Confirmed Trade: [EDM/PHI] Cam Talbot for Anthony Stolarz

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
OK, I'll eat some crow here. I fully expected Fletcher to manage to extract a pick in this deal, and he failed miserably.

Not happy with how it panned out, but in the end, it's minor, and if Talbot proves to be the perfect backup to Hart, so much the better.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Anthony Stolarz was traded for Cam Talbot's reputation

Talbot was a good solider for the Oilers but he has been pretty brutal this year

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Better than the Elliot rumors. The Oilers get more cap space in this deal and a goalie with at least a little upside.
I think Talbot will do well away from Toxic Edmonton. I know he's a backup in Philly but I hope some team gives him a shot as a starter next season, Carolina perhaps?

Reactions: 780il

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
Some fans of other Canadian teams ripping the oilers for this but isn't Solarz a promising young goalie?
Carter Hart is a promising young goalie. Anthony Stolarz is a 25 and, partially because of massive time lost to injury, still has yet to show much promise.

If the Flyers re-sign Talbot, which they obviously must intend to do, this makes perfect sense for them. Stolarz was likely about to walk as a UFA.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I still dont get it. For a G playing worse, and making like 4 million more for the year, you get nothing?
I was expecting at least a mid round pick. Or maybe this comes with a massive 'IOU' between Philly and Edmonton that they will cash in later.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Remember that time Oilers fans said he was one of the best in the league? Good times them.
At one point in time, he was an excellent goalie. In 2016, the Oilers were 8th in the league in Goals Against. The Oilers. With that defence. Explain how the hell that happens without Out Of Body Experience goaltending. Eventually, the Oilers got to him and we are where we are.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Kinda sad how far Talbot has fallen, I wouldnt be surprised if he rebounds (next year), but he just hasnt been good the last year and a half. Probably the best the Oilers could of done considering the circumstances.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like a Hart-Talbot goalie duo for the Flyers next year, but I'm not entirely sure what Stolarz does for Edmonton. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. Remember, Stolarz likely ends up an UFA after the year, so him staying isn't a guarantee.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Oilers shed salary heading towards the trade deadline as they chase the wildcard

Flyers improve their "vet back-up" with an expiring contract as they chase the wildcard

Win-win

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad