Proposal: EDM / TOR

iBELEAF

May 30, 2011
Vancouver
Khaira for Leivo

Edmonton gets a forward who has a great shot and can potentially fit in the top 6 and play secondary PP time.

Toronto gets 3rd/4th liner grinder who can play on the PK (mostly to replace Leo's role)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leivo has very little value to any team besides the Leafs. He will likely be traded for a 5th or 6th round pick. Babcock does not trust him at all and there are better choices ahead of him now that it will be very hard for him to crack the lineup unless the entire team has the mumps or something.

Reactions: belair and 780il

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I'm in.
Khaira is one of my favorite grunts in the league. When many of the Oilers were simply going through the motions later in the season, Khaira never let up at all. He lacks the skills to move up the lineup very far but his hustle and heart should keep him in the NHL.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Very little point in Edmonton doing this. Khaira is a year younger, more versatile - can play C or W - and had a pretty good year last year. He’s also dirt cheap and effective, kills penalties (pk got markedly better when he took Letestu’s spot mid season) and is emerging as a tough hombre as well that doesn’t hesitate to stand up for his teammates.

Leivo would maybe be worth a low pick next year to us, Khaira is worth substantially more:

Reactions: Dan Kelly and 780il

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It isn't worth it to include Khaira in any trade as he wouldn't have the value around these parts to get a player that I think would be worth it. No interest in trading him for Leivo. I'd trade Cagguila for him though.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm in.
Khaira is one of my favorite grunts in the league. When many of the Oilers were simply going through the motions later in the season, Khaira never let up at all. He lacks the skills to move up the lineup very far but his hustle and heart should keep him in the NHL.
Khaira at the very least is a really solid bottom 6 forward. Leivo is an AHL/NHL tweener.

Just your typical Leafs proposal involving their garbage for something decent.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
No way. Khaira is one of my favourite players on the team. Plays all 3 forward positions, moves up and down the lineup. Pk's, very physical and stands up for teammates. He absolutely destroyed Clutterbuck lol. We at HFOil believe he has more offensive potential than he showed this year. You can have like a 4th for Leivo though lol.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think Khaira is a sneaky good player who's going to establish himself as a player not unlike Patty Maroon. No chance I move him for something other than a clear substantial upgrade.

Wanted Leivo last season but I'm thinking something in the ballpark of a fourth round pick.

Reactions: 780il

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Khaira for Leivo

Edmonton gets a forward who has a great shot and can potentially fit in the top 6 and play secondary PP time.

Toronto gets 3rd/4th liner grinder who can play on the PK (mostly to replace Leo's role)

Pretty easy no for Edmonton.

Best I'd do for Leivo is a 4th round pick or a waiver exempt prospect I'm not high on like Patrick Russell.

Khaira is already a better more proven NHL commodity than Leivo and Leivo doesn't have enough upside to make him more valuable.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Leivo of doesn't have a ton of value but I feel like he'll break out when he gets out of this hell hole of a situation Babcock has him in. He's played about as well or better than you'd expect for a player who gets 8-10 minutes with Moore and Martin once every 15 games or so. I wish they'd be determined to give him 20 games in a row, the majority with offensive players just to actually see if he's as good as his small sample of play and numbers have let on. Worse case you'll burn the 4th he might barely be worth now, and that's a risk worth taking, especially in a situation like last year where we were basically certain to be 3rd from the trade deadline onward

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think you’d have to offer at least a 2nd or a guy like Brown to get me interested in moving Khaira. Not that he’s worth more than Brown, there’s just no point otherwise. We have good prospects coming like Marody and Benson that could conceivably take Khaira’s spot but they’re young still and need AHL time.

How about Kassian for Leivo if you want a tough guy that can play?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I think you’d have to offer at least a 2nd or a guy like Brown to get me interested in moving Khaira. Not that he’s worth more than Brown, there’s just no point otherwise. We have good prospects coming like Marody and Benson that could conceivably take Khaira’s spot but they’re young still and need AHL time.

I'd do the OP's deal, because Babcock won't play Leivo so there's no point keeping him around....but no interest in Kassian.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014

Zero interest in trading Brown for Khaira. Khaira is certainly worth more than Leivo but not as much as Brown.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd do the OP's deal, because Babcock won't play Leivo so there's no point keeping him around....but no interest in Kassian.

Op’s deal doesn’t make any sense for us. We’d do Kassian because we could shed some salary but losing Khaira is a bigger blow and Leivo doesn’t have that kind of value for us.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Zero interest in trading Brown for Khaira. Khaira is certainly worth more than Leivo but not as much as Brown.

Didn’t say straight across or anything but I get it. Leivo is a non starter for Khaira, if Khaira is a non starter for Brown then fair enough.

I’d consider Kassian for Leivo but I think he’s got more value as well.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Actually Caggiula for Leivo is a better trade but I don't know if the Leafs do this being a potential offense for offense trade while Khaira brings great size, good speed and physical toughness and hopefully a little bit better future offense than he's shown so far and is a different player than Caggiula or Leivo, and brings a different element .

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Didn’t say straight across or anything but I get it. Leivo is a non starter for Khaira, if Khaira is a non starter for Brown then fair enough.

I’d consider Kassian for Leivo but I think he’s got more value as well.
Agreed. And yes I think Kassian would have more value too. Leivo's probably at best a 5th due to his usage.

Leivo is 25 and in 4 years has played less than 82 games in total. Regardless of what he actually is, unless Babcock is going to play him, he'll be worth next to nothing.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I think Leivo don't hold any kind of value, while Khaira does.

EDM pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4