Pre-Game Talk: Edm v LA - BlackOut Drunk Night tomorrow, 7 PM!

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Last game, Tmac said he coached the PK himself, 33% for that game, our penalty kill is heading for the record books.
But on the bright side, we are undefeated this year...

They’ll need to stay undefeated if they want to make the playoffs.

No lie hah

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
That lineup is beyond pathetic, holy f***. We are going to get destroyed if that is what we are going in with.

Personally, I would like to see the 3C experiment put to an end temporarily and go back to stacking up the top 6.

Maroon - Mcdavid - Puju
Lucic - Nuge - Drai
Khaira - Strome - Kassian/Slepy
Cammalleri - Letestu - Kassian/Slepy
Caggiula

Lucic can’t finish anything at the moment but has shown decent chemistry with Drai in the past, would like to see them reunited. Mix things up if needed but that lineup Mclellan is going in with will get clobbered.

Oh and ffs, take Letestu off PP 1 and put Puju there. What has Letestu done to earn that spot still?

Reactions: Night Witch

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Am I mistaken or did I read somewhere that his training camp injury was as a result of his showing up to camp out of shape? I do recall a post game interview with TMac where TMac seemed quite exasperated with this recurring injury. But there is absolutely no doubt Slepyshev has been firmly wedged in TMacs doghouse.

McLellan seems like he isn't a fan of Russian players. Maybe it's his "good English at all costs" policy but remember when Yak looked amazing with McDavid and immediately got taken off of the line once Eberle was back, never to get time with McDavid ever again? Starting to be a pattern here.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The hate for Ference is another thing I'll never get. Guy was a warrior on the ice and a great human off of it. It's really too bad that we got him at the end of his career, but I don't think that justifies the hatred.
He was named captain before he played a game as an Oiler. He was Eakins' puppet from day one. And quite honestly it was very apparent his best hockey was well behind him prior to being signed by the Oilers.

We had an unqualified GM, unqualified head coach and unqualified team captain. Dark, dark times.

Andrew Ference was an exemplary human being off the ice, but on the ice he was a bum through and through.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
McLellan seems like he isn't a fan of Russian players. Maybe it's his "good English at all costs" policy but remember when Yak looked amazing with McDavid and immediately got taken off of the line once Eberle was back, never to get time with McDavid ever again? Starting to be a pattern here.

I’m not so sure he has a bias against Russians but he certainly seems to be a creature of habit hence Eberle would get that spot back. If Slepyshevs injuries are as a result of being out of shape that can be a year long crawl out of the doghouse.

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
That lineup is beyond pathetic, holy ****. We are going to get destroyed if that is what we are going in with.

Personally, I would like to see the 3C experiment put to an end temporarily and go back to stacking up the top 6.

Maroon - Mcdavid - Puju
Lucic - Nuge - Drai
Khaira - Strome - Kassian/Slepy
Cammalleri - Letestu - Kassian/Slepy
Caggiula

Lucic can’t finish anything at the moment but has shown decent chemistry with Drai in the past, would like to see them reunited. Mix things up if needed but that lineup Mclellan is going in with will get clobbered.

Oh and ffs, take Letestu off PP 1 and put Puju there. What has Letestu done to earn that spot still?

I really want to see Drai and Lucic together... They really haven't gotten a shot ~ something like 44 minutes at evens (when I last checked).

There are so many possibilities for this top 6 that haven't been tried. The two combos I'd like to see at some point are McD with RNH and Drai with Lucic.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I'm hopeful the Oilers will come out and play with passion, intelligence and a purpose. Despite those gawdawful line changes.

But my new years resolution is to shut it off as soon as the team goes down by 3.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I really want to see Drai and Lucic together... They really haven't gotten a shot ~ something like 44 minutes at evens (when I last checked).

There are so many possibilities for this top 6 that haven't been tried. The two combos I'd like to see at some point are McD with RNH and Drai with Lucic.

I have given up on the thought of Mcdavid and RNH together. Would absolutely love to see them together but we are in year 3 of the Mclellan era and Nuge and Mcdavid haven’t been tried on the same line even once. I just don’t see it ever happening under Mclellan and co.

Reactions: Lord Quas

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nah dude a casual 8 game winning streak gets us right back into things.
An 8 game winning streak and say the current playoff teams go .500 in those 8 games, we would still be 3-5 points out of a spot...if the teams only go 0.500.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Auvitu at forward makes me feel like we're back in 2010 or something.

At what point will people in this organization realize they aren't as smart as they think they are?
At the same time people on this board admit the same, soooooo never.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

When have Russian players ever done well or have been perceived well by this org. Its virtually a nonstop crashcourse of players being disrespected, devalued, and not retained.

We've had a consistently worse history involving Russian players than any other Canadian NHL club. Not many Swedes through the years either that have stuck for too long. We have a seeming huge affinity for Finns.

For an org patterned after the WHA Winnipeg Jets we have, other than Finnish players been somewhat lacking in ongoing belief in Euro players as go to parts of the roster.

The org has believed in "Feisty Finns" and that's about it.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Apparently Todd has forgotten that we’re playing hockey and not four dimensional chess.

I know Kassian hasn’t really been what he use to be (but when you’re targeted by the officials as much as he is, it’s gotta be tough) but why in the hell would you sit Kharia? What, was he playing too good?

Reactions: McDNicks17

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Did Slepy take a big steaming dump in the dressing room or Coaches office or something?

EVERY player on this club get chances at primo minutes this season except him. He gets a couple shifts with Drai last game and he's right bag in the bottom dog house. Meanwhile Cagg and Camm slotted with Draisaitl who must be well loved too...

I thought the LSD line was unreal in playoffs last year. I guess we see differently then TM

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Just out of the blue any fan can come up with some more interesting to try lineups. Just like that.

And BURY Cagg on the bottom line. Basically any fan right now would be doing that. Why have his mitts screwing up anything in topnine?

We've not even gone back to the LSD line. Why not? Why not even try it? Is this org hell bent on premium draft AGAIN this season. I thought we were done the rebuild and tanking.

LSD! LSD! LSD. I'm on board, it was a great line in playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad