mean this isn't where it lands, but its fine for 5 games to do this, and if McDrai superheat it gives us a good chance of winning the series.

With McDrai together for a bit we Win Win. The Ottawa games and the scoring race. Nuge will do better EV not playing with McD.

On separate lines teams have schemed specifically to break down McD, or Drai, and have been able to curtail them by double teaming. Playing the two together is an adjustment that we have to make once in awhile to throw a wrinkle at other clubs schemes, and few teams are capable of handling McDrai together. Last night was just the time to get McDrai back, said that before the game.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

What is a balanced line?
Kahun-Drai-Yama line is not a scoring threat and RNH-McD hardly ever connect at ES.
Both lines get caved in defensively.

Ennis-RNH-Pulj would be an upgrade over Kahun-Drai-Yama as 2nd line.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I think we see Smith to start. He seems to go with Smith after Smith posts a good game. Koskinen the middle game, and then I think back to Smith for the final game in the set.

Tough to say. They have four games in the next six days. Could see them wanting Smith for the Saturday game against the Canucks, so might go Kosko Mon & Fri, and Smith Wed and Sat.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
The Captains Recommendations:

- Sit Bear, Play Bouche.
- Russell is playing well, reward him with a drink and play him with Bouche.

Controversial Comment of the day:
- The DRY Line is overrated and is not worth playing. Nugent hopkins needs a fire lit under his ass. Gaetan Haas and puljujarvi Centered by Draisaitl would dominate. Both Haas and Pulju have wheels and are defensively responsible.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Lines as I called them. If Archie is good he will replace Turris.

Our lines before were balanced. They all sucked. ;)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Why?

The McDrai twist is a change up that most opponents can't handle and Nuge and Pulju are skilled enough to front a 2nd line and this even grows the game more of the latter, instead of being in the shade.

I mean this isn't where it lands, but its fine for 5 games to do this, and if McDrai superheat it gives us a good chance of winning the series.

With McDrai together for a bit we Win Win. The Ottawa games and the scoring race. Nuge will do better EV not playing with McD.

On separate lines teams have schemed specifically to break down McD, or Drai, and have been able to curtail them by double teaming. Playing the two together is an adjustment that we have to make once in awhile to throw a wrinkle at other clubs schemes, and few teams are capable of handling McDrai together. Last night was just the time to get McDrai back, said that before the game.
It's not like he can do much worse.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Why?

Teams don't scheme for us when we assemble the super line? It's a nice break-glass-in-case-of-emergency option, but I don't think the game plan going into a series with the Senators should be emergency!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Teams don't scheme for us when we assemble the super line? It's a nice break-glass-in-case-of-emergency option, but I don't think the game plan going into a series with the Senators should be emergency!

I think it’s a way to jump start the entire team. We’ve been playing with dead batteries for most of the past 4 games. This could be a great boost.

Also we never had scoring wingers to put alongside RNH at C after we moved Hall and Eberle. PJ can score. Ennis still has hands. Both hound pucks nicely. Let’s see what they can do against slightly weaker competition with RNH at C. It gives us another look if successful.

Finally RNH wants massive term and dollars. Earn it.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I think it’s a way to jump start the entire team. We’ve been playing with dead batteries for most of the past 4 games. This could be a great boost.

Also we never had scoring wingers to put alongside RNH at C after we moved Hall and Eberle. PJ can score. Ennis still has hands. Both hound pucks nicely. Let’s see what they can do against slightly weaker competition with RNH at C. It gives us another look if successful.

Finally RNH wants massive term and dollars. Earn it.

This 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad