Proposal: Edm/Tor

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Kadri isn't worth anywhere near the 8th overall pick at this time. Too many suspensions, and he's being run out of Toronto on a rail. Someone might cough up a late first, but I don't see it, and it certainly wouldn't be from the Oilers. Maybe our 2nd rounder, although we'd need to clear some cap first to do it. Despite his flaws, I like Kadri, I just don't know if we have the luxury of bringing him in to be our 3C when we already have too many holes in our top six.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Can’t see the Oilers giving up that pick for Kadri.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Kadri had back to back 30G seasons before Tavares came in and slid him down a notch... he is worth way more than a #8 may not make the NHL pick in a 2 player deep draft
I'm sure you have a dozen lists and players 8-15 could be in any order and not be arguable.

Kadri would also not be useful for the Oilers TBH

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
Why do I care about 8th overall as a Leafs fan?

Why do Oilers fans want Kadri?

I don't get it.

Reactions: phlocky

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Not even close

Another center is the last thing we need. We have Brodziak as our 4th line center if we play our 3 centers down the middle, Kadri is not needed and too old/stupid.

Reactions: Mantis

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Kadri had back to back 30G seasons before Tavares came in and slid him down a notch... he is worth way more than a #8 may not make the NHL pick in a 2 player deep draft
I'm sure you have a dozen lists and players 8-15 could be in any order and not be arguable.

A lot of posts here are incoherent, but this takes the cake.

Might want to re-read your drivel and tidy it up a bit before clicking “post”...

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
You guys are all nuts if you think the leafs are giving up a player of kadris caliber at his salary for the 8th pick.
What are the odds that the 8th even becomes an nhl regular. Let alone a good one

Reactions: Zrinski

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Well this is a pretty homerific post. Yes, Kadri has had back to back 30 goal seasons. But that was not this season, and now it seems that he isn't part of the future in Toronto. He has some well documented issues, notably his suspension history, and that black mark will follow him around. The kicker is that even if Kadri could be a 30 goal scorer, he wouldn't be for Edmonton unless we moved him from centre to wing, and that would be foolish. Kadri as our 3C would be a luxury, and one that wouldn't be putting up 30 goals per year, not with our desolate winger situation. He's a luxury that we can't really afford when we have so many other holes and little cap space to fill them. Even if somebody would give a top 10 pick for Kadri, the team to do so would not be Edmonton. Now, include Kapanen and we can talk, assuming we can find another team to take some cap space (as Toronto can't really take Lucic, Russell or Sekera back).

Reactions: Llamamoto

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Well this is a pretty homerific post. Yes, Kadri has had back to back 30 goal seasons. But that was not this season, and now it seems that he isn't part of the future in Toronto. He has some well documented issues, notably his suspension history, and that black mark will follow him around. The kicker is that even if Kadri could be a 30 goal scorer, he wouldn't be for Edmonton unless we moved him from centre to wing, and that would be foolish. Kadri as our 3C would be a luxury, and one that wouldn't be putting up 30 goals per year, not with our desolate winger situation. He's a luxury that we can't really afford when we have so many other holes and little cap space to fill them. Even if somebody would give a top 10 pick for Kadri, the team to do so would not be Edmonton. Now, include Kapanen and we can talk, assuming we can find another team to take some cap space (as Toronto can't really take Lucic, Russell or Sekera back).
Your whole team is a whole.
Just use the pick and pray that your inept management doesn't screw it up.
Odds are we will never here from the guy the Oilers pick again.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Someones triggered lol
I wasn't trying to be mean.
From top to bottom, their is no team who needs to rebuild as badly as the Oilers (Ottawa as well).
Why trade draft picks?
..... but you need a gm and some scouts for that to work. It can't just be friends and family of the 1988 Edmonton Oilers.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
As a Leaf fan, I'd rather send you Nylander for the 8th overall pick. I'm not sure I'd take it for Kadri, even though the value is great for Toronto.

Totally disagree that Kadri is getting run out of town.

I can’t imagine Edmonton trades the pick for Nylander. He’s not playing well at the moment. Don’t see it. His value is not high right now.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Your whole team is a whole.
Just use the pick and pray that your inept management doesn't screw it up.
Odds are we will never here from the guy the Oilers pick again.

Our whole team is a whole what?

The funniest thing about this attempted flame, is that us Oiler fans know far better than you how inept our management is. It doesn't hurt when you say it, because 1) it's true, and 2) we say worse about those losers than you do. We just hope that they find a non-loser to be our new GM.

As per just using the pick, that's certainly an option. Picks 3 through 8 or 9 are somewhat interchangeable this draft, so we could get a really good player there. We could also trade it if a good offer is on the table. Kadri isn't a good offer, from value or needs perspective.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
You guys are all nuts if you think the leafs are giving up a player of kadris caliber at his salary for the 8th pick.
What are the odds that the 8th even becomes an nhl regular. Let alone a good one
I don’t think your taking in the value of elc years, and RFA protection to a cap strapped team. Not that your valuation of Kadri is spot on also

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I wasn't trying to be mean.
From top to bottom, their is no team who needs to rebuild as badly as the Oilers (Ottawa as well).
Why trade draft picks?
..... but you need a gm and some scouts for that to work. It can't just be friends and family of the 1988 Edmonton Oilers.

Edmonton doesn't need a rebuild. Rebuilding involves tearing it down. We don't need to do that. With McDavid, Nuge, Draisaitl, Klefbom and Nurse, we have a good core of players to build around. We have a lot of holes to fill, but we don't need to rebuild to do it. We DO need someone competent to fill the holes on our roster, rather than sitting on his hands until he feels the need to sign overpriced regressing players or make stupid trades, a la Chiarelli.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad