Pre-Game Talk: Edm v LA - BlackOut Drunk Night tomorrow, 7 PM!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
McLellan was talking about "individual accountability" at his press conference today. :rolleyes:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Sad sack o' fans here...

Changing something when the team just got blown out? Outrage!

I don't see much outrage over the fact that changes are being made. I think the outrage is directed towards these specific changes, as most would rather see other changes.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Geeezazzz, those two lines are messed up. It really does look like a desperation move by McLellan.

Cammalleri Drai Caggs??? The CDC line. The Centre for Disease Control line. That's what I'm calling it.

Then Auvitu Letestu Slepychev??? The ALS line. This line is an a abortion and fittingly will be known as the ALS line. Also known as Lou Gehrig disease it's a brain disorder disease.

:dunno:
He literally left the player who is completely f***ing up the 4th line and tried to paint it like a pig. Letestu is the REASON that line, our pk, and our pp suck and yet they would rather insert new wingers for him every game instead of facing that fact.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Its particularly non sensible to be sitting out Khaira, given that our opponent is the physical LA Kings It would seem obvious that we could use every large body player we got. I would bench a Camm before a Khaira in this one. Khaira has not done much the last couple games but his play doesn't warrant being scratched.

That said I have a hard time comprehending what the Oilers are even thinking with Cammelari.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Its particularly non sensible to be sitting out Khaira, given that our opponent is the physical LA Kings It would seem obvious that we could use every large body player we got. I would bench a Camm before a Khaira in this one. Khaira has not done much the last couple games but his play doesn't warrant being scratched.

That said I have a hard time comprehending what the Oilers are even thinking with Cammelari.
I think benching Khaira is a wake up call. He needs to reminded him that he hasn't solidified a spot yet and that he needs to play hard every night. He is a guy that still has potential and they are trying to break some bad habits.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McLellan was talking about "individual accountability" at his press conference today. :rolleyes:

This being the coach that allows opponent coaches to linematch while the Oilers are playing home games and basically line rolling with not that much attention...

The coach with the least game management impetus I've seen is making this comment. I'm sure its about as convincing for the players than how it reads here.

Even in McLellans words "accountability starts here'' (as he's stated regarding himself and his coaching staff) and so I'm sure the selection of words is confusing if nothing else.

I far better like his "give yourselves a chance to win. Play the game hard enough to give yourself and your teammates that chance" That was a better, and more effective message for the club. Actually after Mc voiced that one in practice the team did go on a tear.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think benching Khaira is a wake up call. He needs to reminded him that he hasn't solidified a spot yet and that he needs to play hard every night. He is a guy that still has potential and they are trying to break some bad habits.

Oh I agree, but a scratch can occur anytime. I wouldn't want to axe Khaira from the lineup while we're facing the Kings because I think he could be effective playing the Kings and that we could use his size.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This being the coach that allows opponent coaches to linematch while the Oilers are playing home games and basically line rolling with not that much attention...

The coach with the least game management impetus I've seen is making this comment. I'm sure its about as convincing for the players than how it reads here.

Even in McLellans words "accountability starts here'' (as he's stated regarding himself and his coaching staff) and so I'm sure the selection of words is confusing if nothing else.

I far better like his "give your selves a chance to win. Play the game hard enough to give yourself and your teammates that chance" That was a better, and more effective message for the club. Actually after Mc voiced that one in practice the team did go on a tear.
The thing is when on the road and the home team has the advantage we are better? So you'd think allowing line matching at home by the opponent should work as well.

Reactions: McBeastMode

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Oh I agree, but a scratch can occur anytime. I wouldn't want to axe Khaira from the lineup while we're facing the Kings because I think he could be effective playing the Kings and that we could use his size.
Can't really disagree, I can just see why they'd be doing it. Timing not perfect, but maybe they don't want the slump to be longer than it already is.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
I don't see much outrage over the fact that changes are being made. I think the outrage is directed towards these specific changes, as most would rather see other changes.

3rd/4th line changes are hardly a reason to be ruffled, and lets remember we aren't privy to insider information.

Reactions: Night Witch

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it is a bit frustrating if they would axe Khaira for poor performance, and pick him out because they want to send a message to the top lines, but Khaira is still a safe target to pick. It can create some resentment if accountability won't target guys like Drai, Lucic, RNH, or even McDavid.

But do we really even know why Khaira isn't playing? Couldn't he be banged up?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
it is a bit frustrating if they would axe Khaira for poor performance, and pick him out because they want to send a message to the top lines, but Khaira is still a safe target to pick. It can create some resentment if accountability won't target guys like Drai, Lucic, RNH, or even McDavid.

But do we really even know why Khaira isn't playing? Couldn't he be banged up?
We don't even know if Khaira is out. Gregor even says he'll be surprised if Khaira is sitting.

I thought something else came out this morning, but everyone must be going off of yesterday's practice. Which could be right, but hasn't been confirmed either.

GDB 40.0: King Size Challenge (7:30pm MST, SNW)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Maybe they should bench letestu and cagguila first

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Cammalleri in the top6 is honestly more baffling to me than Auvitu on the fourth line.

The only thing he's done since getting here is fall down every time he gets near the puck.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wonder when he gets held accountable...or his ST minions?
What do you really want to see? What is holding a coach accountable really mean? He's said many times that him and his staff have to be better.

So what exactly could happen that is logical to a coach? Bench the coach?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
He literally left the player who is completely ****ing up the 4th line and tried to paint it like a pig. Letestu is the REASON that line, our pk, and our pp suck and yet they would rather insert new wingers for him every game instead of facing that fact.

I’m hoping they’re trying to trade him, seasons over, let’s run with Khaira as the 4C and see if he can handle it.

Slepyshev-Khaira-Kassian

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
What do you really want to see? What is holding a coach accountable really mean? He's said many times that him and his staff have to be better.

So what exactly could happen that is logical to a coach? Bench the coach?

For starters he can fire his assistant coaches...he’s their boss isn’t he? Isn’t that holding them accountable?

I wouldn’t shed a tear if he was fired tomorrow, looking at his current forward lineup, I’d say he’s gone nuts.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Cammalleri in the top6 is honestly more baffling to me than Auvitu on the fourth line.

The only thing he's done since getting here is fall down every time he gets near the puck.

According to some great hockey minds, he is a contributin player. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad