Pre-Game Talk: Edm v LA - BlackOut Drunk Night tomorrow, 7 PM!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
When have Russian players ever done well or have been perceived well by this org. Its virtually a nonstop crashcourse of players being disrespected, devalued, and not retained.

We've had a consistently worse history involving Russian players than any other Canadian NHL club. Not many Swedes through the years either that have stuck for too long. We have a seeming huge affinity for Finns.

For an org patterned after the WHA Winnipeg Jets we have, other than Finnish players been somewhat lacking in ongoing belief in Euro players as go to parts of the roster.

The org has believed in "Feisty Finns" and that's about it.

I think there's a difference between avoiding Euros (if that's what you're implying) and having skilled personnel identifying talented Euros. Team doesn't avoid Euros; they just suck at finding quality ones that are worth playing/keeping.

Neither Yakupov nor Slepyshev showed game consistent enough to warrant all the praise/support IMO

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I can only guess that Khaira is slightly dinged up. Why would any coach sit him in favour of Auvitu, Cammellari and Caggiula...

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
He was named captain before he played a game as an Oiler. He was Eakins' puppet from day one. And quite honestly it was very apparent his best hockey was well behind him prior to being signed by the Oilers.

We had an unqualified GM, unqualified head coach and unqualified team captain. Dark, dark times.

Andrew Ference was an exemplary human being off the ice, but on the ice he was a bum through and through.

I disagree. Even in his first season here, I thought he was our best defenceman (that's really not saying much). He was the only dman on the team who even knew how to hit. His second season here was admittedly a disaster, though.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So, incoming 15 game win streak so we can go back to being a .500 team and still make the playoffs? :)

Reactions: frag2

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
You didn't like Eakins, he was the only coach in the NHL , that thought that imitating a dinosaur, would motivate his players..
Ka37BCW.gif
He looks like a seal begging for a fish.

Why did we let Huddy go? He was the one OBC that was very good.

Reactions: McBeastMode

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Oilers clawed thier way back to 500 pre Christmas then pissed it all away.

Oilers back to biting and scratching thier way to the bare minimum of 500 hockey.

Has to start tonight.

Must win. Stop the slide. Oilers seem to play well against the kings and it's a winnable game.

Go Oilers.

Reactions: booyakasha

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kassian definitely needs to sit a game or 2. The 4th line has been bleeding goals against and he's been a major part of that with lack of intensity and effort. When he's playing like he can, he is a very effective piece to the puzzle, but the last few games, he's been flat out awful.

As for Khaira, I have no idea why he sits while Sleply plays. That one makes zero sense.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Kassian definitely needs to sit a game or 2. The 4th line has been bleeding goals against and he's been a major part of that with lack of intensity and effort. When he's playing like he can, he is a very effective piece to the puzzle, but the last few games, he's been flat out awful.

As for Khaira, I have no idea why he sits while Sleply plays. That one makes zero sense.

Forget Slepy. Khaira is sitting because our worst defenseman is slotted in at forward.

Figure that one out.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I have zero faith left in this team.

In true Oiler fashion, this probably means we win tonight 4-0.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Lots of media talking about the big Pacific matchups. We aren't catching the Kings or Knight's, so those games even though they are 4 points games are essentially just a normal game in my eyes.

The only Pacific division games that the Oilers can gain some extra ground against teams that are actually catchable and in a playoff position is San Jose.

May as well put a fork in them. Oilers are done. I honestly have tried to stay positive the majority of the season but it's just too much now.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Forget Slepy. Khaira is sitting because our worst defenseman is slotted in at forward.

Figure that one out.
Say whatever you want the team was actually putting the puck into the net and atleast controlling the play for 50 percent of a the time when Auvitu was in the line up.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Khaira is sitting? What in the actual f***. I haven't been able to watch the last few games but I cannot imagine he has been bad enough to be in the press box. He has been one of our better wingers recently

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Geeezazzz, those two lines are messed up. It really does look like a desperation move by McLellan.

Cammalleri Drai Caggs??? The CDC line. The Centre for Disease Control line. That's what I'm calling it.

Then Auvitu Letestu Slepychev??? The ALS line. This line is an a abortion and fittingly will be known as the ALS line. Also known as Lou Gehrig disease it's a brain disorder disease.

:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad