Proposal: Edm/Tor

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If you can’t understand why either team would do this I don’t know what to say. Edmonton gets a 2C and the leafs would get the 8th overall pick which is good value for him which they could use to acquire a defenceman.

I get your point but just because he won’t be a 2C on Edmonton doesn’t mean he isn’t a 2C.
So you can understand why Edmonton wouldn't do this :thumbu:

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Larsson + Puljujavri + 2nd

Kapanen + Kadri

We aren't moving 8th with the potential of someone like Turcotte being available

Take Larsson and Kadri out of the deal, I'd consider Nylander as a basis for the #8, or Kapanen as a basis for Pujlu + 2nd + Kassian

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Kadri isn't worth anywhere near the 8th overall pick at this time. Too many suspensions, and he's being run out of Toronto on a rail. Someone might cough up a late first, but I don't see it, and it certainly wouldn't be from the Oilers. Maybe our 2nd rounder, although we'd need to clear some cap first to do it. Despite his flaws, I like Kadri, I just don't know if we have the luxury of bringing him in to be our 3C when we already have too many holes in our top six.

By this post you are clearly misinformed. Kadri is a 2c but with JT and Matthews here he falls to the 3 spot. Nobody is running him out of town, the Leafs need to shed salary to make the team better a problem Edmonton would love to have.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Take Larsson and Kadri out of the deal, I'd consider Nylander as a basis for the #8, or Kapanen as a basis for Pujlu + 2nd + Kassian

Basic math should show you that the Oilers could not absorb Nylander's contract without significant $$$ going back to Toronto.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

I'd do that for Kapanen. I personally wouldn't touch Nylander due to his contract. A top 10 pick, no chance unless your eating a cap dump

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
By this post you are clearly misinformed. Kadri is a 2c but with JT and Matthews here he falls to the 3 spot. Nobody is running him out of town, the Leafs need to shed salary to make the team better a problem Edmonton would love to have.
You clearly misread. I didn't say he is a 3C, I said he would be OUR 3C. And with McDavid and Nuge, he would be. He fits a 3C role better than Nuge does. There seems to be a lot of people talking about needing to dump him, so even if you don't think he needs to go, you can't accurately state that nobody is running him out of town.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I see your point but to be honest I completely forgot about RNH. But they could still trade for Kadri and have him play the 3C and put draisaitl on McDavid line.

Nazem Kadri was basically Ryan Strome on the 3rd line... the player we saw this year isn’t worth 8th overall and we have much bigger fish to fry.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd probably do it as of today. Kapanen isn't a guy we need to shed, but we need to start pinching pennies. I also think Pujlu in the Leafs system is redeemable but probably not on the Oilers-no offense.

Kapanen's speed would be a welcome addition. I agree Puljujavri isn't developing on Edmonton and needs a chance on another club.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He definitely would not be the 2C in Edmonton with McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH there.
If anything the Oilers should be packaging that pick up for help on defense

Blueline or wing depth. Equally big problems for the Oilers right now.
Here's hoping we don't need to add goalie to the list.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You clearly misread. I didn't say he is a 3C, I said he would be OUR 3C. And with McDavid and Nuge, he would be. He fits a 3C role better than Nuge does. There seems to be a lot of people talking about needing to dump him, so even if you don't think he needs to go, you can't accurately state that nobody is running him out of town.

We could roll RNH on Kadri's wing. RNH is a great playmaker and Kadri is actually a good scorer. It could be a makings of a solid 2nd line. His cap hit is pretty good for his production too.

4chandler

Apr 11, 2019
If you can’t understand why either team would do this I don’t know what to say. Edmonton gets a 2C and the leafs would get the 8th overall pick which is good value for him which they could use to acquire a defenceman.
Sorry Leafs are a playoff team they need players now, not three years from now.

Oilers are fine at C.

It's cute you think the Leafs are rebuilding.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Sorry Leafs are a playoff team they need players now, not three years from now.

Oilers are fine at C.

It's cute you think the Leafs are rebuilding.
Where in my post did I say anything about rebuilding? I said trade Kadri for the 8th and use that to acquire a defenceman. Do you only see what you want to see?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
A guy that is still in the league...let's not go down the list about the Oilers picks who have washed out/never made it at all
Every team has top picks that haven't panned out. It's not like this is an Edmonton exclusive issue. And even if it were, us Oiler fans are already aware of the issues our management has, we don't need Leafs fans pointing them out and thinking they've one upped us.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Kadri is not worth the 8th pick. Kadri or Nylander should be traded for the best RHD we can get.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Every team has top picks that haven't panned out. It's not like this is an Edmonton exclusive issue. And even if it were, us Oiler fans are already aware of the issues our management has, we don't need Leafs fans pointing them out and thinking they've one upped us.

Goes both ways pal, Oilers fans love to jump on the Leafs when their down. Don’t throw stones and expect smiles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad