Pre-Game Talk: Edm v LA - BlackOut Drunk Night tomorrow, 7 PM!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
No curses for tomorrow btw for those who are wondering. I think our team has been cursed by some evil black magic out of hell aka Calgary. I have already sacrificed a chicken on the roof of Rogers Place. I will have to dip into the Book of Souls and find something powerful to remove this curse that ails the Oilers and has deeply infected their PK, coaching decisions, game management, first unit PP, and team psyche.

Reactions: Aerrol and ToddsBod

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I missed the Jets game. Why have they blown up the Khaira-Draisaitl-Strome line? And what is that abomination of a fourth line?

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Oilers new years resolution is to kill a penalty this year.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I just don't know where to start with that lineup.

I can't even get past the second line without my brain turning to mush.

Draisaitl is finding success working the boards on the cycle. Let's put him with the two smallest players on the team that haven't won a single board battle in their careers.

:damnpc:

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Anyone else wanna take a month vacation?

airplane-movie-meme-59da844f56334.jpg

Reactions: I am the Liquor

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

Here is the forward grouping we are going to be hitting the LA Kings with.

I will let that sink in and remember, some drink to remember, some drink to forget.

Haha. What the heck is this? This looks like a coach desperate to keep his job.

Good call on blackout drunk night.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Blackout drunk night? Haha, that's the spirit!
For some odd reason i'm not really keen on staying up all night to watch this, I might adapt back to common sleep habits 'til the draft in summer.
The lineup for this game looks like an experiment, let's see how this goes..

Go Oilers!

Reactions: Night Witch

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Not going to waste any more time watching this gongshow until McLellan and his unqualified buddies are axed.

Will check the boxscore afterwards and hope to see McDavid with points on any Oilers goals though. Would be nice if he could reel in Kucherov.

Reactions: OilDrop37

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
What I would like to see for the this game:

Khaira-McDavid-Puljujarvi - on the rush offense, two big speedy wingers to drive the net
Lucic-Draisaitl-Slepyshev - cycle line
Maroon-RNH-Strome
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

Nurse-Larsson - shutdown pairing
Sekera-Klefbom - offensive zone pairing
Russell-Benning - above average 3rd paring

1-3-1 PP: (70-90 sec)
Draisaitl
Puljujarvi-RNH-McDavid
Klefbom

Spread PP: (30-50 sec)
Lucic-Maroon
Strome
Benning-Sekera

Reactions: Proko88

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Should have thrown Maroon up with Mcdavid/JP earlier as that seems to be the only spot he is worth any value to the team. I'll save judgement on Camm with Drai considering having him on any other line is pointless beyond debate. The issue I have is Lucic-Nuge-Slep were building a bunch of chemistry before Sleps injuries and instead of injecting him onto that line last game or even this game MacT I mean Tmac has him on the 4th line with Auvitu who has looked a thousand times better on defense than Benning has ever looked.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Did Slepy take a big steaming dump in the dressing room or Coaches office or something?

EVERY player on this club get chances at primo minutes this season except him. He gets a couple shifts with Drai last game and he's right bag in the bottom dog house. Meanwhile Cagg and Camm slotted with Draisaitl who must be well loved too...

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Did Slepy take a big steaming dump in the dressing room or Coaches office or something?

EVERY player on this club get chances at primo minutes this season except him. He gets a couple shifts with Drai last game and he's right bag in the bottom dog house. Meanwhile Cagg and Camm slotted with Draisaitl who must be well loved too...
They are so worried about keeping his waiver eligibility, when they should be more worried about putting the best team on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad