Proposal: Edm/Tor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
No thanks.

Besides it not being "fair value" for Kapanen, the Leafs have 15 million in space for next year, with one of Barrie/Muzzin to re-sign, and three more lesser D-men. They have no need to make a move like this.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
That’s pretty bad for Toronto. They could use a top 4 D on the right side but we can’t afford to move Larsson.

Puljujarvi likely doesn’t get the conversation even started.

We don't want Puljujarvi and we don't need RHD at this point.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
This isn't a fair trade for Toronto.

Holland IS waiting to see how much RFAs sign for in order to make a cap casualty type trade. This is true, but the Leafs aren't going to make this trade. I think as an Oiler fan it is too much to hope for.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
The posters from both sides have spoken. The leafs will not have cap issues in the next few years and Kapanen is earmarked for 60 point seasons. It seems like all is sunny in ToonTown.

Next episode:

Who was stupid enough to give an under 30 GM control of a 100 million dollar annual budget?

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
toronto needs to make space for Marner and the Oil need something of value to move puljujarvi.

Kapanen for Puljujarvi.

Puljujarvi says this not about the money so sign him for 1 year 800k and your cap troubles are over and the step down is only temporary as Puljujarvi should turn into a player of similar if not higher shelf than Kapanen.

The oilers add a scoring winger to play with Neal and RNH

I think you forgot the + after Puli

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
The posters from both sides have spoken. The leafs will not have cap issues in the next few years and Kapanen is earmarked for 60 point seasons. It seems like all is sunny in ToonTown.

Next episode:

Who was stupid enough to give an under 30 GM control of a 100 million dollar annual budget?

You do realize that you are a fan of the Oilers right?

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
As an Oilers fan, this is so gross for the Leafs. They’re trading the better player on a good contract for a lottery ticket. Absolutely no reason for them to even consider this.

Reactions: Halla

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Next episode:

Ah the old "They won't take my deal, time to trash the player / team / fans".

And you know Dubas is over 30 right? lol

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this is pretty bad. Kapanen has shown he can be a 20g/40+pt guy even with no PP time. WHy trade him straight up for a young guy that has struggled in the NHL and demanded a trade. toronto would have to get a signiciant upgrade or asset as a 2nd piece

Kapanen for Puljujarvi + 1st (top 10 protected)

Kapanen for Puljujarvi + 2nd + 2nd

Kapanen + Ceci for Puljujarvi + Larssson

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Next episode:

maybe just take a step back and realize your deal is garbage?

If the oilers had a young speedy 20/20 winger would you be ok with a deal for a prospect that hasnt panned out and requested a trade?

bad look blasting a team that has made the playoffs 3 straight years and will continue to do so for at least the next 6 while the team you support will be bottom 5-10

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Leafs laugh at this offer. They would need a top 10 protected pick added to it to even think about it. And given the fact that they are trying to win now, they don't think about it. They keep their cheap producing winger signed to a great deal.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
As an Oilers fan, this is so gross for the Leafs. They’re trading the better player on a good contract for a lottery ticket. Absolutely no reason for them to even consider this.
I like this comment. If the leafs absolutely needed to clear a couple mil to get marner in the lineup would a puljujarvi + deal make sense? probably
kap-poolparty straight up with dubas confident marner is gonna fit and no real need to take a risk? not a chance

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Man I wish the oilers weren’t a dumpster fire so the threads wouldn’t be so toxic. Politely a no from the leafs. It’s not an outrageous offer but it’s one we would gladly turn down.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
interesting idea, fit is there, value is not.

Add Oilers 2020 2nd and 2021 3rd (if the Oilers make the playoffs in 19/20.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

Next episode:

Coming from another Oiler fan, this is a pretty awful post to cap the thread off with.

Whether the Leafs have cap issues or not, I'm sure they can find someone much worse than Kapanen to dump, and probably still get back better than JP...if you were giving them some picks this might make more sense.

I wouldnt blame them for your thread when the value was fairly off to begin with.

Reactions: Julio Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad